Gun Control is Completely Useless.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure...what does the liberal government define as an "assault weapon"? Since they conveniently haven't defined the term yet, it's pretty ambiguous...and intentionally so.

What The Heck IS An Assault Rifle, Anyway?

In all the time I spent in the military, I NEVER heard a rifle referred to as an “assault weapon.” We had some “battle rifles,” a few “combat weapons,” but so far as I know, we had no assault rifles. In fact, I had never heard the term used until the leftist politicians began using it, which sort of makes me think they invented it because it sounds really bad—mean—you know?

So, I have concluded the term “assault rifle/weapon” is just another term from the vast and numerous volumes of liberal Bovine Scatology phrases used by the left to terrorize the weak-minded and undereducated graduates of the US public education system—which is darn near everybody these days.

=================================================================================================================

Pity our poor LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are so bereft of new ideas that they can only see idiotic solutions to MASSIVE PROBLEMS that they have

created that the general public KNOWS will not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berlas have talked themselves into a political corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL LIE-beral solutions to any LIE-beral problem will only sink them deeper into the swamp they have DELIBERATELY

flooded for themselves and then dived head first into!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are now so utterly divorced from reality that they do not react to the scorn being heaped upon their idea to ban hand guns as a "solution" to crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Are you sure?

I suggest that you take another math class. your skills are a bit rusty.

That is 3 out of 5 years where knives were higher. And, if you calculate a 5 yr average, the knives were higher.

We want the guns in order to promote public safety.

you could save more lives if you go after residential swimming pools.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
We actually have that in Maryland. There's the list of "enumerated weapons" (mostly 5.56mm AR-15 variants) the legislature has banned (by make and model), and the State Police, who have responsibility for enforcement, are allowed to ban "copycat weapons."

As a result, the good legislators of Maryland have protected their adoring constituents from me having this 5.56mm clip-fed semi-auto rifle taking 30- or 40-round magazines or 75-round drums:

but that's OK by me because I can and do have THESE 5.56mm clip-fed semi-auto rifles taking 30- or 40-round magazines or 75-round drums:

Do you feel safer yet?

I also have this clip-fed semi-automatic rifle in 7.62mm:

because the good legislators of Maryland were so intent on banning "the AR-15" that apparently nobody bothered to tell them that a 7.62x51mm, clip-fed semi-automatic rifle is every bit as rapid-firing, and far more powerful, than a 5.56x45mm clip-fed semi-automatic rifle.

So in the end, it's all good. The Maryland liberals feel all warm and smug now that they're protected, and I have my high-capacity guns.

Yay.

You must live in a very dangerous part town I take it?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Nah, I just like to shoot. And I don't like to re-load. And I'm fond of bullpups. For any reasonable self- or home-defense situation, I'd use a shotgun or a handgun.

I use silk sheets on the staircase, a dry ice generator, and a teargas canister. So far, I gotten 2 sister in laws, and a grandmother. They all asked to be shot, but I didn't oblige.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Okay, now show that against all deaths. The is a similar chart for the top 10 medical conditions that kill when they reach the 'incurable' stage.
With any luck there is one for 'accidents of all kinds' also. When that is put together you get a better picture of where it fits in as far as 'preventable deaths before old age claims you'.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Okay, now show that against all deaths. The is a similar chart for the top 10 medical conditions that kill when they reach the 'incurable' stage.
With any luck there is one for 'accidents of all kinds' also. When that is put together you get a better picture of where it fits in as far as 'preventable deaths before old age claims you'.

Another non-sequitur. We are not talking about all deaths. It is a gun control thread, not a cancer or heart disease thread or home accident thread. The point it that every year hundreds of millions of dollars are wasted chasing after idiots with firearms and it all would be quite unnecessary if so many idiots were not allowed access to firearms. And then there is the massive psychological and physical damage gun crime causes.

Can the U.S. afford the massive cost of gun violence?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-vegas-shooting-gun-violence-economic-costs/

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
how many successful mass shootings take place at a gun range?
Well two years ago there were two suicides by gun at a target shooting range in Florida. The irony was these were two elderly persons who couldn't afford the gun so rented one from the range. Needless to say that particular range no longer rents guns!!

Quote "you could save more lives if you go after residential swimming pools."

Now as far as swimming pools only 23% of drownings happen in pools. 77% plus happen in natural bodies of water,............so that particular comment was completely silly ...considering the drowning deaths come nowhere near those caused by guns ...... which I keep pointing out are produced for the sole purpose of killing"

Canada has better gun laws than the US. and while they are not perfect anymore than humanity is. most people not living all that close to the American border are quite content with our laws/

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Now as far as swimming pools only 23% of drownings happen in pools. 77% plus happen in natural bodies of water,............so that particular comment was completely silly …

If it saves just 1 life it would be worth it, correct?

considering the drowning deaths come nowhere near those caused by guns ...

that is correct, at 570 Canadian children drownings in 10 years, children killed by guns don't even come close.

... which I keep pointing out are produced for the sole purpose of killing"

Yes, please keep pointing that out, I love how ridiculous it makes you sound.

Canada has better gun laws than the US. and while they are not perfect anymore than humanity is.

certainly, you can show Canada's change in trending responded to each new Canadian law?

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I do think that a person should be required to register his firearm and, should he sell it, require the buyer to register it at time of purchase. For example, if I'm selling my firearm to someone, I'd have to meet him at a shop that offers a registration service where he would enter the buyer's name into the registry for that firearm and then remove my name from it. I imagine that a shop that offers this service might charge for it, but so be it. Maybe we could allow the police department and local government to offer this service for a reasonable fee too.

Yes a person can lose his firearm or have it stolen. In that case, the onus would be on him to report it as soon as possible so that he's not held responsible for any crime committed with it.

Things like this should be made more difficult:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/illegal-handgun-gun-hamilton-1.4803477

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Quote "you could save more lives if you go after residential swimming pools."
Now as far as swimming pools only 23% of drownings happen in pools. 77% plus happen in natural bodies of water,............so that particular comment was completely silly

Child drownings dramatically increase with lifeguards blaming parents’ obsession with smartphones
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7028718/germany-increase-children-drowning-lifeguards-blame-parents/

Gotta ban pools and phones and parents.

How is this going to stop one bullet?

Doesn’t matter cuz it makes the progs feel good.