Is Canada ready for the coming electric vehicle revolution?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Gotta keep the curious infants from crawling into holes Lol

Poor LIE-berals!!!!!!! They are SO DESPERATE to change the public narrative AWAY from their multiple policy failures!!!!

Consider this:

An angst ridden Cdn author once wrote about our “Two Solitudes” - meaning the divide between French and English- but that divide has been superseded by a much bigger problem- the great divide between civil service union Hogs and the private sector! This article contains some comments of my own in brackets):

Pricking the thin skins of the federal public service

BY MARK BONOKOSKI, POSTMEDIA NETWORK
FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2016 04:40 PM EST | UPDATED: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2016 04:52 PM EST

Members of the Public Service Alliance of Canada held a rally to protest proposed changes/reductions to sick days by the federal government in Regina March 19, 2015. (Postmedia Network file photo)

Oh, the vitriol.

No sooner had Tuesday’s column moved into its digital slot in Postmedia’s piece of cyberspace than the onslaught commenced, with some thin-skinned federal public servants decrying my failure to genuflect before them.

Their feelings had obviously been hurt.

Most took me to task for not highlighting in bold-face print the fact that the recent 5.5% raise given to the 68,000 card-carrying members of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, the largest public-sector union in the land, was over a four-year term.

(Oh poor babies- ask the people at the south western Ontari-owe locomotive factory how they felt about being told “take a FIFTY PERCENT PAY CUT or your jobs are gone! This after the company posted its most profitable year ever!)

(Or ask the 500 people who used to work at the Oshawa call centre how they feel about going in on a Monday morning to start work only to find the place empty- and all their jobs gone to Alabama- thanks to a fine grant from that state govt!! And of course the call centre owners timed the move so they could disappear with TWO WEEKS WAGES OWING to their former workers! And of course LIE-berals do not consider it any of our business what other bills- for things like phones, heat, light, power etc- that the company might also have neglected to pay before disappearing! Civil service union Hogs think they ought to be IMMUNE to the cost and consequences of this kind of economic CRAP- whikle at the same time being ENTITLED to grand pay amd solid gold pensions!)

They (The Hogs) also slammed me for not citing that their $650 signing bonus, which amounts to a taxpayer hit of $44.2 million, will be taxed as income, and therefore amounts to only $450 or so.

Poor things.

So, signing bonus aside, the raise works out as a 1.25% increase every year over four years, meaning it’s 1.25% in the second year with the 1.25% raise of the previous year now in the calculations. And so on.

Not a bad deal in today’s economy.

(Especially when Hogs basically NEVER GET LAID OFF!!!! Just one more little perk of office that ordinary people do not get!)

One reader, among many, would take it in a nanosecond. He works in the private sector for a printing company, has not had a raise in 10 years, and has accepted two pay cuts during that same period to stay employed.

“If I get sick, I don’t get paid,” writes another. “I don’t have a sick-leave bank. I’ve gone to work feeling like I was on my death bed.

“I did it to feed my family.”

(And of course Ontari-owe LIE-berals were quite happy to sign new contracts- a year before being defeated in the June election- which basically allowed teachers to claim sick leave at full salary whenever they wanted for A LONG AS THEY WANTED!!!!! With no need even to supply a doctors note! And Hogs wonder why we are skeptical about how hard they CLAIM to work!)

But, hey, this isn’t about ordinary Canadians struggling in the real world. This is about federal public servants, a hard-done-by crowd (in their estimation) who feel the taxpayer owes them.

Take a woman named Jody, for example.

“What would you want?” she asks. “No raises at all? No sick leave? Shitty working conditions like most people?

(OH! So Hogs DO RECOGNIZE THEY HAVE IT GOOD!!!! But they are so ENTITLED they also claim the right to shut down any talk against their constant, ONGOING, economy breaking DEMANDS! How dare the peasants complain of Hog greed even though we cannot ever give enough to satisfy Hogs!!!!)

“Ours is not the cakewalk that it might be to the uninformed mind. Bosses changing every few months. Everything changing when the PM changes … archaic and labyrinthine management.

(“Archaic and labyrinthine management” is Hog speak meaning the public MUST NEVER get a real look at how LIE-berals spend our money! If you have LOTS OF ENTITLEMENTS to both enjoy and to hide from public view then labyrinthine methods must be employed!)

“Should my children eat poorly so yours can eat better?” she then asks, as if the pay raise spells the difference.

(Well YES!!!!! Why should civil service GREED be allowed to bankrupt us all? TO MUCH BORROWED GOVT money is being funneled into Hog monster homes and lavish Muskoka cottages and a vast array of gas guzzling, environment ripping TOYS! Civil service Hogs long ago passed the point of “fairness” and are now nothing more than parasites sucking us dry! And it is our grand children and great grand children who will be struggling with the debts LIE-berals have generated while buying Hog votes- long after LIE-berals are gone!)

“We come to work every day for the betterment of the Canadian people,” she says. “Maybe we should all quit and get a job writing divisive swill for a second-rate neo-conservative tabloid.”

(HAHAHAHA!!!! Our teachers tell us they “are doing the job for the kids”!!! But we indebted tax payers know teachers are DOING IT TO THE KIDS”! Our kids are being royally screwed economically by Hogs!)

My advice for Jody? Don’t quit your day job, especially since you believe “most (other) people” have crappy working conditions.

Stay where you are. Enjoy the benefits. Unlike the private sector, you are eight times less likely to get laid off. In fact, in 2015, only 0.5% of the entire public workforce in Canada found themselves being forced through layoffs to seek other employment.

