Trump at 600 days plus

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
IMF revising growth estimates downward - due to largely to tariffs.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/imf-world-bank-growth-projections-1.4855024

"U.S. growth will decline once parts of its fiscal stimulus go into reverse," IMF chief economist Maurice Obstfeld said in a statement. "Notwithstanding the present demand momentum, we have downgraded our 2019 U.S. growth forecast owing to the recently enacted tariffs on a wide range of imports from China and China's retaliation."

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The only comparable president in recent history this unpopular going into the midterms was Clinton in 1994.

Democrats took a beating.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just got to thinking with over 600 days under his belt maybe it's time to stop the discussion of every little action, reaction and nuance by Trump. I think it pretty clear that since he hasn't done anything "earth shattering" to date, it's not likely he will start now! Instead of the incessant mindless chatter about Trump it might be better if we just saved the comments for the last day of the month & then start saving them again for the next month. The daily deluge of tweets, chirps and farts are getting a bit monotonous!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I just got to thinking with over 600 days under his belt maybe it's time to stop the discussion of every little action, reaction and nuance by Trump. I think it pretty clear that since he hasn't done anything "earth shattering" to date, it's not likely he will start now! Instead of the incessant mindless chatter about Trump it might be better if we just saved the comments for the last day of the month & then start saving them again for the next month. The daily deluge of tweets, chirps and farts are getting a bit monotonous!
Stop reading them.