Innocent Victims of "MeToo"

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
pgs was flattered once when a woman ran her hand up and down his arm...until he got home and realized his watch was missing.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You investigate it just like any other assault. I don't deny proving it would be harder, but it's obviously possible to still proe that something did take place (Bill Cosby anyone?)
Why there is such an issue with looking into claims of assault or even rape is insane and makes no sense.
Lots of problems. Most crimes have a time limit and this should be one of them. The problem is the lack of accuracy in remembering details. Also the definition of willing participant has changed over time. Then there is the rather odd way these charges tend to be made at the exact time the guy on the receiving end gets famous rich whatever. Too convenient for political purposes like the last one.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Lots of problems. Most crimes have a time limit and this should be one of them. The problem is the lack of accuracy in remembering details. Also the definition of willing participant has changed over time. Then there is the rather odd way these charges tend to be made at the exact time the guy on the receiving end gets famous rich whatever. Too convenient for political purposes like the last one.

1. A judge would take into account how time could affect memory.

2. A judge always judges an act based on whether it was a crime at the time that it was committed and punishes according to what the punishment was at the time that the crime was committed. This principle is established even in international law that a law cannot be imposed retroactively.

3. If a person is protected from rape shield laws and is guaranteed the presumption of innocence until proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt, and especially if guaranteed the right to an inquisitorial trial (which the latter is unfortunately not the case in Canada), then he has little to worry about. Sure the risk of a wrongful conviction is there, but is minimal.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Okay, so who do you know is telling the truth?

Great question.. I would say physical evidence.. but

but I think rape is being used as a weapon now, or in fear.

All the false accusations have taken away from real rape victims. Who's is telling the truth.. eh??

It's a sad day.. but I don't believe women now..

Coming forth after 30 some years, a manufactured story to grab money, fame or political motives.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Great question.. I would say physical evidence.. but
but I think rape is being used as a weapon now, or in fear.
All the false accusations have taken away from real rape victims. Who's is telling the truth.. eh??
It's a sad day.. but I don't believe women now..
Coming forth after 30 some years, a manufactured story to grab money, fame or political motives.

Just as a woman can make a false accusation, a man can commit sexual assault. Heck, even a woman can commit sexual assault against a man or another woman.

I agree that memory fades over time, but I trust that a competent judge would take that into account. In a rare occasion, a person might have video or other concrete proof. In that case, do we deny justice just because of a statute of limitations? I think a better solution is to ensure the judge understands how memories van become warped over time but still allow the case if strong proof is available.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Just as a woman can make a false accusation, a man can commit sexual assault. Heck, even a woman can commit sexual assault against a man or another woman.

How many times is a man of a sexual assault believed?

Or, better yet, most guys look at the girl and say; "she can assault me.." :lol:

https://cumberlink.com/news/local/c...cle_dc32bb64-3dad-11e4-8bf0-5f18bb3b54ec.html

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2017/02/05/tx-teacher-wont-register-sex-offender/

http://www.buckslocalnews.com/news/...cle_846949ec-d6d5-11e7-ad8b-eb92778e3128.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-student-sexual-assault-houston-a7425176.html

...or better yet; where were these teachers when I was in school.

Fukk'in eh!!

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

Are you encouraging women to sexually molest boys?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Honestly this metoo movement "crying rape" is taking away from the real rape victims..
False accusations make it harder for real rape victims to come forward because of what they will have to go through..
The term Sexual Assault is too vague and too powerful.

In the court of public opinion it's always rape first and a hand on the knee is the last thing thought of.

It doesn't delineate.

The experience is subjective to the victim.

To some a hand on the knee is equivalent to forced penetration.

There are many reasons for not "coming forward" and they are subjective to the victim whether rational or not and you are right, #metoo does diminish victim credibility because it has been politicized and manipulates public opinion.

As a victim, I'd never allow my experience be used for political or vindictive means.

Empowerment and ego are a bad mix.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
As a man I've technically been sexually assaulted by both females and males. Having 5 girls dunk me in a pool and each of them grabbing my junk was rape and not something I enjoyed.

Because I'm a male, females and males would automatically think I enjoyed it. Was it life altering? No. In the short term yes.

My girlfriend would have blown a gasket and would have blamed me for swimming with them in the first place which parallels a guy saying "dont dress like a slut".

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
As a man I've technically been sexually assaulted by both females and males. Having 5 girls dunk me in a pool and each of them grabbing my junk was rape and not something I enjoyed.

I wouldn't call that rape, but sexual assault for sure.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Grabbing my balls and stroking my wang is no different than fingering a vagina.

I was just referring to the strict dictionary definition of rape; but I agree that certain forms of sexual assault are just as serious as rape.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm not sure what your title is alluding to. The man was charged, not convicted. The police are merely doing their job. For them there's probably enough evidence to warrant a charge. It'll be up to the courts to determine if it and any other evidence is compelling enough for a conviction.
Then again, I know of two relatively recently released people who were wrongfully convicted of rape where the prosecutors in the cases basically railroaded them into prison by withholding evidence in one case and having evidence quashed in another that would have exonerated the accused.
In the latter case, the "victim's" lawyer was a woman who used the pathetic excuse that she simply believed the girl, despite the mountain of evidence against her claim.

It's funny how social conservatives don't "trust" the judicial system when it comes to railroading rapists but have enough trust to allow the death penalty for killers.