Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Read the Constitution of the United States.

No, we need much less restriction in Canada. Background checks, training and subsequent licensing are good enough. All the rest is bullshyte. And now the Liberal gov't is playing the same tune again.....useless, ineffective, unrealistic, and oppressive regulations in a new bill, Bill C-71, known as FOHA. (The Firearms Owners' Harassment Act).

I guess you are going to have to show me where in the US Constitution that private citizens have a right to own firearms without any training as to how to use those weapons or any checks into their backgrounds. I'm betting you can't since there is no such clause. But there is a clause that says something about a A well regulated Militia.

You're an idiot, but I'm being redundant.

If "horrendous" means a murder rate 20% below the world average, then you're right.

And I have never advocated for an American style system. If you could phucking read, you'd know that. Background checks, safety training, and licensing are all that is necessary, but that is much more than most US states.

And I would advise you to look up "Darwinian".

I would say he is talking about the murder rate in other democracies. Just how does the US compare? I do realize you can always find some disfunctional dictatorship with a higher murder rate, but let's compare apples to apples shall we?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I guess you are going to have to show me where in the US Constitution that private citizens have a right to own firearms without any training as to how to use those weapons or any checks into their backgrounds. I'm betting you can't since there is no such clause. But there is a clause that says something about a A well regulated Militia.

Yep.

And anyone competent in the English language understands that the phrase "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," is simply the reason for the declaratory phrase "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". It does not modify the declaratory phrase in any way.

As well, the militia is a tool of the state, and common sense would dictate that the rights of the state are not included in a Bill of Rights, which are the principles that defend the individuals from the power of the state. If the Second Amendment guarantees the rights of the state you must interpret "the people" as meaning "the state", and that would totally eviscerate all the individual rights in the Bill of Rights.

Also, ancient documents must be interpreted in the light of what the authors intended. A cursory reading of the writing of Jefferson, Madison et. al. makes it very clear that they intended the American population be armed.

Finally, the people are the militia.

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246

Time for the anti-gunners to put that argument to bed. It is very ill. :)

I would say he is talking about the murder rate in other democracies. Just how does the US compare? I do realize you can always find some disfunctional dictatorship with a higher murder rate, but let's compare apples to apples shall we?

Murder rates per 100,000 (democratic countries only)

United States: 5.35

Jamaica: 47.01

Belize: 37.6

Brazil: 29.53

Bahamas: 28.4

Mexico: 19.26

Honduras: 56.52

El Salvador: 82.84

Bermuda: 12.98

Philippines: 11.02

Costa Rica: 11.9

Barbados: 10.9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

All of which have much stricter gun control, and fewer guns than the USA.

And that is just a sample.

Wanna try again?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Compares America to Jamaica - does not like people to talk about thing they don't understand.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Call him a n ——-ar .

Poor Hoid- he really has nothing to say- and he says it so badly to!!!!!

Logic and reason are his enemies!

In this he is a typical media type airhead!!!!!!

City tv in Toronto did a piece on Ford and the cancellation of the LIE-beral mouldy green energy scam and they interviewed Jim Warren and he spun a tale of gloom and doom for Ford!!!!!

And the LOONIE LEFTIST LIE-beral loving media interviewer NEVER ONCE MENTIONED THAT WARREN IS A LIE-beral strategist and has worked on campaigns for various LIE-berals including Dalton McGinty and Wynne-bag!!!!

The media FIX is in and they intend to produce grossly slanted anti Ford propaganda!!!!

And LIE-berals wonder why we dont buy their fake news!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Compares America to Jamaica - does not like people to talk about thing they don't understand.

Bar Sinister said I would say he is talking about the murder rate in other democracies. Just how does the US compare? I do realize you can always find some disfunctional dictatorship with a higher murder rate, but let's compare apples to apples shall we?

Jamaica is a democracy, so it qualifies as an example under Bar Sinister's own parameters, although I expect the goal posts to be running down the field after he reads my reply.

Jamaica has a murder rate of 47.01 per 100,000, almost nine times the US rate of 5.35 per 100,000.

Not only that, Jamaica has gun laws and enforcement that is much stricter than even Canada's............and a violation often results in a sentence of indefinite incarceration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Jamaica

And Jamaica is an island, with easily controlled borders.

The USA has well over twelve times the guns per capita as does Jamaica.

