Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yep that's why First Canadians has a right to a PAL waiver, because there is a small percentage that can pass a PAL screening and they have a right to sustenance hunt.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Interesting case in Texas where police officer walks into a home they thought was their own and killed the person living there because they thought it was a home invader.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
How odd ....Illogical and emotional? .Geez imagine that!! considering I worked 30 years in a busy Emergency Department and never once lost my cool. I have seen things you couldn't even imagine. I have seen up close what you so casually dismiss as "NOT" a problem. To lose someone from an accident of any sort is terrible but to a gun or a bomb is in my opinion criminal, particularly if it is a child.

pgs.......Take up gangs & guns with James Bondo.....Apparently all this can be solved by proper parenting: Unfortunately, there are many Canadian parents who's children use others for target practice from quite an early age.

James I am a CANADIAN living in Quebec, Canada who owns a vacation home in the US. I was born here, brought up here, still living in the same farm house I moved into when I married. I have experienced both countries intimately over the years and Canada is still the best country by a landslide.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
How odd ....Illogical and emotional? .Geez imagine that!! considering I worked 30 years in a busy Emergency Department and never once lost my cool. I have seen things you couldn't even imagine. I have seen up close what you so casually dismiss as "NOT" a problem. To lose someone from an accident of any sort is terrible but to a gun or a bomb is in my opinion criminal, particularly if it is a child.

I don't believe you. Based on your past posts on this thread,I believe you are both a liar and a troll. And when you try to post seriously, you are a real light weight.

I am embarrassed for you. You are all over the place witb your rants. Whenever you slow down your thoughts and stay focused on just one point at a time, you tend to get your ass handed to you by people like colpy and tecumsehshoes.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

pgs.......Take up gangs & guns with James Bondo.....Apparently all this can be solved by proper parenting: Unfortunately, there are many Canadian parents who's children use others for target practice from quite an early age.

James I am a CANADIAN living in Quebec, Canada who owns a vacation home in the US. I was born here, brought up here, still living in the same farm house I moved into when I married. I have experienced both countries intimately over the years and Canada is still the best country by a landslide.
30 years in a busy emergency ward , must have been like a mash unit . What maybe 3gunshots in those 30years ? How many maimed bodies from drunken stupidity , domestically and on our highways ? I am sure guns were your worst problem .

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
30 years in a busy emergency ward , must have been like a mash unit . What maybe 3gunshots in those 30years ? How many maimed bodies from drunken stupidity , domestically and on our highways ? I am sure guns were your worst problem .

Nope. Bombs were her worst problem. It is absolutely rediculous that she has connected bombs to the venison on my family table. Clearly, she doesn't know a damn thing about deer hunting or my family.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Spiitbeer, from what I have abserved you are an avid Liberal hater WE KNOW THIS....so unless you post with an occasional source of your angst from a reasonable source I am not interested in your opinions and will continue to scroll post the small books you fill these pages with

========================================================================================================

PIty our poor foolish little bluebyrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She id a good little Soviet byrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She only recognizes posts coming from the Cdn version of Pravda- know locally as Toronto (RED) STAR!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead birdie- tell me what a racist and bigot I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because that is the ONLY RESPONSE LIE-berals are now capable of since ALL their policies are in disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your LIE-beral dictatorship is being dismantled right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Interesting case in Texas where police officer walks into a home they thought was their own and killed the person living there because they thought it was a home invader.

========================================================================================================

It is a graphic testimony to how out of control life is in United States that EVERYBODY is in such a tsate of fear that they shoot first and talk much later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect that if United States did succeed in banning guns- then there would be a very profitable gun smuggling operation set up in Mexico!!!!!!!!!!

AS we know from Colpy- there was even an illegal gun making business recently shut down in Britain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A gun is just an inert hunk of metal- it is the poisoned ideas of the person who wants to sue that gun that must be changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is poisoned LIE-beral policy that is promoting much of the gun violence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excusing criminals in exchange rforv votes as LIE-berals do is a VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article offering sound and timely advice! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Appeasing BLM will backfire.

First posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 07:02 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 07:09 PM EDT

The problem isn’t with Black Lives Matter. The problem is with Mayor John Tory and the majority of city councillors who are either terrified of standing up to its members, or who agree with their tactics. Black militancy is nothing new in Toronto. Before BLM, we had the Black Action Defence Committee.

The strategies such groups employ — don’t play by the rules and dismiss white people who disagree with you as racists — were described almost 50 years ago by American journalist and author Tom Wolfe in his great satirical essay, Radical Chic & Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers.

In it, Wolfe explained how black militants in San Francisco successfully intimidated city hall by, “rolling in with your certified angry militants, your guaranteed frustrated ghetto youth, looking like a bunch of wild men.

“Then you had your test confrontation. If you were outrageous enough, if you could shake up the bureaucrats so bad that their eyes froze into ice balls and their mouths twisted up into smiles of sheer physical panic ... then they knew you were the real goods.”

Sound familiar, Toronto? Indeed, why should BLM change their confrontational tactics, intended to unfairly demonize and de-legitimize the police at every opportunity? The fact is, they’re winning.

