Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I started operating the tractor at 10 years old, shoveling grain into semi guarded augers, mix mills, Dad stressed safety and pointed out hazards I still have 10 fingers and 10 toes, oh by the way he was my firearm safety trainer along with a few of my buddies fathers. It's all in the upbringing, education and respect of handling dangerous situations and weapons, the same things I try to install into my 3 kids, my 2 daughters love hunting my boy loves hunting and trapping why do you want to take this away from them?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I started operating the tractor at 10 years old, shoveling grain into semi guarded augers, mix mills, Dad stressed safety and pointed out hazards I still have 10 fingers and 10 toes, oh by the way he was my firearm safety trainer along with a few of my buddies fathers. It's all in the upbringing, education and respect of handling dangerous situations and weapons, the same things I try to install into my 3 kids, my 2 daughters love hunting my boy loves hunting and trapping why do you want to take this away from them?

Yes, this!

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
And I have seen many without all their digits. I have seen youngster lose more than their limbs by removing the safety guards. The power take-offs on many tractors removed not just limbs but lives. Not just children. I had one young man throw his father;s arm on the floor beside me while saying on the fly that the ambulance would arrive momentarily with the rest of him. He was working with an auger too.

Your business if you feel children should learn the hard way. Here on this farm all safety shields were always in place!

As far as hunting and guns are concerned ........I am in accord (for the ?20 or 30th time) with Canada's gun laws and understand there will always be those who abject to whatever restraints put on the use of firearms are concerned. Please let me know why you object to protecting children from getting injured, mained or killed by removing safety shields on dangerousl machinery or from accidentally injuring themselves or others with a firearm. It is like a red flag to some.

Is it an assault on one"s massculinity or is it a secret wish to be rid of a pesky child or two?

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Children are always around dangerous things. You need to be a better mother and watch out for them instead of looking to the government to solve your problems.
Sorry James but in my world children are children and we protected them from deadly machinery and kept the shields in place. I am not aware of any laws against removing them. But then farm machinery, carpentry or even washing machines were not invented specifically to kill were they?

To even suggest one should allow anyone to handle a firearm without taking into account the age, mental status or capability is a stupid But then there are many careless and stupid people around. If one wants a reasonably sane and sensible world one does need laws. That is what civilization means

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
When I had a riffle many years ago , it was never considered a weapon .
Yes and I am sure the cavemen after discovering fire, never considered a hunk of wood a weapon either.......so what does that prove! That mankind will always settle disputes with force?.........because that way leads to destruction of the human race doesn't it?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So....... Mine survived and with prothesis got to raise his 5 small children. The difference between yours and mine is, I saw the results. Were you with first responders or the Police. It focuses the mind somewhat on what can happen!! It does make it clear that children should not be around dangerous things. Certainly wouldn't recomend anyone under the age of 18 to take that job!! After all young boys, especially have not got enough brain maturity to foresee the consequences of rash or quick actions. (Mostly due to testoserone) So why take the chance.

Go to your library and check out the book "Three Against the Wilderness" by Eric Collier. It will demonstrate to you what a young boy as young as five is capable of doing. The past two generations have lost a lot of that and it's sad because about 80% of a person's USEFUL potential is gone now due to things like Smart Phones and Video Games. It's sad when you think that about 50% of a kid's time is wasted in useless inane conversations with someone just as uneducated and dysfunctional as they are!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
And I have seen many without all their digits. I have seen youngster lose more than their limbs by removing the safety guards. The power take-offs on many tractors removed not just limbs but lives. Not just children. I had one young man throw his father;s arm on the floor beside me while saying on the fly that the ambulance would arrive momentarily with the rest of him. He was working with an auger too.
Your business if you feel children should learn the hard way. Here on this farm all safety shields were always in place!
As far as hunting and guns are concerned ........I am in accord (for the ?20 or 30th time) with Canada's gun laws and understand there will always be those who abject to whatever restraints put on the use of firearms are concerned. Please let me know why you object to protecting children from getting injured, mained or killed by removing safety shields on dangerousl machinery or from accidentally injuring themselves or others with a firearm. It is like a red flag to some.
Is it an assault on one"s massculinity or is it a secret wish to be rid of a pesky child or two?

