"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The 32nd Annual Treaty 4 Gathering & Pow Wow at Fort Qu'Appelle
runs from Sept 10th (today) through the 16th, so some of the Teepee's
will have come down to go out there.That's progress in a sort'a forthwith
manner.

https
://www.cjme.com/2018/09/10/removing-protestors-from-wascana-park-up-to-police-mayor/

The Regina’s mayor said there’s no doubt police have to abide
by the court order to remove protesters camping in Wascana Park.
A judge ruled in favour of the provincial government on Friday,
ordering the Justice for our Stolen Children camp to get out of the
park because they are breaking bylaws.

Protesters remained there over the weekend as they reviewed the decision.
As of Monday morning, 10 teepees remained on the west lawn of
Wascana Park. Camp supporters said three teepees were taken
down following the court order. The group is still taking time to
figure out their next move and will update the public later on Monday.

The rest of the article is at the LINK above. This is Monday evening
and I'm still looking for an update to the public...

Not enough bodies there to update the day count since Friday?

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sorry, just counted Teepee's in the pic above and there's 11, so
it's an old picture and predates the court ruling announcement.
Day 192 makes it Friday so can't claim it's obeying the court order
and claiming that the count is down from 15 since the announcement.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The 32nd Annual Treaty 4 Gathering & Pow Wow at Fort Qu'Appelle
runs from Sept 10th (today) through the 16th, so some of the Teepee's
will have come down to go out there.That's progress in a sort'a forthwith
manner.

www.cjme.com/2018/09/10/removing-protestors-from-wascana-park-up-to-police-mayor/

The Regina’s mayor said there’s no doubt police have to abide
by the court order to remove protesters camping in Wascana Park.
A judge ruled in favour of the provincial government on Friday,
ordering the Justice for our Stolen Children camp to get out of the
park because they are breaking bylaws.

Protesters remained there over the weekend as they reviewed the decision.
As of Monday morning, 10 teepees remained on the west lawn of
Wascana Park. Camp supporters said three teepees were taken
down following the court order. The group is still taking time to
figure out their next move and will update the public later on Monday.

The rest of the article is at the LINK above. This is Monday evening
and I'm still looking for an update to the public...

Not enough bodies there to update the day count since Friday?

“It shows the province’s true colours and how they feel about First Nation children and communities,” she said."

What it shows is that there still is such a thing as the rule of law in Saskatchewan. And, that weenie of a police chief in Regina better get off his lazy frickin' behind and get the job done - pronto.

"Robyn Pitawanakwat, a spokeswoman for the camp, said protesters are still undecided about where to go from here."

Right, like they don't already have plans to meet up with their buds at the Pow Wow.

"Pitawanakwat said spirits are good at the camp and people have been united since the court order. She wants the focus to be on issues they’ve brought forward, rather than bylaws and permissions."

Well best they start paying attention to bylaws and permissions and court orders lest they want their sorry butts dragged off the land.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Very good point, TM.

Sorry for the Red it was suppose to be a Green

Parents raise concerns over switch from French to Cree in some Regina public schools

Rosemont Community School in Regina is the latest elementary school to swap out core French for Cree, but some parents say they were never consulted and now their only option is to transfer schools.
"There are a lot of people who showed up on the first day of school and found out there's no French and then they're kind of left in this thing 'Well, where do we transfer our kids part way through the year, what exactly do we do?'" parent Katie Boulanger said. "We've essentially been told if we don't like it we need to leave."

It's a move made by Regina Public Schools to offer students Cree instead of core French as part of Indigenous Studies. Currently, six elementary schools in the city have made the switch.
"What we're hearing from parents and communities is to take advantage of the realities of our city, the reality of Treaty 4," supervisor of communications for Regina public schools, Terry Lazarou said. "We're all on Treaty 4 land. Give students the options to learn about stuff that they haven't had the chance to learn about before."
According to the school board, core French is not a requirement in schools, although it admits parents were not given proper consultation.

"Is it an ideal situation? No it's not. We always like to consult with parents but in this case we moved for the benefit of the school community," Lazarou said. "We had the opportunity of making use of an exception Indigenous studies teacher and we moved very quickly on that to offer it for the 2018-19 school year."

But Boulanger is concerned her daughters will fall behind or lose their basic understanding of the French language, something she wants them to learn throughout their life.
"I'm worried that it's going to delay them in the future if they decide to take French classes in high school or if anything happens and we end up moving or transferring to a different neighbourhood," Boulanger said.
Even though French is an official language in Canada, according to Cree language instructor Darren Okemaysim, Cree is the most commonly spoken Indigenous language in the country.
Some schools in Saskatoon have also made the switch with four out of 20 elementary schools in the city offering Cree instead of core French.
Although there are currently no plans for other schools in Regina to do the same, Boulanger says students shouldn't be limited.
"I think Indigenous studies is amazing and we are really lucky to have it in our curriculum and I almost think of it as a different subject it shouldn't be either or."

