Is Canada ready for the coming electric vehicle revolution?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

========================================================================================================

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching Bar Silly Sister verbally spar with his opponents is like watching tornadoes running into each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God knows what will come out of the mess but it wont be pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost in all the hoopla and half assed insults and irrelevant comment is one solid and serious FACT:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

NO ELECTRIC VEHICLES WOULD EVER BE MASS PRODUCED UNLESS GOVT SUBSIDIES WERE ON OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT rush to your keyboard and start spewing irrelevant CRAP about how many subsidies gas vehicle producers get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY SILENT A LITTLE LONGER- and TRY to wrap your tiny LIE-beral minds around the FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The subsidies offered to GM and Honda et all - are MERELY FOR THE PRIVILEGE of having the jobs HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gas vehicles WILL BE MADE SOME PLACE or other because they ARE the preferred product chosen by the public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The subsidies offered to Tesla are for the purpose of bringing a largely UNWANTED and INFERIOR product into existence!!!!!!!!!!!

And without those LIE-beral subsidies then companies like Tesla will go back to being lunatic fringe players tinkering with their prototype electric Toy vehicles that the general public SCORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run to your keyboards and try to come up with some answer that actually ADDRESSES the FACT I have just named!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Why do I feel like just saying, 'Don't ever come to my defense again.'?

========================================================================================================

Poor muddled MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another entitled LIE-beral who thinks the universe revolves around HIS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust new when I say this: I WAS NOT DEFENDING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for the good belly laugh- even though I KNOW you did it unintentionally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating how our municipal govt handling of garbage is unravelling. With some comments of my own in brackets):

China's ban on foreign recyclables will cost Toronto 'millions'

By Kevin Connor. Published: March 30, 2018. Updated: March 30, 2018 5:31 PM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ Toronto & GTA

Municipalities face difficulties getting rid of recyclables after China banned foreign waste at the end of 2017. New Chinese recycling restrictions are going to hit Toronto hard in the pocketbook.

Until recently, half of the world’s recyclables were shipped to China annually.

But at the end of last year, China implemented new rule that restrict or ban foreign waste because much of the product wasn’t pure or suitable to recycle.

(It is one of the dirty little Cdn municipal secrets that our recycling program is failing miserably to recycle much over 11 percent of the crap in blue boxes! Although municipalities boast of a “diversion rate” of over 80 percent- meaning that over 80 percent of plastics and glass and other material goes into a blue box- the ugly reality is that only about ELEVEN PERCENT of that material is actually re-used- the rest ends up in a handy land fill!)

(A City tv reporter interviewed a manager at a local recycling station and the guy picked a glass bottle that once held tomato sauce- held it up to the camera and told us: “this glass container CANNOT be recycled because it has food waste in it”! Meaning it has NOT been rinsed out to become sterile! One has to ask how many other containers are discarded for the same reason!)

(Recycling in Ontari-owe is a sick and costly JOKE since nearly 90 percent of what we put in the blue box ends up in land fills anyway! Should we guess that most of what is recycled is simply newsprint and paper and aluminum cans since that stuff is least likely to be contaminated with food residue?)

(And has ANYBODY actually CONSIDERED the environmental cost to ship garbage half way around the world to China anyway? Apparently our LIE-berals with their mouldy green PRETENSE of being environmentalists simply do not care what happens to our garbage after it sails over the horizon! And now that option is gone and LIE-berals will have to figure out some other way to pass the TRASH!!!!!!!!!!)

All of Toronto’s recycling waste is sold off exclusively to Ontario markets — to the tune of $20 million in 2017.

(Uh huh- that 11 percent of our trash that actually gets used........!)

But those who have counted on the China market will come calling in Ontario

“A lot of municipalities have lost the ability to sell and are scrambling. There is more supply than demand and there aren’t enough markets,” said Derek Angove, Toronto’s director of processing and resource management for solid waste.

(More supply from blue bins than demand for the product translates into LIE-berals deliberately misrepresenting how much material is REALLY dumped in a land fill! And LIE-berals COULD REDUCE the amount of trash going into land fills by ensuring that many more products are sold in returnable containers that carry a deposit- one has only to look at the number of people scrambling to pick up scrap metal on their own time to recognize we could get types of easy to recycle containers of all sorts picked up FREE if there was suitable money in it! And if the container design made recycling easy!)

(But we have had that argument in past years and the public does not like the idea of shelling out deposits and then wasting time chasing that cash later! And LIE- berals will not bother annoying the public by implementing laws that make recycling easier because they would lose votes- WITHOUT getting any new gravy!)

