NFL dying

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It sure does. DAllas Cowboys worth $4 billion?

and they suck.

Oh, yeah! That they do.

Probably proof positive of the economic maxim that "value" is what someone is willing to pay for something. It has no relationship to that thing's utility.

Pet rocks were another example.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I wouldn't pay $4 billion for an NFL Franchise these days. If i had $4B to spare that is. American Football one of those sports that has become so bloated, contrived and overhyped that its got nowhere to go but down. Seems to me its glory days were in 60s and 70s. Now its just become a commercial and political albatross.. a platform for proselytization and political correctness. I actually think a small fix would be just to lose the national anthems in all sports in North America, like they do in Europe.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I wouldn't pay $4 billion for an NFL Franchise these days. If i had $4B to spare that is. American Football one of those sports that has become so bloated, contrived and overhyped that its got nowhere to go but down. Seems to me its glory days were in 60s and 70s. Now its just become a commercial and political albatross.. a platform for proselytization and political correctness. I actually think a small fix would be just to lose the national anthems in all sports in North America, like they do in Europe.

despite the alleged death knell, NFL franchise values and Sunday TV ratings continue to go upward:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/...tball-monday-night-football-cowboys-patriots/

Monday night ratings are up as well:

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-sept-24-2018/

Too bad MNF is only available on cable tv rather than network tv as the ratings would definitely go higher.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
NFL heiress Kent Cooke going to trial in glass purse attack
Brad Hunter
Published:
September 26, 2018
Updated:
September 26, 2018 2:45 PM EDT
Jacqueline Kent Cooke says SHE was the victim in her New York City altercation. FACEBOOK
Canadian NFL heiress Jacqueline Kent Cooke is headed for trial for an alleged booze-fuelled New Year’s Eve assault.
The big bucks blond is accused of slugging a California lawyer with her glass clutch purse and shouting anti-Semitic slurs at an elderly woman.
Cops initially investigated the incident as a hate crime because Cooke reportedly told the woman in a restaurant coat check line: “Hurry up, Jew”.
According to the New York Daily News, Cooke appeared briefly in Manhattan Criminal Court on Tuesday for setting a trial date in her misdemeanor assault case.
Matthew Haberkorn claims heiress Jacqueline Kent Cooke bloodied him with her glass purse and launched into a racist tirade. Matthew Haberkorn/ INSTAGRAM
The man she allegedly attacked, Matthew Haberkorn, 52, was seen in a cell phone video bleeding from his face. He was given a desk appearance ticket to face a count-complaint and charges related to his alleged role.
The district attorney dismissed the charges against Haberkorn.
Cooke’s father was famed Canadian businessman Jack Kent Cooke who owned newspapers, magazines and the old Toronto Maple Leafs of the International League.
Jacqueline Kent Cooke chills on a tropical beach. INSTAGRAM
He later went on to own the Washington Redskins, Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Kings.
Cooke has said she was roughed up and suffered a broken finger in the ensuing melee.
Prosecutors reportedly are looking for a three-month jolt in jail for the 30-year-old heiress. She has declined a plea deal.
She had previously been busted for DWI in Boston and called the arresting cops “gay”.
Jacqueline Kent Cooke has been in trouble with the law before. She was nabbed in Boston for drunk driving. For good measure she flashed a cop and called him “gay”. BOSTON POLICE
Cooke denied calling the elderly woman a “Jew”.
She told the New York Post last spring that she said: “Excuse me, I have to get through.”
“She clearly didn’t hear what I said, and immediately screamed at the top of her lungs, ‘She called me a Jew!’”

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/nfl-heiress-kent-cooke-going-to-trial-in-glass-purse-attack

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
NFL Week 4 Overnights: CBS, NBC Lead Another Ratings Gain

October 1, 2018
Saints-Giants yesterday helped CBS see a 14% ratings gain for its national window Photo: GETTY IMAGES For the four traditional Sunday windows in Week 4, the NFL saw overnight ratings rise by 7%. CBS and NBC led the way with matching 12.3 rating ...

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2018/10/01/Media/NFL-TV.aspx

For a league that is "dying", the tv ratings keep going upward. Too bad MNF is on ESN rather than network tv or those ratings would be higher.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
NFL is "dying" ???

NFL continues its year-to-year gains on NBC ... NBC's Sunday Night Football telecast was up year-to-year for the fourth straight week in preliminary numbers: It averaged a 12.4 household rating in metered markets, a 17 percent bump versus the same night in 2017. The Texans-Cowboys game was on par with last week's 12.3 ...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...iors-nfl-tv-ratings-sunday-oct-7-2018-1150123

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
No need for President Trump to worry: NFL's TV ratings doing just fine

Trump's ... sent Vice President Mike Pence to Indianapolis last season so he could walk out in a huff – a stunt that cost taxpayers at least $325,000 ...

NFL is still king

NFL ratings are not tanking in response to the player protests ... The NFL isn't dying and its TV ratings aren't plummeting. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Even the president.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ry-nfl-tv-ratings-doing-just-fine/1577261002/

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
NFL ratings are not tanking in response to the player protests ... The NFL isn't dying...

Nobody really cared what the snowflakes thought. Obviously, if kneeling players twists your knickers, you're too sensitive to handle NFL football