Trudeau popularity as Prime Minister keeps surging

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Trudeau popularity as Prime Minister keeps surging

Preferred Prime Minister – Nanos tracking as to who Canadians would prefer as Prime Minister has Trudeau still climbing on this measure and is currently at 46.6%, followed by former Conservative leader Harper at 21.8%, Mulcair at 13.8%, May at 5.2%, and 11.1% were unsure. Readers should note that Interim Conservative Leader Ambrose was added to the Nanos tracking this week.

Qualities of a Good Political Leader – Seven of ten Canadians thought Trudeau had the qualities of a good political leader a record high for Trudeau, or any leader in the Nanos tracking while 55.2% of Canadians thought similarly of Mulcair. Harper was at 49.2% of Canadians and May at 36.2%. This is based on a series of independent questions for each party leader.

..more..

Trudeau popularity as Prime Minister keeps surging | National Newswatch

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
IF dwama queen and fancy hair cut are qualities to be desired in a PM then trudowe wins. However on the important issues like the economy and trade he is right down there with ellimay.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What does popularity days into a term, have to do with economics?

JT needs a Nobel like Obama.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Why do people think Harper and Co were so good for the economy?

Deficits and recessions...that's a sign of success?

And now that Trudeau is at the helm, can we expect the global economy to turn on a dime and nothing but sunshine, roses and the smell of cinnamon buns will prevail or will your mantra be Trudeau inherited a mess and he can't control the global economy?

.... Yeah, I kinda figured that the defenders will be at the ready with a never-ending arsenal of excuses

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Why do people think Harper and Co were so good for the economy?

Deficits and recessions...that's a sign of success?

And a bloated housing market, falling loonie, massive trade deficits, zero tax cuts and a dependence on oil.

Clearly, he was the Economic Messiah.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Not so poopular no more.

Uh oh...

PM’s pipeline and climate polices have failed

First, imposing a national, mandatory carbon price (read tax) on Canadians has not, as promised, given the federal government the moral authority (read social licence), or for that matter the legal authority, to build a single pipeline.

Second, the carbon price Trudeau imposed on us — even if every province supported it — will fail to meet Canada’s commitments to the United Nations to lower our industrial greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions linked to man-made climate change.

Third, the huge discount Canadian oil sells for because of our inability to get our land-locked oil resources in Alberta and Saskatchewan to global markets, due to the lack of pipelines, means our economy is losing over $10 billion annually, money that was supposed to help us transition to a low-carbon economy.

Confidence in Trudeau's handling of immigration is gone

Sunny ways??
Trudeau gathers his caucus in Saskatoon as political storm clouds gather

Nope.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I have little doubt that Ford being Premier of Ontario has boosted Trudeau's popularity. Traditionally when Ontario goes Conservative. Canada goes Liberal.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I have little doubt that Ford being Premier of Ontario has boosted Trudeau's popularity. Traditionally when Ontario goes Conservative. Canada goes Liberal.

Given Trudeau's many blunders, up to and including buying a pipeline that may never get built, I'd say that there will be a lot to answer for on election day. Highlights, Khadr, NAFTA, TM Pipeline, then there's the India Gong Show and the Saudi Arabia spat. And we've had huge job losses here in Canada. He has more F's on his report card than I care to post here.

All he can do now is sell our souls to Trump in a bid to save something in NAFTA.

justlooking

Council Member
May 19, 2017
Given Trudeau's many blunders, up to and including buying a pipeline that may never get built, I'd say that there will be a lot to answer for on election day. Highlights, Khadr, NAFTA, TM Pipeline, then there's the India Gong Show and the Saudi Arabia spat. And we've had huge job losses here in Canada. He has more F's on his report card than I care to post here.

All he can do now is sell our souls to Trump in a bid to save something in NAFTA.

I predict he won't make a deal.

His SJW whining base would go ballistic over any attempt to agree anything with the Orange Meaner.
He would rather watch Canada burn, just to save a few political %%%.

Watch out for a fall election, complete with all kinds of utterly false patriotism from PM 'post national state',
and the leftist brigades who want Canada to die anyway.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I predict he won't make a deal.

His SJW whining base would go ballistic over any attempt to agree anything with the Orange Meaner.

He would rather watch Canada burn, just to save a few political %%%.

Watch out for a fall election, complete with all kinds of utterly false patriotism from PM 'post national state',and the leftist brigades who want Canada to die anyway.

There will be no deal...Liberals don't want a deal...period. They are using the conflict with Trump as a strategy, and have no problem sacrificing trade deals. Trudeau has already displayed an outward contempt for logic when it comes to strengthening our economy and trade into the future. He's finally figured out budgets don't balance themselves, but he doesn't give a shit, image and popularity is far more important to him than trade.

Iveson completely nailed it nailed it in his column yesterday.
Liberals eye potential electoral gains from 'taking on the tyrant' Trump

Has Chrystia Freeland given up hope of a renegotiated NAFTA deal and resolved instead to use opposition to Donald Trump in Canada to ramp up domestic support for the Liberals ahead of next year’s general election?

How else to explain her appearance at Monday’s Women in the World summit in Toronto, on a panel entitled Taking on the Tyrant?

Freeland continues to pay lip-service to the prospect of a deal — that it can be done, with good will and flexibility on all sides.

But how much good will is the notoriously ill-willed Trump likely to extend once he is informed that Canada’s global affairs minister sat on a stage while a video played comparing him to a rogue’s gallery of autocrats including Russia’s Vladimir Putin, Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Syria’s Bashar al-Assad?

--

Freeland is a freaking disaster, she is doing everything she possibly can to insult and poke Trump in the eye, while at the same time trying to work out an amicable trade deal between our two countries. It's hard to imagine someone being so clueless in the middle of a negotiation. There can be really only one of two possibilities...either she's a complete idiot and a fool, or this is intentional and she's purposefully trying to sabotage any hope at striking a fair deal.

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

You are assuming that Canadian voters actually pay attention to the news. And then there is the fact that Andrew Scheer isn't exactly the most exciting alternative. Me, I don't care. I don't vote for either party.