(So LIE-berals decree that carbon crap and trade scam- that only cleans cash from wallets and leaves the dirt in the air- and enriches LIE-beral govt is FINE! But efforts to make it easier to recycle our trash are invoncenient and costly and are being REFUSED by LIE-berals!)

“There is so much on the market the price is declining,” he said. “Our loss will be in the order of millions.”

The city has a contract with Toronto Fibres Ltd. and “won’t get muscled out in the short-term,” Angove said.

Joe Hruska, sustainability vice-president for the Canadian Plastics Industry Association, said Toronto is still moving product.

“People are keeping fingers crossed, but things will change. We need more manufacturing to take the recyclables,” Hruska said, pointing to a Nova Scotia company that has started using film plastic as a kiln energy source to produce cement.

(Oh? And have we NOT ALSO HAD this argument before? Why YES, WE DID! Incineration produces various noxious substances- MOST NOTABLY DIOXIN- and burning plastic for cement production is a fancy way of incinerating garbage!)

(Now that LIE-berls are stuck for easy ways to dump garbage I guess we can look for LIE-beral strategists to start selling us on the virtues of burning garbage “for heat”! And LIE-berals will tell us that the new incinerators are much cleaner than the older models! But one has only to look at the litany of FAILURES in the incinerator allegedly built to higher European standards in east Oshawa!)

(The Courtice Rd incinerator has a LONG history of emissions test failures! Star up of the facility was repeatedly delayed by failure of the facility to burn clean as promised- and once regular operation the facility began- site monitoring revealed that MORE FIXES were needed so it was actually SHUT DOWN for a while!)

(Things reached such a disturbing point in 2017 that local govt began a habit of ONLY discussing progress reports IN PRIVATE!!!!!!! No disturbed and disgruntled public ALLOWED IN to hear the full sad story! How well is the incinerator functioning at this time? Who REALLY knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dr. Myra Hird, with the school of environmental studies at Queen’s University, said the China move gives recycling companies more power and municipalities will be at their mercy.

She said so much of what municipalities call recyclables simply ends up in the landfill because it isn’t reusable quality.

(Yes- as I have said- much of our junk is contaminated by food waste!)

If the material can’t be properly recycled, Hird wonders why we’re collecting it as such.

(This garbage recycling farce is being performed due to LIE-beral virtue signalling! LIE-berals want to PRETEND they environmentalists for the sake of winning some votes!)

“Environmentally speaking, it doesn’t make sense to ship recyclables (around the world) using fossil fuel when they should be used in modern, well designed landfills,” Hird said.

(It is an issue of large amounts of fossil fuel used to send trash around the world- versus small amounts need to send trash around the corner that is the problem!)

She said recycling materials may simply be disposed of in landfills regardless as municipally hired recycling companies routinely use sub-contractors.

(IN other words the sub contractors help make recycling LOOK more “successful”
by quietly disposing of trash that is listed as “recycled”!)

“Municipalities have no responsibility to track garbage to the end point.,” Hird said.

(Yes- as I have said- LIE-berals consider that anything out of sight is NOT their problem! LIE-beral claims about respecting the environment and being dedicated to recycling are a virtue signalling SHAM!!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/09/3...battery-chemistry-electric-car-sales-grow-66/

Aside from the batteries, it’s obligatory to highlight that electric car sales grew strong yet again. Globally, plug-in car sales were up 66% in the first half of 2018 versus the first half of 2017.

Fully electric cars outsold plug-in hybrids by a ratio of almost 2:1, with the former accounting for 64% of global electric car sales and the latter accounting for 36%.

66% growth explains why this is where the money is going. There is no place else in the automotive sector that has this going for it.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/09/3...battery-chemistry-electric-car-sales-grow-66/

Aside from the batteries, it’s obligatory to highlight that electric car sales grew strong yet again. Globally, plug-in car sales were up 66% in the first half of 2018 versus the first half of 2017.

Fully electric cars outsold plug-in hybrids by a ratio of almost 2:1, with the former accounting for 64% of global electric car sales and the latter accounting for 36%.

66% growth explains why this is where the money is going. There is no place else in the automotive sector that has this going for it.

======================================================================================================

So they sold 36 electric TOY cars this year instead of 20???????????????????????????

