Marijuana will be legal in September 2018

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That's because now it will cut into the government's revenue stream.
There won't be any exceptions for "medical marijuana" now, either. The only legal pot is the official government pot and they can bust ALL of the other outlets without the "medical marijuana" legal gray zone getting in the way.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Of course it was Dear.

The delivery services running slow so you have to wait for your heroin? . . . cough.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Can you please not talk with your head up your arse?
I thought that a gun nut like you would like the idea. It'll give the poor, downtrodden young men something to do with the arsenals that they'll accumulate in lieu of dates with real girls.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Perhaps CBP will weigh offences differently based on the date of 10/17/18 (pre & post). Cannabis offences after October 17 , 2018 might be looked at in a lessor light, compared to criminal offences when marijuana was still illegal in Canada so that forgiven or expunged these people were still criminals committing crimes Who are trying to enter the US. Only time will tell at this point.
Under the Expungement of Historically Unjust Convictions Act (Expungement Act), the Parole Board of Canada (PBC) is the official and only federal agency responsible for ordering or refusing to order expungement of a conviction.

This legislation allows for the destruction or permanent removal of judicial records of historically unjust convictions from federal databases.

A process is now in place to expunge historically unjust convictions, which includes eligible offences involving consensual sexual activity with a same-sex partner that would be lawful today.

Certain convictions under the Criminal Code as well as certain convictions under the National Defence Act are eligible for expungement.

Persons convicted of an offence listed in the schedule to the Expungement Act are eligible to submit an application to the PBC to have the record(s) of their conviction(s) expunged. If the person is deceased, an appropriate representative, such as a close family member or a trustee, can apply on their behalf.

When an expungement is ordered, the person convicted of the offence is deemed never to have been convicted of that offence.

https://www.canada.ca/en/parole-board/services/expungements/expungement.html

I know US Border services have access to Canadian records, Ron but I doubt they store the info which means their searches would turn up empty. At least that's the way I read the law.

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
There was 100 thousand orders processed at the Ontario Government website on the first day (Wednesday) of sales.
One of them was my order ..... I got a thank you note/confirmation via e-mail and I see the money has been set aside on my Visa Card, but no notice of shipment yet.

This is going to be great for tourism. There are even Bud-n-Breakfast places opening up and some guys has opened Pineapple Express .... pot delivery in an hour or less.

Last edited:

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
I had heard of bed n breakfast before, but not Bud n Breakfast.

If pot was illegal, how was it possible to advertise Bud n Breakfast and pot delivery during the past 25 years?