Ontario was right to eliminate electric car subsidies

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Truck mounted gasoline gennys.

Nice. That'll get you back to your 20hr charger when you leaf dies after 45km in winter.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
nope to gas gennys.

those are solid state rechargers, shit for brains

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
its that time again

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nice article. Did you read it?

all plug-in electric cars currently sold come with an adapter to connect your EV to a 120 Volt household outlet

Many EV owners opt for a faster charging option, a 240-volt service. It requires the purchase and installation of an Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) control that connects to your EV. This uses a dedicated 240-volt household electrical circuit, the same used by your dryer or oven.
An electrician should be consulted to determine what's required to install a Level 2 charging station at your home. BC Hydro has identified qualified electricians who have successfully completed training specific to electric vehicles and charging station infrastructure. Find a qualified electrician via our Alliance referral form.
No accessories, no plug in.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It's a moot point now as the subsidy has ended for all electric vehicles last week. Telsa was suing because it singled them out as they did not have dealers and the law extended the subsidy of the dealers into September. So I suspect the Ontario taxpayer will be forced to pay for those rich assholes who bought their expensive toys during August and September .... assuming Tesla was actually able to deliver it to them as they would have had to take possession before the deadline. And we know how shitty Tesla is at meeting any type of timetable. We should call them the Bombardier of electric vehicles.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
you said you could not charge an EV from "just any socket"

you were wrong

The fact that you can't admit you were wrong is pretty much what I would expect from a not very bright guy trying to make a not very good argument.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Wakie wakie hands off snakie.
You are dreaming if you think it's ANY outlet.
Like phones and tools, plugs batteries chargers and accessories are proprietary and are 240V and up.
Without accessories. No direct plug in.

Please learn to read.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
In real life you only see electric forklifts in parking lots and never far from the tap. They do a fine job indoors. It's gas and diesel everywhere else. I love a "Reach" truck - they are a work of art to drive well...and you can really move stuff around with one of those.

Electric public transit forks fine.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Park the busses and just give everybody a bumper car.
The part about bikes that are limited to 30k being dree from insurance and regestration and a drivers should not be lost as part of the exp[wense of 'driving'. Especially now that DIY repairs are pretty much a thing of the past. Now they just need to be made smart enough that the brakes lock up before the wheel comes off.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Of course. If you learn to read I've quoted myself 3 times mentioning necessity of purchasing accessories.

How did you miss all 4?