Vaping Epidemic

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
FDA declares youth vaping an epidemic, announces investigation, new enforcement

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-cigarettes-epidemic-enforcement/1266923002/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ah, looking for their cut eh?
;)
It is certain the negative publicity will surely turn vaping into an epidemic...like the lung cancer pictures on tobacco products and "negative" advertising have already been shown to do.

Also much like the skulls in the ice cubes in the liquor ads in old magazines.

PS
Boy, the FDA sure screwed up in opiates and caused the current INSANE addiction rates though didn't they?

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Ah, looking for their cut eh?
;)
It is certain the negative publicity will surely turn vaping into an epidemic...like the lung cancer pictures on tobacco products and "negative" advertising have already been shown to do.
Also much like the skulls in the ice cubes in the liquor ads in old magazines.
PS
Boy, the FDA sure screwed up in opiates and caused the current INSANE addiction rates though didn't they?
Only the approved opiates which they and the quacks get a cut for selling. Bring your own in and it's three hots and a cot for you.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
FDA declares youth vaping an epidemic, announces investigation, new enforcement
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...e-cigarettes-epidemic-enforcement/1266923002/

Apparently vaping is less harmful to health than smoking. With that in mind, it might make sense to ban tobacco altogether.

Any vaping juice that contains even the smallest trace of nicotine should be strictly regulated. Any business that produces or sells any nicotine product for recreational consumption should not be allowed to advertise not only its product but even itself, even on its store-front window, except on an approved website on which to advertise addictive products and services.

We should also establish a self-exclusion list for vaping products similar to Singapore's for gambling. To enter a shop that sells nicotine products, you should need to scan your ID card and fingerprint. If you're on the self-exclusion list, you shouldn't even be allowed in. That would ensure that only those who want to buy a nicotine product could enter.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Apparently vaping is less harmful to health than smoking. With that in mind, it might make sense to ban tobacco altogether.
Any vaping juice that contains even the smallest trace of nicotine should be strictly regulated. Any business that produces or sells any nicotine product for recreational consumption should not be allowed to advertise not only its product but even itself, even on its store-front window, except on an approved website on which to advertise addictive products and services.
We should also establish a self-exclusion list for vaping products similar to Singapore's for gambling. To enter a shop that sells nicotine products, you should need to scan your ID card and fingerprint. If you're on the self-exclusion list, you shouldn't even be allowed in. That would ensure that only those who want to buy a nicotine product could enter.
You should get a grip on reality.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No advertising and blacked out windows in existence have sent the the Naive Unifier off on another pointless rant.

Sobeys liquor flyers must burn his eyes?

hunterclail1221

Aug 6, 2018

I'm not sure you the strict regulations on nicotine content would go. It might be almost close to impossible with tons of sites young people easily access nowadays. Just a quick search on Google can exactly tell them where are how to buy (like this site with tips about buying older models for cheap and buying vaping gears from CHINA). What I hate most about that is the danger those poorly made cheap ones bring (ever heard of exploding e-cigs?). Yikes

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
What bothers me is these vaping companies are producing cotton-candy, rootbeer and vanilla flavouring...etc... to attract young kids to the product.

Apparently a lot of High Schoolers are experimenting with vaping now.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Another generation of our young are ensnared by the Tobacco Industry.

Evil really does exist.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
So much steam comes out of those vaping pipes, I keep half expecting a Genie to appear!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
What bothers me is these vaping companies are producing cotton-candy, rootbeer and vanilla flavouring...etc... to attract young kids to the product.

I experimented with whiskey in high school.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The same flavours as booze but I dont get a Sobeys or Superstore Vape flyer every week. Go figure.