BLM got uniformed police officers banned from last Sunday’s pride parade, which the mayor and the majority on council meekly went along with, even allowing pride to keep its $260,000 city grant.

(The ugly reality is that BLM does NOT want justice or equality- they ALREADY have that! What they want is the same thing that LIE-berals want! They want money and power- with NO responsibility or accountability! Who wants to flip burgers or weld lumps of metal together for a steel fabrication company when its so much easier and more pleasant to sit in some air conditioned office telling people about black history and the `struggle` you endured so you could sit in that nice office!)

Now their sights are set on getting the police services board to scrap the widely praised school resource officer program, which has the dual aims of making schools safer and improving relations between police and students.

(And should we ask if it might be good for kids to actually be around a cop in a calm and controlled environment so they get used to seeing and dealing with what a previous generation of black radical bigots called “The Occupying Army”?)

Prior to that, pressure from BLM was a key factor in the province’s decision to hold an inquest into the fatal police shooting of Andrew Loku, after the province’s Special Investigations Unit cleared the police of wrongdoing.

(And oh look at the tap dancing being done by LIE-beral hug a thug judges- exclaiming that the death of Loku was a “homicide” but that nobody is guilty! In this case they are simply referring to the fancy and DELIBERATELY MIS-LEADING Latin title of Homicide- as in a homo-sapien has died. Its splitting hairs and sucking up to BLM bigots to use such provocative language as the Latin HOMICIDE in this case!)

(The TRUTH is being IGNORED HERE! One of the recommendations of the LOKU inquest jury was that cops be given Tazers! And of course Police Services Board has always resisted giving out such weapons because they ALLEGE cops might misuse them! LIE-berals have proven they would rather see crazy black people shot with .40mm pistols than have them taking up space in an expensive insane asylum! LIE-beral lust for more gravy is so strong they are willing to see bodies in the street rather than give cops a sensible alternative to shooting people! SO LIE-berals can be expected to quietly IGNORE the request for Tazers but it’s a given that LIE-berals WILL be all on fire for more sensitivity training for “racist cops” because the “training’ will give LIE-berals the chance to throw money at radical black “experts” in exchange for votes!)

(And who remembers Arnold Minors- the black “expert” hired to train Toronto cops in race relations? Minors is the guy who made famous the phrase “Occupying Army’ to describe Toronto cops- toan audience made up of cops! And shortly thereafter Minors was exposed as a complete fraud! He was Not an experienced senior homicide investigator from Miami- he was just a lowly traffic cop- and not a very good one either- who TALKED a great game that Toronto Silly Hall goofs bought into until Minors background was exposed.)

(Minors was exposed as a complete fraud with NONE of the qualifications he claimed but Toronto Silly Hall let him work out his FULL contract and gave him FULL pay as well, as compensation for his radical political garbage! Minors definitely Mau-Maued the Toronto flak catchers! He DID train our cops regarding the bullshit political climate in Toronto but sadly, cops did NOT learn anything that would moderate their views on black radicals or the LIE-berals who support them!)

(The truth is that if cops were such stone cold killers as BLM alleges, they would have stormed City hall and Queens Park long ago and rid us of a pack of LIARS!)

Tory and the majority on council may think they’ll be able to appease BLM — heck, the city gave them a race relations award — but that’s painfully naive.

BLM isn’t going to back off and similar groups, noting the political successes of BLM, may well choose to adopt their confrontational tactics in making their own demands.

(And the PROOF of that last statement showed up on Parliament Hill Friday as natives got arrested for trying to screw with the LIE-beral Canada Day party!)

And why not? After all, they seem to be working on our politicians.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
I don't believe you. Based on your past posts on this thread,I believe you are both a liar and a troll. And when you try to post seriously, you are a real light weight.

I am embarrassed for you. You are all over the place witb your rants. Whenever you slow down your thoughts and stay focused on just one point at a time, you tend to get your ass handed to you by people like colpy and tecumsehshoes.
You apparently are unable to distinguish between sense and nonsense. Getting hit in the snout with true disgust at one's morals always brings out the attack mode, so have at it....... Nevertheless what I told you about myself is true and is only a wee glimpse into my reality and your opinion of me is your problem. Mine is that people with destructive aims for humanity are in need of good verbal slap up the side of the head. It is a shame the head is so hard!!

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Ever seen a fairly young man who got caught in an auger!??? one leg chewed to the knee, one hand chewed to near the wrist and the other foot gone near tto the ankle before he managed to break free. or a 3 year old who fell into a bonfire (he did;t survive) Or the body of a young women who's father took her on a motorbike without a helmet. Her brain deformed her face when it swelled out her nose!!

The worst part was not so much the victims but those who are struck by such terrible grief that broke the heart as the aftermath.

So forgive me if I get more than a little disgusted by those who know nothing of the damage done by simple carelessness or at those who talk about weapons and war with such glibness.

Last edited:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
No of course not!! You do not believe one has control over their grain augers or their motorcycles or of making sure to keep their young child away from a bonfire?????

I will point out ]again[ ]that a gun is meant to maim or kill. Seriously do you honestly believe an auger for grain or a motorcycle or fire are manufactured to kill or main???