All you are doing is proving there is a market for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU OFFER ENOUGH GOVT BRIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is your BEEF isnt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who offered BRIBES to electric Toy car buyers have been VOTED OUT OF OFFICE be a disgusted Cdn public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Poor muddled MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another entitled LIE-beral who thinks the universe revolves around HIS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust new when I say this: I WAS NOT DEFENDING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for the good belly laugh- even though I KNOW you did it unintentionally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't get your panties in knot, it was my way of letting the other poster know the pause in insulting him had come to an end.
You might want to review my posts to you before you think I would want your stench in my corner.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It will be at least 50 years before we see an abundance of electric vehicles on the road. I doubt if they will EVER replace the gas combustion engines. They are simply impractical!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Imagine 50 years from now when electric cars become practical

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Maybe not much, but you brought up G.M.
yes I brought up GM as an example of a auto maker whose business has been fundamentally altered by electric technology.

Not affected in 50 years, affected today.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

Imagine 50 years from now when electric cars become practical

======================================================================================================

Better yet- IMAGINE 3 YEARS FROM NOW - when all LIE-berals govts are thrown out of office and their COSTLY subsidies to the electric TOY car Biz are CANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The yellow vest riots in Paris are JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR LIE-berals and their shameless vote buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But our hypocrite Hoid will NOT have to worry about a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tesla will hire him to sell off their forgotten stock at fire sale prices after the grand LIE-beral sponsorship of those electric toys comes to an end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure Hoid has all the qualities needed to be a used car salesman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just LOOK how well he is doing at selling LIE-beral policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
yes I brought up GM as an example of a auto maker whose business has been fundamentally altered by electric technology.

Not affected in 50 years, affected today.

OH HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been altered by electric TOY technology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would be nothing but a low rent used SUV salesman if the LIE-berals have not wasted so much money on their FAILED electric Toy cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

OH HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been altered by electric TOY technology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would be nothing but a low rent used SUV salesman if the LIE-berals have not wasted so much money on their FAILED electric Toy cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here is a reminder of how well your electric TOY vehicles work:

Here is an article condemning the LIE-beral obsession with electric Toy vehicles. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Electric dreams fuel tax nightmares

By Jerry Agar. Published: August 21, 2018. Updated: August 21, 2018 8:00 AM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ Opinion/ Columnists

Related

Editorials
EDITORIAL: Russia a threat to Arctic sovereignty
Columnists
BATRA: Councillors prove Ford's point

“I pay a lot of taxes, so I deserve a rebate on my Tesla. I’m just getting some of my money back.”

The woman calling my Newstalk 1010 radio show was furious about the cancellation of tax rebates on electric vehicles in Ontario. She claims to have paid $200,000 in taxes last year.

(Regardless of how much the woman paid in taxes- the FACT of the matter is Ontari-owe is STONY BROKE and cannot afford basic stuff like new public transit or more desperately needed hospital beds- much less electric Toy vehicle rebates for a privileged few!)

It is easy to feel overtaxed in Canada. The Fraser Institute recently calculated the average family pays more in tax than they do for housing, food and clothing combined. That is an outrage. Paying for someone else’s car adds to that burden.

(One thing ALL Ontarians agree on is the taxes are too high! But only civil service union Hogs are looking for “alternative revenue streams” that LET THEM OFF THE TAX HOOK- and quietly seek ways to pick our pockets in unique new ways- such as persuading LIE-berals to buy electric TOYS vehicles- for Hogs!)

And in Ontario for the past decade and a half, Ontarians have seen billions of those tax dollars wasted by the Liberal government.

But the cancellation of the rebates by the PC government is an attempt to stem the bleeding at the taxpayer level.

Supporters of cancelling the rebates argue government should not choose to support one buyer over another based on political favouritism. If the EV market is to grow, let it do so by making the product attractive to customers. So far only 1.4% of automobiles in Ontario are EV cars, and that is with rebates.

(Even AFTER MASSIVE rebates, a Tesla model 3 STILL COST TWICE AS MUCH as a Nissan Qashqai! And the Tesla features- shorter range, NO trailer towing capacity, limited cargo capacity and an awkward and slow refueling system that is ALSO IN NEED OF FURTHER govt subsidies so the chargers can be installed in handy places like your home and your work place!)

(The state of Nevada ALONE - put up nearly $5 billion dollars U.S. to kick start construction of the Tesla factory in that state! Then we need to add in further huge sums from other levels of govt to get local sales under way! And Wynne-bag LIE-berals have spent millions more installing “fast chargers” around the province- most of which either do not work as promised or are out right BROKEN! The fast charger contract is YET ANOTHER LIE-beral scandal! )

The Liberals’ goal was 5% of car sales to be EVs by 2020. Global quoted Industry analyst Dennis DesRosiers saying, “the chances of meeting it aren’t low, they’re zero.”