(And many of those suddenly unemployed Hogs - in 2014 and early 2015 worked for Veterans Affairs Ministry and got laid off because there were no more maimed Cdns coming back from Afghanistan- so the paper pushing Hogs were not needed! One might think that in 2016 things would be better for Hogs but NO! After Our idiot Boy Justin got elected- he FIRED A BUNCH OF SCIENTISTS!!!! These would be the scientists who had their wages merely frozen by that Ogre Stephen Harper! But our idiot Boy Justin- who openly boasts of never reading a news paper- has decided he already knows all he needs to about climate change so the scientists are not needed and can be FIRED!!!! )

It’s as close to bullet-proof job security that there is. So stifle the boo-hoos.

Then there is Ryan, another federal public servant, who writes as if he is alone, and that no one else is having to deal with the “increasing prices in groceries, property tax and electricity bills,” and a dollar that is being “spread thinner” by the day.

(Gosh!!!! What a SAD TALE!!!! And who has noticed that the price of electricity- and most other things- is soaring so very high due to that massive gravy grab by LIE-berals who are desperate to BUY enough Hog votes so that they can cling to power at any price! This is the giant flaw behind all LIE-beral reasoning: that sooner or later they will run out of other peoples money thanks to Hog entitlements being so HUGE! So now Hogs get to deal with a VERY ANGRY PUBLIC that is convinced they DESERVE to be called HOGS!!!!)

“Before you go ripping into the government for providing their employees with somewhat a reward for doing a good job, expose yourself to what working in the government is actually like,” he writes. “You’ll soon find most of us deserve every penny we make.”

You’re right, Ryan. Besides, it is only three days until Christmas, and therefore time for some good will.

So, joy to your world, and all those in it.

(But the new year will come and bring a nasty dose of reality with it- spreading sorrow and frustration amongst Hogs who are convinced they are definitely entitled to endless gifts extorted from the pockets of a public who deals with “shitty working conditions” on a daily basis!)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
After hours Tesla reports biggest loss in its history.

Unfortunately for the legions of short sellers they also reported $4 billion in revenue and are trading about 10% higher after hours.

Tomorrows opening will be an epic squeeze with Tesla once again crushing every short seller on Wall Street.

Its becoming a tradition.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
hilights of Elon Musks earnings call:

"I would like to apologize"

Finally. Someone somewhere has said those words.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
hilights of Elon Musks earnings call:

"I would like to apologize"

Finally. Someone somewhere has said those words.

Uh huh.......after the election of Doug Ford as Ontari-owe premier- California govt IMMEDIATELY REDUCED its carbon crap and trade tax scam due to Ontari-owe backing out of the three way deal between California, Ontari-owe and Quebec!

LIE-beral carbon crap and trade scam is dead in Ontari-owe and is wounded in California!

And carbon crap and trade is in serious trouble in other Cdn provinces- with our federal LIE-beral Environment Minster just announcing that Cdn carbon crap and trade tax will BE REDUCED in order to improve Cdn business competitiveness in the current LIE-beral created trade war with \United States over LIE-beral refusal to take national security issues seriously!

The carbon crap and trade tax will be a federal election issue and if other province kill the tax in their territories, Quebecers will ask: "if they dont have to pay then WHY ARE WE STILL PAYING"?

The amount of govt gravy available to subsidize electric toy cars is SHRINKING by the day!!!!

And in related news- the average age of a car in Ontari-owe is 11years at last report and we all know how much rust those older vehicles carry!

And we all know that Lithium instantly bursts into flames when exposed to air!

So lets ask how much the structural integrity of a Tesla battery case will be compromised by 11 years worth of rust?

On top of all that- Tesla has NOT YET figured out how to mass produce cars at a profit!!!!!

Even as their govt gravy supply shrinks!!!!!!

Activity on the stock market is no more significant than the bluff offered up in LIARS POKER!!!!!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Telsa opens up 10% on massive volume. Short sellers are once again crushed.

If you read the pre reporting analysts there was a consensus that this was a critical reporting for Tesla and that it would basically determine their future prospects.

Tesla's future looks bright - lets see if the analysts will admit that.

I would expect to see numerous upgrades.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Tesla releases dual motor T3's

These are said to deliver sub 4 second 0-60. Also the braking should be way better.

$15K more than the T3 and about the same money as a BMW M3

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

These are said to deliver sub 4 second 0-60. Also the braking should be way better.

Does that Tesla cost twice as much or three times as much now that the LIE-beral subsidies have been taken away?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be very careful Hoid- you have been sniffing the Lithium fumes again and it is giving you silly ideas that make the rest of us LAUGH!!!!!!!!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Why on Earth would anyone need to hit 60 in 4 seconds?

I can only imagine the healthcare costs associated with this will escalate with this over-performance will escalate proportionately

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Why on Earth would anyone need to hit 60 in 4 seconds?

I can only imagine the healthcare costs associated with this will escalate with this over-performance will escalate proportionately

Yes, yes. That's it!

Husky can run a series of commercials outlining the dangers of unlimited torque!

Brilliant, J.B.!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The performance is what is required in order to compete against similar vehicles.

If you want to compete in the luxury/sport market you need a fast car.

Tesla has one.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
These are called production cars.

We now know of dozens of electric vehicle programs coming to market in the next few years and we believe they will change the auto industry forever.

Here we take a quick look at the 5 most exciting new electric cars you can buy in the next 2 years.

Concept cars. They don't exist yet. It's in your article.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The performance is what is required in order to compete against similar vehicles.

If you want to compete in the luxury/sport market you need a fast car.

Tesla has one.

Who the hell can afford to do that what with the price of gas these days? Electricity is even a bigger rip off!