CDN Election 2019

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Reading that article , I did not see any mud slinging .

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
No streetlights in your neighborhood Walnut? Ever been outside under a full moon that casts a shadow.
The only real darkness in your world is the one surrounding your thinking process. Presently it could be used as a poster for my you should avoid getting the Mad-cow disease.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Andrew Scheer. Devoted family man who's going to lower taxes and make us all rich, ready to battle the evil Liberal horde. But not one word on where the money is going to come from to cover this big tax cut, or just what his party is going to do differently than those in power. Politics. Did you know that the word "politics" is derived from the latin "poly", meaning many, and "tic", a blood-sucking parasite?

However I did like his bit of bragging over how well their fund-raising efforts are going. I bet their corporate bum-buddies are lining up to make sure they are "properly represented" in Ottawa.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I don't think anyone is going to go out of their way to vote for Scheer.

The only bumps he ever has in the polls are when Trudeau stumbles.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
DOWN, NOT OUT: Giorgio Mammoliti eyes run at federal politics
Bryan Passifiume
Published:
October 23, 2018
Updated:
October 23, 2018 9:53 PM EDT
Toronto Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti. (Craig Robertson/Toronto Sun)
Toronto council’s most polarizing voice isn’t quite ready to hang up his sledgehammer.
One of several incumbents to lose their seat Monday, Giorgio Mammoliti isn’t discounting rumours he’s considering a shot in next year’s federal election.
“The best way I can describe is one of those days you’re really thirsty and you’ve think you’ve quenched your thirst, and realize you might want another glass or two,” he told the Sun Tuesday.
“I don’t think I’ve quenched my thirst yet.”
Originally a labourer with Toronto Housing and CUPE local 767 head, Mammoliti entered politics in 1990 as part of Bob Rae’s Ontario NDP upset majority.
He served as an NDP MPP until being unseated in 1995 by former North York councillor Mario Sergio.
Take a sledgehammer to social housing buildings: Mammoliti
MAMMOLITI: I dare you to call me a racist
Upsets, victories highlight dozens of key Toronto races
Mammoliti’s successful byelection win to replace Sergio started his 23-year stint in municipal politics that ended Monday.
A polarizing figure on council, Mammoliti offers no apologies for anybody who took exception to his words or actions.
“For those that perhaps looked at my career and maybe wanted me to say something differently, that’s not who I am,” he said, describing himself as honest-to-a-fault.
“I’m not a typical politician — I’m front-and-centre on making it known exactly what’s going through my mind. You have to do it the way I’ve done it for people to trust you.”
Keeping it real, he said, has been the key to his success.
“I’ve always wanted to be the person I am, for the people — and I have been, I’m proud of myself for keeping my identity,” he said.
“You either liked me or hated me, but that’s because you’ve never seen me waffle on any issue for the past 28 years, and I have no issue telling people why.”
For now, he’s planning a family vacation to consider his future — one he says may include another shot at public life.
“If I feel I’ve got a good shot at a federal level, then I will definitely be looking at that,” he said.
“For sure.”
bpassifiume@postmedia.com
On Twitter: @bryanpassifiume
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/down-not-out-giorgio-mammoliti-eyes-run-at-federal-politics

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Andrew Scheer. Devoted family man who's going to lower taxes and make us all rich, ready to battle the evil Liberal horde. But not one word on where the money is going to come from to cover this big tax cut, or just what his party is going to do differently than those in power. Politics. Did you know that the word "politics" is derived from the latin "poly", meaning many, and "tic", a blood-sucking parasite?

However I did like his bit of bragging over how well their fund-raising efforts are going. I bet their corporate bum-buddies are lining up to make sure they are "properly represented" in Ottawa.

Yeah I too am waiting for his platform to come out because he does need to tell us how he plans on reducing the HUUUGGE deficit and debt that we have and reduce taxes. Mind you, reducing taxes will increase government revenues so that'll help. I'm thinking also that spending within our means will also help reduce the deficit but that will take years. Some cuts in bloated government will also be required - I think I heard somewhere that 3 government workers are paid extremely well with benefits we can only dream of to every 1 individual in the private sector. That sounds about right so we can start there.

We've dug such a hole in our finances that it's going to take some creative doing to dig ourselves out, not unlike a family who is in debt and has to make changes to the way they operate in order to become debt free.

As Canadians, we also need to come to the understanding that whatever it is we demand the government to provide, there is a cost to us and that cost is 3x's (min.) what it would be if done by the private sector. We simply need to become more independent of government and start looking after ourselves. Needless to say, we also need to be compassionate and be there to give a hand up to those in need. (That, btw is the responsibility of all governments with the understanding that there is only 1 taxpayer).

We are so spoiled. God forbid if the government takes away anything - like the EXTREMELY generous Canada Child Benefit. That needs to be cut back to a more reasonable amount per child as one can make over $100,000 a year and still be entitled to receive it.

JMHO

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

========================================================================================================

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheer can save TWO BILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR simply by HALTING the insane LIE-beral purchase of carbon credits from Viet Nam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheer can save more money by ending the vile LIE-beral habit of sending aid money to terror group Hamas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheer can save more money by blocking the border to any more illegals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheer can save HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS by simply CANCELLING the LIE-beral pension promise/ IOU`s that

LIE-berals offered to civil service union Hogs in exchange for their votes- in what amounts to a gross conflict of interest that ought to be generating JAIL TIME for both LIE-berals and Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could not pay for the LIE-beral vote buying when the promises were made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we certainly CANNOT PAY for those LIE-beral promises now- PLUS INTEREST on those promises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheer will re-negotiate NAFTA to include honest Cdn and Yankee concerns about organized crime and national security!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheer will respect international concerns about Muslim terror- instead of wasting billions to import Muslim security risks!!!!!!!!!!!!

A grateful United States will; drop the costly tariffs and save us a pile of cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheer will complete Kinder Morgan pipeline and put Alberta back to work and generate loads of govt tax revenue selling oil and natural gas to India and China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In selling Cdn natural gas- countries such as India and China will burn LESS COAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the environment will thank us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All we have to do is GET RID of Our idiot Boy Justin and his LIE-beral losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Andrew Scheer. Devoted family man who's going to lower taxes and make us all rich, ready to battle the evil Liberal horde. But not one word on where the money is going to come from to cover this big tax cut, or just what his party is going to do differently than those in power.

Cutting donations to the Clinton Foundation and billions to other countries to help with their climate change, cut the funding to the CBC, and stop paying off convicted terrorists would be a good start.

"Business trips" to India with the family costing millions to dance around in stupid costumes. sending 300 delegates to a Paris Conference on the Canadian expense card.

Billion and a half for Canada 150, millions for a temporary rink on Parliament Hill.

Trudeau Liberals made nearly 9,000 spending announcements in the first 2 years in office at a cost of over 34 billion dollars, almost as much as the previous government spent in 4 years. Another 43 billion dropped by Trudeau in a 2018 summer spending blitz.

Stop subsidizing Bombardier and writing off billions in government loans. Maybe stop the virtue signalling bullshit and get a couple of pipelines to tidewater so we can be competitive in selling our resources.

Some of us are still wondering where all that new "infrastructure" is that Trudeau promised in 2015...where did the 186 billion go?

budget details an incomplete account of $91.1 billion in existing spending.

Frechette asked the Liberals for a revised plan on how the federal government will spend $186.7 billion in infrastructure money over the next 12 years, since the budget indicated that about one-quarter of planned spending between 2016 and 2019 was being moved to future years.

Last edited:

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I find Bernier a little too focused on identity politics, but then again, so are the others to varying degrees. However, at least he favours freer markets than the others do.