Is Canada ready for the coming electric vehicle revolution?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Wasn't Tesla offering free access for life to their Super Chargers?

(if you missed that deal the rule of thumb they have been using is about $540 US to run a EV 15K miles a year)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't understand the obsession with electricity. We have billions of bushels of oil and gas, but we've about run out of rivers to dam and acreage for habitat. People have to smarten up and quit swallowing this G.W. bull shit.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
indeed you do not understand.

The money that EV save is really secondary to the gas they do not burn. That is why people want them.

So while you are free to believe whatever you like please extend the same courtesy to the thousands of people who want to switch to EVs and stop burning gas,

It doesn't seem like that should be that big a deal for you.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
What will replace taxes paid on gasoline?

How about taxes paid on whatever else people spend that money on?

And once again the main thing about the EV is not so much the money savings it is the gas that is not burned and the 0 emissions.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The performance is what is required in order to compete against similar vehicles.

If you want to compete in the luxury/sport market you need a fast car.

Tesla has one.

It's fast in the very short term, but has no legs for distance at those speeds.

People in the luxury car market aren't looking for a 1/4 mile car

I have yet to see one poster in this forum touting electric cars, who actually own and drives one!
Bloody hypocrites all......
Do as I say not as I do preachers......

Funny how that works

What will replace taxes paid on gasoline?

How about taxes paid on whatever else people spend that money on?

Already being done

And once again the main thing about the EV is not so much the money savings it is the gas that is not burned and the 0 emissions.

Construction of the EVs in addition to the large resources required to mine the rare earth's for the batteries offset any gains made on '0' emissions.

On that note, the expended batteries can only be recycled so far prior to them being useless, leaving a cocktail of toxic components and heavy metals to be buried in landfills across the globe.

.... Hardly the eco friendly circumstance that is being advertised

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Fast but no legs?

I had a 400 buick that could eat a tank of gas in about a hour and a half if you wanted.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sounds like you got 12MPG and it didn't matter if you were sitting at the lights or hauling ass down an open road.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
indeed you do not understand.

The money that EV save is really secondary to the gas they do not burn. That is why people want them.

So while you are free to believe whatever you like please extend the same courtesy to the thousands of people who want to switch to EVs and stop burning gas,

It doesn't seem like that should be that big a deal for you.

What I don't understand is your obsession to switch from the energy we have to the one we don't have!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It is quite a puzzle.

For you I guess, for me it's a no brainer! I fully agree with starting to get things in place ready for a switch over 100 years from now, short of damming up rivers and confusing fish. Let's at least get some use out of the $billions of dollars we have invested in equipment for extracting and transporting oil before we throw it on the scrap pile. How many man years do we have invested in training alone for participating in the industry? Give it some thought and quit spewing nonsense!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
trillions of dollars have already been made on carbon fuels.

how much is enough?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Fast but no legs?

I had a 400 buick that could eat a tank of gas in about a hour and a half if you wanted.

I had a 9 volt battery that only worked for a few hours once

The myth that ev's have no legs is just that. A myth.

Prove it.

how much is enough?
Stop using them

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Tesla has been selling Roasters for 10 years

Yes- and those Tesla roadsters are SO VERY POPULAR I HAVE YET TO SEE ONE ON ANY TORONTO ROAD!!!!!

LIE-berals only support electric TOY cars because of the grvy they hope to skim off from selling their mouldy green electricity to us at HUGE PROFITS!!!!

LIE-berals are trying to make our electrical system over into a vast gravy generating giant monopoly to compete with and destroy the oil industry!!!!

LIE-berals are trying to make their personal greed into a national virtue!!!!

LIE-beral boast of the road ripping acceleration of their electric Toy cars while at the same time Toronto City Council discusses REDUCING speed limits on city streets to thirty kilometers per hour!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral logic is like a dizzy puppy trying to catch its own tail!!!!!!

hifigadget

Aug 5, 2018
Leicester
Major market shift

While electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular in urban centers like Vancouver and Victoria, much of rural B.C. still has concerns.

Michelle Mungall, provincial energy minister and MLA for Nelson-Creston, says electric vehicles will be an important part of reducing B.C.'s carbon emissions. But she says her constituents have concerns about the adoption of new technology when their cars are such essential lifelines.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

how much is enough?

How much oil revenue is enough?

Here is a better and BIGGER QUESTION:

How much gravy does it take to supply the LIE-beral list of entitlements?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Big week in e vehicle history.
Volvo unveils the future of trucking - the cabless self driving Vera
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanba...us-semi-is-a-cabless-tractor-pod/#3565b79a436

While BMW unveils their flagship e vehicle morphed form car to SUV
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-flagship-from-car-to-suv-ahead-of-2021-debut

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Cadillac decided this week to shit can its diesel development in favor of fully electric.

The future is electric.