Time to take CLIMATE CHANGE SERIOUSLY

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No religion involved. The question to deniers is: IS it POSSIBLE?? (without resorting to "anything is possible") '-)
Of course climate is changing. Always has, most probably always will. But to think that taking money from a carbon negative country like Canada and sending it to some third world country and expecting it to change things is closer to retarded than naieve. Unless, like Gore and SUzuki you profit from the scam. One volcano puts more poisons in the air that our whole country does in a year. There are also other factors at play such as the shifting poles and changes in the magnetic field.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Truthers. or True Believers.
It is not a zero sum situation.

Following the evidence. Yes...Climate change is an ongoing possess. So perhaps the terminology should be re evaluated. for what is perceived as going on now. .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Hmm. A lot of climate change deniers.......

Seems that INFORMATION is not enough to make people at least consider the possibility...........so little wonder the newest info is presented more emphatically.

Not that it will make a difference.......to the "my mind is made up......don't confuse me with facts"..group.
Scientific evidence is there........ and the increasingly aggressive weather patters are a symptom of it

so.......perhaps the deniers could provide SCIENTIFIC DATA that climate change is not happening. IE present evidence that opposes the evidence that validates climate change. The humanoid has a certain propensity to play Russian roulette with their own lives. (eg: all the hurricane warnings in the world don't convince folks t o leave............(evacuate).......so they gamble with their lives and their pets and kids. ) But that is their choice.......Leaving others .... professionals to try and locate them when disaster strikes.
Please explain how you ans I putting money into general revenue will do anything to abate climate change?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm pretty sure once you can see all of earth in 1 picture you should be able to tell weather as good as God did for Noah, 100 years in advance of 'abrupt climate change'.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Please explain how you ans I putting money into general revenue will do anything to abate climate change?
You know where to move your fields when the crops start failing where they are at the moment. It doesn't take much of a push to get people to move to where the fields produce 2 crops/yr rather than 1.
Currently science is running in circles for some reason. More money or keep us stupid are the only reasons to do it at all.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/10...al-warming-data-finds-it-riddled-with-errors/
Just ahead of a new report from the IPCC, dubbed SR#15 about to be released today, we have this bombshell- a detailed audit shows the surface temperature data is unfit for purpose. The first ever audit of the world’s most important temperature data set (HadCRUT4) has found it to be so riddled with errors and “freakishly improbable data” that it is effectively useless.
From the IPCC:
Global Warming of 1.5 °C, an IPCC special report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty.

Last edited:

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment...uri-the-clown-of-climate-change-has-gone.html

Kyoto flopped only producing a handful of billionaires including ipccs' head honcho.
Laughably described as “the world’s leading climate scientist”, this absurd figure, with his PhD in the economics of railway engineering from an obscure US university, should never have been given the job in the first place. As a vegetarian, he jetted round the world exhorting everyone else to save the planet by giving up air travel and meat. Thanks to the prestige of his position, his institute was showered with millions of dollars by international institutions, from global banks to Yale University (not to mention £10 million from British taxpayers).
There's big money in stating the obvious, climate does change n' the UN is having a new more urgent $tab at mining.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It is not a zero sum situation.
Following the evidence. Yes...Climate change is an ongoing possess. So perhaps the terminology should be re evaluated. for what is perceived as going on now. .
Think of climate like tides. It is always changing. The problem is we have a bunch of people with the attention span of a gnat in charge and they expect that everything happens in their time frame. Even the news can only be fed to them in 40 character bites or they loose interest.
The bigger problem is the truthers are distracting us from what is really necesssary and that is cleaning up our shit. Especially in third world countries. Destroying our economy will not help them but it will hurt us and actually move us backwards.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Think of it as protection money. You pay and people leave you alone. Apple learned that they can pretty much do whatever they want as long as they say the right things, green wash, and make donations. Now, one of the worlds biggest polluters gets to hold the moral high ground.

Tesla is doing the same thing. How environmentally sound is their mining operations in Africa? They're using child labor and slave labor for crying out loud.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You know where to move your fields when the crops start failing where they are at the moment. It doesn't take much of a push to get people to move to where the fields produce 2 crops/yr rather than 1.
Currently science is running in circles for some reason. More money or keep us stupid are the only reasons to do it at all.
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/10...al-warming-data-finds-it-riddled-with-errors/
Just ahead of a new report from the IPCC, dubbed SR#15 about to be released today, we have this bombshell- a detailed audit shows the surface temperature data is unfit for purpose. The first ever audit of the world’s most important temperature data set (HadCRUT4) has found it to be so riddled with errors and “freakishly improbable data” that it is effectively useless.
From the IPCC:
Global Warming of 1.5 °C, an IPCC special report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty.
Crops have failed. They are under snow.

In AB 60% can't be harvested.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If we had only made those electronic bank transfers when we had the chance.

I must say... the absolute fury from the Alarmists is popcorn worthy. No country is keeping to their obligations.

And under Trump's leadership the U.S is leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and we pulled out of the useless Paris Accord!

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I would think exports will still be filled and any shortage will come out of the grains meant for Canadians. The rest of the month will be warmer so the crops can still be picked up. The seeds should have been mature before the snow so this is just killing the plant like the fall spray of Round-up does.

I would think it would be the mega farms that got caught with their pants down rather than it being the smaller farms. How many won't even try and just collect the insurance money?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
so.......perhaps the deniers could provide SCIENTIFIC DATA that climate change is not happening.
Nobody here is saying it isn't happening. What's up for debate is just how much is human caused. There are so many mechanisms at work when it comes to the environment and climate that to claim climate change is human caused is kind'a disingenuous.

As for my previous post, I must apologize for the grievous error I made. I said humans only generate 30 mega-tonnes per year. Don't know what I was thinking, the number is 30 giga-tonnes.
However, volcanic output from venting (not eruptions) is around 200 gigatonnes per year.

But again, if we take the UN claim that we need to reduce our emissions by 1 billion tons per year, then our starting point is 30 billion tonnes. A 1 billion a year reduction doesn't seem like it'll do much until it's too late, according to the fear-mongering.

Let me ask you Ocean Breeze, do you support ideas like putting an end to fast food dumps and other chain restaurants? Or do you support their employees getting paid a living wage?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Nobody here is saying it isn't happening. What's up for debate is just how much is human caused. There are so many mechanisms at work when it comes to the environment and climate that to claim climate change is human caused is kind'a disingenuous.
Get an estimate how much the volcano in Hawaii let into the air compared to human activity if you want to see how much of a sham it is.