BREAKING NEWS: (of all types )

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Well OB I quit trying to find the I hate Trump thread that you have the anonymous NYT B.S. post in so here

Former Trump Campaign Director Michael Caputo Thinks NYT Op-Ed Writer Is A Woman

Former Trump Campaign Director Michael Caputo said on Sunday that he’s “fairly certain” he knows the identity of the Trump administration official who penned the infamous anonymous New York Times op-ed published last week.
“I’m fairly certain I know who it is,” Caputo told CNN’s Fredricka Whitfield. “I have been going through the parlor games like everybody else has. I am also completely 100 percent certain that the person who wrote this is on the list of people who said they didn’t write it.”
Caputo declined to identify the person, citing the fact that his attorney told him it was “a bad idea.” However, he said “a good place to start” would be to look at “key departments of [the] government that has been purged of all Trump supporters.”

“I don’t believe this person is in the White House,” Caputo said, but insisted the individual “has to be pretty high up. It’s gotta be a deputy secretary level or higher, otherwise the New York Times is misleading people.”
“I believe they are getting there,” he said of the possibility the White House has already identified the person. “I have my opinions. I started with this. Who is the person who I believe hates the president the most? Who is the person in the administration who has screamed about him in their own private office and gone forward and purged their entire office of Trump people? That’s where I’m looking at.”
Later in the segment, Caputo used the pronoun “she” to describe the individual.
“I think that first of all this person will never admit it because in my mind the author of this op-ed believes that she is a hero to the American people, that she in fact should be president instead of Donald Trump,” he said.

Following his train of thought it does make sense

Not even New York Times' top news editor knows who wrote anonymous op-ed

Who is the senior Trump administration official who wrote the anonymous op-ed in The New York Times this week about an internal "resistance" to President Donald Trump?
Even the paper's executive editor, Dean Baquet, doesn't know. That is how closely guarded the Times is being about protecting the writer's anonymity.
"That is the strength of the firewall" between the paper's news and editorial departments, Patrick Healy, the paper's politics editor, told CNN's Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" Sunday.
At least three people at the Times know who the author is: James Bennet, the editorial page editor; Jim Dao, the op-ed editor; and publisher A.G. Sulzberger.
No identifying information has leaked to the Times's newsroom, which sits on a separate floor from the editorial department in the paper's Manhattan office building, Healy said.
Healy declined to say whether Times reporters are working to uncover the identity of the op-ed's author, as journalists at other major news outlets are clamoring to do.
"We can't talk about the journalism that we're doing," Healy said.
He said the agreement made between the author and the Times' editorial department does not apply to the the newsroom.
"The decisions that the editorial department has made, from the vetting to the anonymity granted, and the news department are totally different," he said.
Healy defended the editorial page's decision to publish the anonymous essay, a controversial and rare move by the paper.
"The New York Times has one of the most strict, toughest, vetting processes for anonymous sources, whether it's our reporting, or knowing my colleagues on the op-ed side, on the editorial side, for any kind of anonymity that's granted," Healy said.

Quite the vetting process

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Ba ha ha ha ha ha I cry foul no, no, no, Trump you can't take part of the money earmarked to help aid Mexico for transportation costs of Illegals from the U.S. to Mexico to paying Mexico to transport Illegals coming from Central America into Mexico back to Central America.

U.S. Plans to Pay Mexico to Deport Unauthorized Immigrants There
In a recent notice sent to Congress, the administration said it intended to take $20 million in foreign assistance funds and use it to help Mexico pay plane and bus fare to deport as many as 17,000 people who are in that country illegally.
The money will help increase deportations of Central Americans, many of whom pass through Mexico to get to the American border. Any unauthorized immigrant in Mexico who is a known or suspected terrorist will also be deported under the program, according to the notification, although such people are few in number.
Katie Waldman, a spokeswoman for the Department of Homeland Security, said the program was intended to help relieve immigration flows at the United States border with Mexico.
“We are working closely with our Mexican counterparts to confront rising border apprehension numbers — specifically, a 38 percent increase in families this month alone — directly and to ensure that those with legitimate claims have access to appropriate protections,” Ms. Waldman said.
Under the program, Mexico would be responsible for detaining and providing judicial review of immigrants before deporting them. The sometimes cumbersome and lengthy legal process in the United States to deport asylum seekers has long frustrated Mr. Trump, who has often said the laws must be changed to speed deportations. Getting Mexico to do deportations instead would bypass that process.

justducky

Electoral Member
Aug 2, 2018
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...hirds-us-terrorism-tied-right-wing-extremists

"SNIP....

