Who to vote for in Canadian federal election in 2019?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Who to vote for in Canadian federal election in 2019? It's that time again to start thinking about who to vote for so you can make an informed decision at the voting booth. There are three main political parties Liberal, Conservative and NDP and a whole bunch of fringe parties. What are the changes you want to see and which political party can accomplish that? What do you think?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Conservative is the only sane choice for those who want a less intrusive gubmint.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Anything but Conservative.

Think about it.

Walter votes for those guys.

Serious answer: They're all okay this time around.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Vote the opposite of someone who is wrong all the time...like Mental Floss.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Independent who runs on the platform that Canada does not need both a Federal Government and a Provincial one. In addition to pushing referendum voting only as well as all the Ministers are voted in by that process and they run those departments and the men the PM chooses are the way he co-ordinates with them.

Looks like I won't be voting again as all parties tow the line they are told to, might as well vote a bank in rather than a person.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
To the NDP who lost a "safe seat" to Scheer in a landslide?

After 50 years why are they still "New" Democrats?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I've always said that I would be willing to vote for Trudeau if he did a good job in his first term. So far, he hasn't won me over.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
More food for thought if one is thinking voting Liberal

Dominic LeBlanc broke conflict of interest rules by approving lucrative surf clam license to wife’s cousin

Former fisheries minister Dominic LeBlanc broke conflict of interest rules earlier this year by awarding a lucrative license to fish for Arctic surf clams to a company that was set to be run by his wife's cousin.
In a ruling issued Wednesday morning, Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion said the plan to award the contract violated the section of the Conflict of Interest Act that bars public office holders from making decisions that would place them in a conflict as well as the section requiring officials to recuse themselves from such matters.
"A first cousin of Mr. LeBlanc's spouse, Mr. Gilles Thériault, could have benefitted financially from an Arctic surf clam licence being awarded to the Five Nations Clam Company," Dion said. "Mr. Thériault would have served as the company's general manager if the process to grant it the licence had been completed."
Dion said that the decision by LeBlanc to pursue issuing the license -- which was announced in February 2018 -- "provided an opportunity to further Mr. Thériault's private interests."

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Conservative vs Liberal

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh. A liberal will delete it because he or she is "offended."

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
More food for thought if one is thinking voting Liberal

Dominic LeBlanc broke conflict of interest rules by approving lucrative surf clam license to wife’s cousin

And this idiot is my MP.

Right now, as with the provincial election here in NB, no one seems really worth voting for. Hoping it changes soon but I'm not going to hold my breath.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I've always said that I would be willing to vote for Trudeau if he did a good job in his first term. So far, he hasn't won me over.

Same. I didn’t vote for him in 2015 but was open to potentially doing so in 2019 depending on what he did. After less than a year I knew I wouldn’t be voting for him in 2019. My current MP is Catherine McKenna. I was really surprised when she won’t and sadly I think she has a good chance of winning again next year. Won’t be with my vote though.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Conservative vs Liberal
If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh. A liberal will delete it because he or she is "offended."

What a BS false dichotomy. There are far more than two positions on every issue.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Conservative vs Liberal

And if a person is truly conservative he posts the sort of utter nonsense you do.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016

Flameout talkin here...!!

That gnarly J.T. just legalized Mary Jane baby!! I haven't worked since Mr. Clean had hair, but this dude is gettin my vote fer sure!!

A chicken in every pot? Forget that, man...a Spliff in every pot!!!

Chya!!