Why are SJW's trying to rewrite history? I don't recall a land dispute over Pile "O" Bones, Treaty was signed they are in Treaty 4 district not on Treaty 4 land. The last decade or so Bands started buying land around Regina and claiming Urban Reserve status is this what they are referring too?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Teepees start to come down in Regina at legislature

REGINA - Teepees are starting to come down at an Indigenous protest camp on the grounds of the Saskatchewan legislature, but what the protesters do in the future remains unknown.
On Friday, a judge ordered that the Justice For Our Stolen Children Camp be dismantled after the government applied for a court-ordered eviction.
There had been 15 teepees in the camp at one point, but that number was down to 10 by Monday morning. At least two of the teepees came down after the court order, while others were taken down for the annual Treaty 4 Gathering in Fort Qu'Appelle, Sask.
Regina police spokeswoman Elizabeth Popowich said the department was in talks with the province and protesters.
"The chief has said he expects a resolution in the near future," Popowich said in an emailed statement.
No deadline was specified in Justice Ysanne Wilkinson's order to take the camp down.

Protester Richelle Dubois said it's disheartening to see the number of teepees shrink.
"It shows the province's true colours and how they feel about First Nation children and communities," she said.
The campers have been protesting racial injustice and the disproportionate number of Indigenous children in care since late February.
Robyn Pitawanakwat, a spokeswoman for the camp, said protesters are still undecided about where to go from here.
Protesters held several meetings over the weekend to discuss their options.
"We're hopeful, hopeful that there's still a future for our cause and there's still a future for our children and our children still matter," Dubois said.
Lawyer Dan LeBlanc, who represents the protesters, wasn't immediately available for comment. A spokesperson for the provincial government declined to comment further on the future of the camp.
Pitawanakwat said spirits are good at the camp and people have been united since the court order. She wants the focus to be on issues they've brought forward, rather than bylaws and permissions.

Isn't forthwith a Timeline?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
“It shows the province’s true colours and how they feel about First Nation children and communities,” she said."
What it shows is that there still is such a thing as the rule of law in Saskatchewan. And, that weenie of a police chief in Regina better get off his lazy frickin' behind and get the job done - pronto.
"Robyn Pitawanakwat, a spokeswoman for the camp, said protesters are still undecided about where to go from here."
Right, like they don't already have plans to meet up with their buds at the Pow Wow.
"Pitawanakwat said spirits are good at the camp and people have been united since the court order. She wants the focus to be on issues they’ve brought forward, rather than bylaws and permissions."
Well best they start paying attention to bylaws and permissions and court orders lest they want their sorry butts dragged off the land.

Maybe they are trying to negotiate a TeePee to stay standing as an Embassy for Nation to Nation negotiations :)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Sorry for the Red it was suppose to be a Green

Parents raise concerns over switch from French to Cree in some Regina public schools

Why are SJW's trying to rewrite history? I don't recall a land dispute over Pile "O" Bones, Treaty was signed they are in Treaty 4 district not on Treaty 4 land. The last decade or so Bands started buying land around Regina and claiming Urban Reserve status is this what they are referring too?

Welcome to the brave new world of PC politics, TM. There is an article on Huff Post about the need to teach native kids their own language - whatever that language may be - and of course it demands that funds be provided for such. The overwhelming majority of responses are negative, mine along with them. Most of the responses point out the fact that learning a native language is hardly a useful tool in getting a decent job. Others point out the fact that immigrants of other nationalities have had no problem keeping their language alive without a cent of government funding. The article itself states that kids aren't interested in learning their language.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Indian time. Last minute or late.

Or as I am witnessing as I watch the MMWI, confusion, obfuscation, veering wildly off-topic, inability to concentrate on the question before them without falling back on complaints of residential school trauma, etc etc etc.

Is it little wonder treaty negotiations have dragged on so long now when some natives simply do have the ability to address what is before them in a timely and succinct manner.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I tell you, the Wascana Authority really should have turned on the
sprinklers on that one day in June when they could have, between the police arresting (but not charging) a few of the irregular campers, and the camp being up and running again in that 36 hour window in June.

A water bomber would have done a fine job of putting paid to the camp, Ron - better yet drop some fire retardant on them. ;-)

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Welcome to the brave new world of PC politics, TM. There is an article on Huff Post about the need to teach native kids their own language - whatever that language may be - and of course it demands that funds be provided for such. The overwhelming majority of responses are negative, mine along with them. Most of the responses point out the fact that learning a native language is hardly a useful tool in getting a decent job. Others point out the fact that immigrants of other nationalities have had no problem keeping their language alive without a cent of government funding. The article itself states that kids aren't interested in learning their language.

Red Apple extremists from the 70's are starting to win out in Res. politics and starting to pay dividends on what they were promising. Our pussy courts can't help but inject themselves into what should be a simple contract dispute over treaties, showing how whitey can be held to written history while giving a great deal of latitude on Oral history. Sometimes one wonders how things would have turned out if Custer would have waited for back up or the NWMP turned a blind eye to the 49th parallel for a few years. J/K on the last sentence it is what it is, we have to come together as Canadian's before this Nation to Nation B.S. bankrupts us all.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Red Apple extremists from the 70's are starting to win out in Res. politics and starting to pay dividends on what they were promising. Our pussy courts can't help but inject themselves into what should be a simple contract dispute over treaties, showing how whitey can be held to written history while giving a great deal of latitude on Oral history. Sometimes one wonders how things would have turned out if Custer would have waited for back up or the NWMP turned a blind eye to the 49th parallel for a few years. J/K on the last sentence it is what it is, we have to come together as Canadian's before this Nation to Nation B.S. bankrupts us all.