(ONE thing we do know about electric Toy vehicles is their range is cut DRASTICALLY at temperatures below 10 Celsius- and this fact is making a lot of Cdns nervous! That nasty combination of LIE-berals forcing us to buy the Toys and the reality they wont take us where we want to go in the cold are DEAL KILLERS! What range the electric Toys will really get in Cdn winter weather that is consistently well below freezing is anybodies guess!)

Those who believe rebates are the right thing to do point to the government having bailed out auto companies in the past.

So what? Doing the wrong thing once is no reason to keep doing it. There are solid economic arguments to be made that the auto industry as a whole should be forced to stand on its own four wheels, and that it can if politicians stay out of it.

(Is it not odd that LIE-berals and their civil service union Hog allies are whining LOUDLY that corporations should be paying more taxes- all except for the electric Toy car biz which they want to shower with MORE GRAVY! It is a tribute to how much gravy LIE-berals expect to earn from their electricity price gouging scam that they would support electric Toy vehicles so strongly!)

The entitlement mentality of my radio caller is reflected in the entire EV market. Following the 2018 New York International Auto Show drivingthenation.com gave 10 reasons to buy an EV.

Seven of those reasons came down to the buyer getting favouritism (entitlements) from government. Federal and state tax rebates, hogging the HOV lane, discounts on tolls, preferred parking and rebates from electricity companies.

(In other words its ALL LIE-beral bribery- buying the votes of their ALLIES!)

The seventh was an exemption from emission testing. “If you don’t have emissions, why be tested?” Fair enough. But those sofa-sized batteries cannot be recycled forever and they will take up a lot of space in landfill sites.

(And considering how much of our electrical system is now powered by nuclear- that is NOT as clean as claimed; and by natural gas- which is cleaner than coal but IS STILL a fossil fuel; we can see that electric Toy cars are NOT ZERO EMISSION! And of course Lithium is wildy toxic and there are already LOUD complaints regarding the toxic plumes of dust blowing from sites where Lithium is mined or refined into batteries!)

(And there is also the option of being INCINERATED after a car crash! If a Lithium battery case is cracked- the Lithium will INSTANTLY burst into flames that CANNOT be extinguished by any fire extinguisher currently carried by our Fire Depts!)

Their eighth point was performance — a quieter engine with high torque. Those are customer benefits, not societal benefits, so again, government should not favour it.

(LIE-berals want to tell us HIGHER TORQUE- meaning FASTER ACCELERATION is a good thing- even in Toronto where there are talks under way about REDUCING speed limits to give pedestrians a fighting chance to get across busy streets without being maimed or killed!)

Number nine was that EVs would help reduce America’s dependence on foreign oil. If they just tried a bit harder in the U.S.A., and activists in Canada stopped being so irresponsible, they could get “ethical oil” from Canada.

(The truly easy way to clean up our environment would be to cut back on gravy for Hogs so they would fly in filthy airplanes less often! Airplanes are ROUTINELY being named as the single largest driver of air pollution and global warming! In the 9 months after the 9/11 terror attack- fully 25 percent of the world air fleet was GROUNDED and there was measurable improvement in air quality! But cutting back on Hog gravy will NEVER FLY with vote buying LIE-berals- for them it is easier to destroy our economy and our lives with vote buying SCAMS than it would be to blame Hogs for anything!)

So out of 10 reasons a supporter of EVs could muster, only one was air quality.

The Guardian reports: “Charging an electric car for 100 miles of travel could use about 30kw — roughly the same amount of energy an average U.S. home uses in just over a day.”

Factoring in manufacturing and the battery, The Guardian says experts disagree on whether the EV is as environmentally friendly as supporters claim.

(LIE-berals will immediately jump in and whine “this is why we need more mouldy green energy- while ignoring reality- that winds are calmer at night and the sun aint shining then either - meaning that since the vast majority of electric TOY cars will be charged overnight- they CANNOT use mouldy green LIE-beral power!)

The answer to my caller’s tax issue is not favouritism to her auto choice, it is efficient government. Premier Doug Ford is on the right track so far.

(ALL LIE-beral policy is failing! It is collapsing due to the poisoned nature of LIE-beral ideas and values! They want to BUY the votes of just enough special interest groups so that LIE-berals can cling to power while bankrupting ordinary Cdns to pay for the ENDLESS Hog entitlements! Hogs have decided that since LIE-berals will not pay them the pensions they feel they deserve- then an adequate substitute would be for LIE-berals to supply their privileged supporters with CHEAP electric TOY CARS!)