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
No of course not!! You do not believe one has control over their grain augers or their motorcycles or of making sure to keep their young child away from a bonfire?????
I will point out ]again[ ]that a gun is meant to maim or kill. Seriously do you honestly believe an auger for grain or a motorcycle or fire are manufactured to kill or main???

Nope they are all tools that can do damage to a human body, what do you recommend as a tool to use against a charging bear? I am a farmer as well as an Oilfield worker there are virtually thousands of tools that can kill you, a gun is just one. Each one of these tools you have to keep your head in the game to make sure it doesn't hurt you in any way. Personal story I had a Dozer operator on his first day nervously trying to figure out some of the levers without our knowledge (didn't see him enter the cab) while we were behind it preparing for the day, he hit a lever lowering the ripper before I could get out of the way rammed a bolt from the ripper into my left leg clearing the artery by 2mm, with a 45 minute drive to the hospital a boot full of blood and still alive with my leg I was lucky. You actually might of heard of it I was the first test case for packing a wound with gauze instead of stitch and drain in 1984 by Dr. Rheinhardt in Moosejaw regional Hospital.

All this to say a gun is a tool designed for humans to use, Humans can and do use it to harm other Humans like any other tool. Like a knife was designed to cut, stab and chop, and can be used by Humans to harm other Humans, a gun has a little more range.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I have only used my rifle to feed my family, it has never been used to kill or maim a human. Nor has it been used to threaten or intimidate a human.

I guess my uses for a rifle are 'off label'. Same with farmers, and police officers.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
What is important is not changing it;s name so as to minimize what it's purpose is. It's purpose is not meant to flip pancakes or to hammer in a nail.

It is a weapon ....particularly if used against a bear!! even if you skin & dress the meat later!! You can't even use it in the skinning of said meat or butchering it!!' Frivolous or stupid arguments do not bode well for judging one's intelligence. The subject is about control of guns, not about changing the name so as to diminish its prupose.

Oh and the first gun was not made to put food on the table or to hunt.

Well, according to the historians, knowing the exact date and place where the first gun was invented is totally a glaze over. But it is believed that, around the year 500 AD, the Chinese were the ones who invented the first gun ever. It acted for ejecting a projectile by using gun powder. This wittingly happened to be the first gun invented in the history of inventions. The Song Dynasty which was a ruling dynasty in China, were the ones who possessed these primitive weapons. The Chinese fire-lance (one of the first gunpowder weapons), was a combination of two components a spear coated with gunpowder used as a flamethrower and a gun. They were widely used by the early 12th century. The earlier historical evidence of the use of these fire-lances show that, the Chinese soldiers used these weapons at the siege of De'an against the Jurchens in the year 1132 BC.

Last edited:

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
If that is your argument then a knife was invented for the same purpose before gun powder, they even tied knives to the end of poles and called them spears, some were even made 3 feet long so they can outreach the enemy when they fought them. Don't you claim to be a farm girl? Or was it an acreage? And never had a rifle for protection? riiight

Most of the great inventions had roots in or spun off from the military. The ancestors of your microwave put an end to WWII with thousands of deaths to it's credit let's BAN microwaves. Lol

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
another useless and worthless history lesson from bluebyrd.

gun powder was invented as an ilixer of eternal life. many many years later, gun powder was used for fireworks. the first rifle wasnt a weapon, the quality of gun powder wasn't good enough to be a weapon. the first 'rifle' was a device for protecting the life of the fireworks operator.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
If that is your argument then a knife was invented for the same purpose before gun powder, they even tied knives to the end of poles and called them spears, some were even made 3 feet long so they can outreach the enemy when they fought them. Don't you claim to be a farm girl? Or was it an acreage? And never had a rifle for protection? riiight

Most of the great inventions had roots in or spun off from the military. The ancestors of your microwave put an end to WWII with thousands of deaths to it's credit let's BAN microwaves. Lol
LOL So when will the banning of swimming pools going to arise. You do realize before the invention of the gun primitve humans hunted and the animals actually had a chance of surviving. There are many ways of hunting that did not involve a gun. As I have pointed out, there is at least of sporting chance of living through a knife attack and one can perhaps outrun one's attacker. One cannot outrun a bullet.

And yes my husband & I bought a dairy farm which was at the time a very poor proposition so I went back to work. I worked days at the hospital and helped with the milking and during the summer bringing in crops. Things improved in farming. I raised chickens, pigs for eggs and meat, I sold the farm about 10 yeras after the death of my husband. I still have a couple of acres of land and the farmhouse plus a lovely bank account That is a very very small thumbnail sketch

There are a few tales of facing down hunters but why bother now, The law has changed somewhat since those days.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
another useless and worthless history lesson from bluebyrd.

gun powder was invented as an ilixer of eternal life. many many years later, gun powder was used for fireworks. the first rifle wasnt a weapon, the quality of gun powder wasn't good enough to be a weapon. the first 'rifle' was a device for protecting the life of the fireworks operator.
And you think my history is useless because the first actual gun was invented and used ro kill humans? Using the first guns to kill an animal would not leave much to eat now would it?