You got me confused? Somehow you figured I was taking guards off and not following the safest practice for the task at hand and equated my limbs and that of my whole family's limbs all intact as something haphazard on the way we do things. This discussion is going nowhere with you so I'm tapping out

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Sorry James but in my world children are children and we protected them from deadly machinery and kept the shields in place. I am not aware of any laws against removing them. But then farm machinery, carpentry or even washing machines were not invented specifically to kill were they?
To even suggest one should allow anyone to handle a firearm without taking into account the age, mental status or capability is a stupid But then there are many careless and stupid people around. If one wants a reasonably sane and sensible world one does need laws. That is what civilization means

This is too funny.

You have backed off and stated that you support good parenting and no government bans. And you are smug enough to think that you can convince us that this has always been your stance.

Do you realize that you have affectively retreated to the status quo? You can hardly sit there a demand change then retreat to the status quo, it undermines everything you have said.

Thanks for showing up, bluebyrd. LOL

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Go to your library and check out the book "Three Against the Wilderness" by Eric Collier. It will demonstrate to you what a young boy as young as five is capable of doing. The past two generations have lost a lot of that and it's sad because about 80% of a person's USEFUL potential is gone now due to things like Smart Phones and Video Games. It's sad when you think that about 50% of a kid's time is wasted in useless inane conversations with someone just as uneducated and dysfunctional as they are!
Well hooray .......I guess the woman in this family was just unlucky then.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-his-mom-at-wal-mart/?utm_term=.e223ce105daa

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
This is too funny.

You have backed off and stated that you support good parenting and no government bans. And you are smug enough to think that you can convince us that this has always been your stance.

Do you realize that you have affectively retreated to the status quo? You can hardly sit there a demand change then retreat to the status quo, it undermines everything you have said.

Thanks for showing up, bluebyrd. LOL
The laugh is on you bud........my stance has never changed. What intelligent person does;t support good parenting. AND if you spent less time in whinning about how terribly the government is on all those who do not feel protected without the backup of a gun and actually read what I write, you wouldn't always be putting your both feet in your mouth at the same time.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
You got me confused? Somehow you figured I was taking guards off and not following the safest practice for the task at hand and equated my limbs and that of my whole family's limbs all intact as something haphazard on the way we do things. This discussion is going nowhere with you so I'm tapping out
Did you not post this? "I started operating the tractor at 10 years old, shoveling grain into semi guarded augers"?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes and I am sure the cavemen after discovering fire, never considered a hunk of wood a weapon either.......so what does that prove! That mankind will always settle disputes with force?.........because that way leads to destruction of the human race doesn't it?
I had many fights , disputes , and down right disagreement’s , yet never considered my gun as either a weapon or a means of discourse .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The laugh is on you bud........my stance has never changed. What intelligent person does;t support good parenting. AND if you spent less time in whinning about how terribly the government is on all those who do not feel protected without the backup of a gun and actually read what I write, you wouldn't always be putting your both feet in your mouth at the same time.
In your vast experience as an emergency room nurse , what percentage of the population will meet your definition of intelligence ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Did you not post this? "I started operating the tractor at 10 years old, shoveling grain into semi guarded augers"?
Yet you are still alive and willing to stop future generations from having the same experiences .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Yep old augers were semi guarded just coming out of the open faced auger age, not screened like they are today, still has nothing to do with not using the safest practice to work with them.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Yet you are still alive and willing to stop future generations from having the same experiences .
So what are you saying here??? That since you never used your gun in anger against another, every human no matter the circumstances should be free to discover if they are as strong or lucky???

By the way .....you do realize that I was not working with a partially shielded auger at.10 yrs. Go back and read the posts again. As for wanting to take away experiences that can and have resulted in death or maiming ........YES !!!! How would you feel if it was your child that died or was permanently crippled because they should be allowed the experience!! AAAWWWKKK!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So what are you saying here??? That since you never used your gun in anger against another, every human no matter the circumstances should be free to discover if they are as strong or lucky???

By the way .....you do realize that I was not working with a partially shielded auger at.10 yrs. Go back and read the posts again. As for wanting to take away experiences that can and have resulted in death or maiming ........YES !!!! How would you feel if it was your child that died or was permanently crippled because they should be allowed the experience!! AAAWWWKKK!!!
Yes keep them in a bubble , make them afraid to step out doors .That will prepare them for adulthood .

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Yep old augers were semi guarded just coming out of the open faced auger age, not screened like they are today, still has nothing to do with not using the safest practice to work with them.
Yes I understand since I also witnessed the evolution. That is the point though......it is not about removing access but making that access ithe safest possible for all concerned while not removing labour saving devices/machinery or sporting items. (firearms and fireworks)