One last thing......Jamaica even has a higher gun death rate than the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate.

So......as usual, you're wrong.

BTW, Mark Twain said It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Advice you should take. :)

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Bar Sinister said I would say he is talking about the murder rate in other democracies. Just how does the US compare? I do realize you can always find some disfunctional dictatorship with a higher murder rate, but let's compare apples to apples shall we?

Jamaica is a democracy, so it qualifies as an example under Bar Sinister's own parameters, although I expect the goal posts to be running down the field after he reads my reply.

Jamaica has a murder rate of 47.01 per 100,000, almost nine times the US rate of 5.35 per 100,000.

Not only that, Jamaica has gun laws and enforcement that is much stricter than even Canada's............and a violation often results in a sentence of indefinite incarceration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Jamaica

And Jamaica is an island, with easily controlled borders.

The USA has well over twelve times the guns per capita as does the USA.

One last thing......Jamaica even has a higher gun death rate than the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate.

So......as usual, you're wrong.

BTW, Mark Twain said It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Advice you should take. :)
So you chose to compare America to other democracies that America compares favorably to and think you have arrived at a valid argument.

Compare America to other democracies who have similar levels of wealth.

America is a shit hole country of the western world.

https://eand.co/why-is-america-the-rich-worlds-most-ultraviolent-society-2d9f0fa084c6

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Question for Colpy:
Why do armored truck driver and guard have one hand resting on their sidearm while carrying bags of cash to or from a bank or store?.

I would like to know if I gave my wife the right answer when she asked me that the other day......

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Call him a n ——-ar .

I'm serious. I've reported him to the moderators. I don't understand why they are giving him a pass, they haven't contacted me or provided me with any feedback.

Maybe more than myself is required to get their attention. Please go back and complain when you have time.

Post #9275 . this post is still here and so is Hoid.

I can not think of a valid reason for anyone to want to give Hoid a pass on a racist comment. Please, everyone complain and report his post

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Question for Colpy:
Why do armored truck driver and guard have one hand resting on their sidearm while carrying bags of cash to or from a bank or store?.

I would like to know if I gave my wife the right answer when she asked me that the other day......

Actually, they should be holding on to the front of the holster, but not actually have a grip on the firearm. The reason is that in Canada, you can be charged with assault if you get in even a mild disagreement while holding a weapon. Yet with your hand folded over the front of the holster, it is only a twist of the wrist and you are into the draw.

I know, some of the guys actually hold on to the butt. That is not how they are trained.

Back in the day, they used to draw the weapon before they exited the truck, and carry it in their hand. They still do that in the USA.

You need to be ready.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Actually, they should be holding on to the front of the holster, but not actually have a grip on the firearm. The reason is that in Canada, you can be charged with assault if you get in even a mild disagreement while holding a weapon. Yet with your hand folded over the front of the holster, it is only a twist of the wrist and you are into the draw.

I know, most of the guys actually hold on to the butt. That is not how they are trained.

You mean. . . cops and security people often let their laziness and sense of inadequacy override their training?

Say it ain't so, Joe!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Oh, yeah. I remember when we deployed on a security alert, and one of my brighter sparks's magazine fell out of his M-16.

I sent him back inside and told him to "monitor communications."

Can't fix stupid.

Confession time.

Once I returned from a full shift when we were still carrying revolvers. With my partner, I walked to the un load barrel, drew my revolver, popped the cylinder open and tipped the barrel up to dump the rounds in my hand. Nothing came out. I had been carrying an empty gun all night. My partner cracked up.

"What's so #$*&*NG funny?!" I demanded.

"The look on your face" he replied.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

I know, some of the guys actually hold on to the butt. That is not how they are trained.

Back in the day, they used to draw the weapon before they exited the truck, and carry it in their hand. They still do that in the USA.

You need to be ready.
That's almost what I told her but I added that it reinforces the mind set that you might have to use that weapon without hesitation....
Because of what happened to me when I started carrying while prospecting
A raven attacked me, and when I realized that the stick I was trying to pick up to beat him off was actually a small tree root stuck in the ground.
After getting properly scratched, I remembered the sidearm I was carrying, and fired off a shot in the air to just scare him because I could also see that it was trying to protect a chick that had fallen out of the nest.
The next time I needed it I was mentally ready and had that ruger out in no time, but luckily never had to fire a shot.