Justice Kavanaugh

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
A sex predator like Trump knows exactly how much guts it takes. That's why the Kavanaugh bromance.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
At any rate, Walter...
I've noticed you have close to 25,000 posts on this forum, and no friends. Getting a thumbs down from you is a bit like getting a look of disapproval from Charles Manson.
Rent free.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good luck on that one .

Why do they set themselves up for such pain?

It reminds me of them saying that Trump could not rescind Obama's Executive Orders, but he did just as quickly as Obama wrote them.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
If you cry and say you enjoy beer at most job interviews, you probably don't get the job.

I've heard this mantra over and over again in the last couple of weeks from the left who insist on down-playing the gravity of what was at stake. If you think this process was equivalent to and as mundane as a job interview, you clearly have no concept of the power of the SCOTUS....or of the absolute and total destructive capability of a person's character and life that comes with an accusation of attempted sexual assault and gang-rape brought forward on an international level of reporting.

Regardless on which side of the issue you fall, the claim that this was "just a job interview" is such a completely flawed argument and is so obtusely off the mark as to be laughable, if not ignorant to the point of absurdity.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Kavanaugh was hand-picked by Trump to do a job. The hearings were an interview to see if he had the right stuff.

What is so laughable, flawed, obtuse, ignorant and absurd about that?

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Kavanaugh was hand-picked by Trump to do a job. The hearings were an interview to see if he had the right stuff.

What is so laughable, flawed, obtuse, ignorant and absurd about that?

Have you ever been to a job interview where you are accused of serial gang-rape, drugging, and sexual assault, three and a half decades ago without any credible evidence or corroboration and told to prove the accusation is untrue to a panel of 100 people with your "interview" being given international exposure?

Didn't think so.

Do you know the impact that SC has on society as a whole, or the impact that such a decision based on no evidence has on the country? There was actually more at stake here than even Kavanaugh's credibility, reputation, and future. If the level of your assessment you give this is such that this process is equivalent to a job interview, then it is certainly beyond my ability to explain to you or convince you how dangerous such a perception is, you obviously have it all figured out.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Job- "a task or piece of work, especially one that is paid"

Interview- "a formal consultation usually to evaluate qualifications"

Job Interview- "a formal meeting at which someone is asked questions in order to find out if they are suitable for a post of employment."

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
ob·tuse-1. annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
2. (of an angle) more than 90° and less than 180°.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
You stated that job interviews are mundane.

Perhaps sometimes for the person doing the interview, but it can be a life changing/ make or break moment for the interviewee.

Isn't this was what it was all about? Wasn't this just a high stakes job interview? You're splitting hairs to embolden your partisan leanings.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Isn't this was what it was all about? Wasn't this just a high stakes job interview?

Job interviews and the positions they fill aren't typically political, this appointment is...although it shouldn't be, which is an even more significant problem with this whole process.

I could re-ask my original question to you again about how many job interviews you've been to where the interviewer gets through 95% of the interview (including several FBI background searches)...then as they're wrapping up the interview, digs up an incredible gang-rape and sexual assault accusation against you that they've sat on for two months and demands to an international audience that you prove your innocence. But it seems you are intent on dodging this question, so it's likely pointless to go around in circles like this.

You're splitting hairs to embolden your partisan leanings.

I'm not American, and I'm not a Republican, so you're incorrect assumption is not only misinformed and off-base, but also irrelevant.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Conrad Black has an axe to grind as he was railroaded by the Left...but an interesting piece nonetheless.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
he may have been railroaded by the left but it was the us legal system that put him in jail.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I wonder if hoid is a pedo too
;)
I guess it doesn't matter if he is or not, it's the accusation that he is a pedo that is all that counts...

fricken wieners.