Or they simply stood aside and allowed American trappers to continue crossing the border at will to keep feeding the natives alcohol and giving them infected blankets. There are many 'what ifs' TM but as you say 'it is what it is' and we have to find some accommodation with the natives we are dealing with today. One thing is certain, a change in government will most certainly mean an end to phony tears and endless apologies that are all but meaningless unless, like the activist types keep demanding - they are tied to some form of pay-out. It is little wonder those types are taking full advantage of the wimp in the PM's seat for their fortunes will change quickly once he and his SJW crew are finally driven from the seat of power.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
A water bomber would have done a fine job of putting paid to the camp, Ron - better yet drop some fire retardant on them. ;-)

I meant that that Wascana Park is a beautifully lawned urban
wonder of green lushness except for that handful of acres that
the irregular campers are on which is just nasty. It needed that
24 or 36 hours of running the sprinklers full blast to try to bring
that piece of the park back to life like the rest of the Park. It was
a lost opportunity to try and salvage that area's park-like feel.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If Google Earth was current, you would see that
blemish from space. The "Keepers of the Earth"
did a piss poor job on this one, and we'll all pay
for this rehab to bring it back to where it was
pre-irregular campers.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I meant that that Wascana Park is a beautifully lawned urban
wonder of green lushness except for that handful of acres that
the irregular campers are on which is just nasty. It needed that
24 or 36 hours of running the sprinklers full blast to try to bring
that piece of the park back to life like the rest of the Park. It was
a lost opportunity to try and salvage that area's park-like feel.

When I was a kid growing up on a farm just outside Regina, my parents would often take my sisters and I to Wascana Park, Ron. We'd make a day of it and would always visit the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. We swam in the lake and in the public pool. In my teens, I played tennis on the courts behind the Legislative Bldg. I was there the day they unveiled the statue of Louis Riel. I spent more than a few nights' watching the submarines' with my boyfriend in Wascana Park. My Mum sent me the coffee table book that detailed the Big Dig and I also have the documentary that was done on the project. Regina can be justly proud of the Park and I can well understand your feelings about it.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
‘I am really upset:’ Video shows Trudeau meeting with Saskatchewan chiefs

LINK: https://www.cjme.com/2018/09/17/i-a...ows-trudeau-meeting-with-saskatchewan-chiefs/

SASKATOON — A video posted online shows Prime Minister
Justin Trudeau telling chiefs he is upset about how time was
managed in a recent meeting with the Federation of Sovereign
Indigenous Nations.

Trudeau met with the Saskatchewan chiefs when he was in
Saskatoon for the Liberal Party’s annual caucus retreat last
week.

In the video which is around four minutes long, Trudeau says
the plan was to meet with about eight people for an hour-long
meeting. But many other people showed up and there wasn’t
time for everyone to speak.

Trudeau told FSIN Chief Bobby Cameron — “I am really, really
upset” — and said the meeting is not in the spirit of reconciliation.
The Prime Minister’s Office says in a statement that Trudeau was
unable to get through all the issues put forward in the meeting but
looks forward to connecting with First Nations leaders in
Saskatchewan in the future.

The FSIN says they are aware of the video and are preparing a
response.

Justin, tell them "Forthwith!" Forthwith I tell's ya!!!

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
‘I am really upset:’ Video shows Trudeau meeting with Saskatchewan chiefs

LINK: https://www.cjme.com/2018/09/17/i-a...ows-trudeau-meeting-with-saskatchewan-chiefs/

SASKATOON — A video posted online shows Prime Minister
Justin Trudeau telling chiefs he is upset about how time was
managed in a recent meeting with the Federation of Sovereign
Indigenous Nations.

Trudeau met with the Saskatchewan chiefs when he was in
Saskatoon for the Liberal Party’s annual caucus retreat last
week.

In the video which is around four minutes long, Trudeau says
the plan was to meet with about eight people for an hour-long
meeting. But many other people showed up and there wasn’t
time for everyone to speak.

Trudeau told FSIN Chief Bobby Cameron — “I am really, really
upset” — and said the meeting is not in the spirit of reconciliation.
The Prime Minister’s Office says in a statement that Trudeau was
unable to get through all the issues put forward in the meeting but
looks forward to connecting with First Nations leaders in
Saskatchewan in the future.

The FSIN says they are aware of the video and are preparing a
response.

Justin, tell them "Forthwith!" Forthwith I tell's ya!!!

LOL............"The FSIN says they are aware of the video and are preparing a response." Well of course they are aware of it - one of them had to have taken it...........unless Trudeau had yet another turncoat in the room.