Study shows two-thirds of U.S. terrorism tied to right-wing extremists

September 12, 2018

Bill Morlin

A new terrorism database analysis shows almost two-thirds of the terror attacks in the United States last year were carried out by right-wing extremists.

“A Quartz analysis of the database shows that almost two-thirds of terror attacks in the (United States) last year were tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government, or xenophobic motivations,” its posting says.

The remaining attacks, the web site said, “were driven by left-wing ideologies … and Islamic extremism.”

Globally, terrorist attacks dropped from about 17,000 in 2014 to about 11,000 in 2017, including a 40 percent decline in the Middle East, according to Quartz's analysis of the START data.

But the United States has seen a recent surge in terror-related violence, with 65 attacks last year, up from six in 2006, it said.

In a related post last month, Quartz said of 65 terrorism incidents last year in the United States, 37 were “tied to racist, anti-Muslim, homophobic, anti-Semitic, fascist, anti-government or xenophobic motivations.”

....SNIP"

justducky

Electoral Member
Aug 2, 2018
Regarding Hurricane Florence and pet evacuations: maybe people in safe areas could put a white plastic bag on their front door handles if they are willing to take in somebody else's pets while they are evacuating. I'm sure pet lovers would do that. Then people would not feel they can't evacuate.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Facebook says attack exposed info of 50 million users

An attack on Facebook discovered earlier this week exposed information on nearly 50 million of the social network's users, the company announced Friday.

The attackers, who were not identified, exploited a feature that lets users see their Facebook page the way someone else would. They could then potentially use it to take over the accounts. Facebook says it has already fixed the issue and informed law enforcement.

Source: CNN

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Just in Trump not to fire Mad Dog again LOl

Trump tells Mattis he is 100 percent behind him after 'Democrat' jab

U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said President Donald Trump has reassured him of his full support after the Republican president described his Pentagon chief as "sort of a Democrat" who could leave the administration.
Mattis, speaking to reporters before landing in Vietnam on Tuesday, said he received the reassurance from Trump in a phone call during his nearly 20-hour flight from Washington.
"(Trump) said, 'I'm 100 percent with you'," Mattis recounted, playing down Trump's remarks to CBS' "60 Minutes," which aired on Sunday.
Asked whether he was a Democrat, as Trump suggested, Mattis, disclosed that he had not registered as a Democrat or a Republican.
"I have never registered for any political party," said Mattis, a retired Marine general.
Mattis sought to portray national defense as an issue above partisan politics. He also pointed to a long military career that taught him to act in a "proudly apolitical" manner, in which U.S. servicemembers carry out orders from Republican and Democratic presidents alike.
Mattis said he did not talk to Trump about leaving his job and dismissed speculation he was being pushed out.
"I'm on his team. We have never talked about me leaving. And as you can see right here, we are on our way (to Asia). We just continue doing our job," Mattis said.
The remarks represented Mattis' first and only response since Trump's assertions to CBS raised questions about whether Mattis might be getting ready to leave his job, perhaps after mid-term U.S. elections next month.
Trump told the news program: "I think he's sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth. But General Mattis is a good guy. We get along very well. He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves."
Mattis' future has become a focus of media speculation, particularly after last month's release of a book by Watergate reporter Bob Woodward that portrayed Mattis privately disparaging Trump to associates.
Mattis has strongly denied making any such remarks.
Trump had long been deferential toward Mattis, saying on September 5 his defense chief would remain in his job.
Mattis has previously made no secret of the fact that he was not looking to become secretary of defense - or even return to Washington - when Trump was elected.
Mattis had stepped down from the military in 2013 and taken a job at Stanford University. He told his Senate confirmation hearing last year he was "enjoying a full life west of the Rockies" when the call came about the position.
Asked last month about reports he may be leaving, Mattis said: "I wouldn’t take it seriously at all."
Western officials privately extol Mattis, whose standing among NATO allies has risen as they become increasingly bewildered by Trump's policies on trade and Iran and disoriented by his outreach to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
One factor thought to have darkened Mattis’ prospects is this year's arrival in the White House of Mira Ricardel, who has the powerful post of deputy national security adviser and is believed to dislike Mattis, current and former officials have told Reuters.
He is also seen as less hawkish on Iran than Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House National Security Adviser John Bolton.

Even with a Reuter slant it's still pretty straight forward