Democrats: Today & of the Future

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
GOP-appointed Michigan justice says she was intimidated, shunned for anti-gerrymandering decision
One of the Republican-appointed Michigan Supreme Court justices who voted in favor allowing the anti-gerrymandering Proposal 2 on the Nov. 6 ballot says she was bullied by "outside interests" before her decision and shunned by the GOP afterward. The court was split on a 4-3 vote.
Michigan Supreme Court Justice Elizabeth Clement made the revelations to The Detroit News in an article published Monday, saying there has "absolutely been an effort at bullying and intimidation" to influence her decision. (Somewhat ominously, she declined to identify exactly what these "outside interests" were.) Justice David Viviano, another Republican-appointed justice who also sided with Clement on the anti-gerrymandering decision, said it was a breach of legal protocol to use such tactics on a member of the court while a case was being decided.
"I would hope that people would look at me as an example and have faith in the judicial system that we stand up to it," Clement told the paper. "I swore an oath to the people, not to special interests to do their will. ... People expect that we won’t be swayed or intimidated by outside groups."
This is significant because gerrymandering in Michigan — or the undemocratic rigging of legislative districts by redrawing maps in such a way so as to pick winners and losers — is owned by Republicans, who redrew the maps in 2010. Emails obtained by Bridge Magazine indicate Republicans actively re-drew the maps to favor their party and disadvantage "Dem garbage."

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hit...unned-by-gop-for-anti-gerrymandering-decision

My question to Democrats is, why whine about it now rather than take constructive action to reverse it?

As always, the prefer to whine rather than to fight back.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Worthy menaces to fight?

The republicans are running amok. The national debt is out of control

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The guy who is consumed with hate for anyone or anything left of Attila the Hun points fingers... hmmm.
Funny how right wing commentators were silent when the Tea Baggers were spewing hate for Obama and creating mischievous treason such as this:

note the Pharisaical church in the background

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Funny how right wing commentators were silent when the Tea Baggers were spewing hate for Obama and creating mischievous treason such as this:

note the Pharisaical church in the background
But no hate in you , right ? I mean is it not hateful to call people Tea Baggers ?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
But no hate in you , right ? I mean is it not hateful to call people Tea Baggers ?
Therefore silence on right wing hate.

Looking forward to your Chicken/egg solution.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Rand Paul's wife pens letter to Booker following protests, threats against husband

The wife of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Wednesday penned an open letter directed at Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), appearing to blame the Democrat for the threats and protests her husband has faced this week.
Kelley Paul wrote in an op-ed published on CNN that her husband was "besieged at the airport by activists." She indicated that they shouted at the senator, stuck their middle fingers in his face and prevented him from moving to his destination.
She wrote that the protesters had heeded Booker's advice from July in which he urged a nonprofit group in Washington, D.C., to "get up in the face of some congresspeople" rather than being passive about issues they care about.
"I would call on you to retract your statement," Kelley Paul wrote Wednesday. "I would call on you to condemn violence, the leaking of elected officials' personal addresses (our address was leaked from a Senate directory given only to senators), and the intimidation and threats that are being hurled at them and their families."
Kelley Paul appealed to Booker's sense of bipartisanship, noting that the Democrat worked with her husband on criminal justice reform bills.
Booker's office suggested Wednesday night that "right-wing" outlets had taken his remarks out of context.
"If you listen to more than a deceptively-edited 18-second clip of the speech Ms. Paul references, Senator Booker's enduring commitment to decency is clear," spokesperson Jeff Giertz said.
"Senator Booker actually says - to a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to ending homelessness - to 'get up in the face of some congresspeople and tell them about common sense solutions' that address this problem and 'I don't want to hate anybody, because I know the truth,'" Giertz continued. "To think Senator Booker is somehow urging violent confrontation with these words requires you to ignore all context."
Booker's comments from July drew intense attention among conservatives, as they came a short time after Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) stirred controversy for urging her supporters to confront Trump administration officials in public spaces.
Amid backlash against Waters's comments, Booker called for protesters to "lead with love" when confronting officials.
Rand Paul has endured violence and threats over the course of the last 18 months, his wife noted. The Kentucky senator was present at a congressional baseball practice last year when a gunman opened fire, seriously wounding Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.).
The Pauls' neighbor was sentenced to 30 days in prison earlier this year after he assaulted Rand Paul in their yard. The senator suffered six broken ribs in the attack, and an x-ray found fluid buildup around his lungs.
Kelley Paul has been critical of media coverage of the incident, noting that some mocked her husband.
Kelley Paul wrote Wednesday that law enforcement conducts additional patrols around her house, and she keeps a loaded gun near her bed as a result of the threats against her husband.
Protesters and progressive activists have confronted several Republican senators in recent days as they travel through airports and other public spaces in an effort to plead with them to oppose Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) earlier Wednesday slammed the protests as "intimidation tactics" that he vowed would not prevent a vote on Kavanaugh.

I didn't mean tophysically confront the GOP Senators I just meant to confront them Lol

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Republicans play for keeps. Not the Democrats. Democrats are into what is politically correct and forgive and forget. Not the Republicans ..... Republicans take hostages .....

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well...That sure explains why Kavanaugh's children will be scarred for ever by the recent events the dumbocrats just put them through.

... and all that from the party that thought 500,000 children, in Iraq who died of sanctions were
"worth it!"

By gol in heck, I don't think there should be any forgive and forgets for the "demonic" crazoids!

Say...I wonder if Burnie will ever forgive Hillary for stealing the nomination away from him in the primaries, and if Hillary will ever forgive EVERYONE for costing her the last selection.

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Well...That sure explains why Kavanaugh's children will be scarred for ever by the recent events the dumbocrats just put them through.

Literally nothing as compared to what is coming.