Trudeau's Alleged Groping Incident Won't Go away

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
https://www.narcity.com/news/justin-trudeau-finally-responds-to-those-groping-accusations

From the article...

According to various media, the Prime Minister “remembers being in” Creston for the festival, “but doesn’t think he had any negative interactions there.” In other words, he cannot confirm nor deny.
In the original editorial piece about the groping incident, which was published 18 years ago in the Creston Valley Advance local newspaper, Trudeau reportedly apologized with, “I'm sorry. If I had known you were reporting for a national paper, I never would have been so forward.”

If the woman in question decides to come forward, this could become radioactive.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
https://www.narcity.com/news/justin-trudeau-finally-responds-to-those-groping-accusations

From the article...

According to various media, the Prime Minister “remembers being in” Creston for the festival, “but doesn’t think he had any negative interactions there.” In other words, he cannot confirm nor deny.
In the original editorial piece about the groping incident, which was published 18 years ago in the Creston Valley Advance local newspaper, Trudeau reportedly apologized with, “I'm sorry. If I had known you were reporting for a national paper, I never would have been so forward.”

If the woman in question decides to come forward, this could become radioactive.
Apparently that is only one of many , time will tell .

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Unless someone comes forward, I don't think the allegations should even make it into the media. A source not willing to stand and accuse is not a source, but a rumor.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Why the 'Kokanee Grope' really matters...

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada...grope-matters-but-not-for-the-obvious-reason/

From the article...

...any admission on the Prime Minister’s part would subject him to the high standards of behaviour he demands from others. The fact he refuses to make himself accountable to those very standards is why the “Kokanee Grope” matters.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Unless someone comes forward, I don't think the allegations should even make it into the media. A source not willing to stand and accuse is not a source, but a rumor.

Trudeau disagrees with you.

Trudeau says zero tolerance on misconduct toward women applies to him as well

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says women who come forward with complaints of sexual assault and harassment must be supported and believed.

When asked if any of his past actions could be misconstrued, Trudeau said he didn't think so.

"This is something that I'm not new to. I've been working on issues around sexual assault for over 25 years.

Trudeau said if allegations surfaced against him the same standards would apply.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This is actually going to bolster Trudeau's image if he handles it right.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Trudeau painted himself into a corner whether he's guilty or not. If he denies the allegation however courteously, he'll be calling the complainant a liar in our present way of thinking and that's not acceptable. So even if he's innocent, the best he can do is say he can't recall the incident.

Well Trudeau, you painted yourself into a corner, now let's see how you'll wiggle out of it.

This is actually going to bolster Trudeau's image if he handles it right.

How does he handle it right? He'd been preaching about always believing all women until they're proved wrong. So even if he's innocent, how does he proclaim his innocence while still believing all women, always, until she's proved a liar?

He painted himself into a corner and so now, whether he's innocent or not, unless he can prove his innocence, he should do the right thing according to his own standard and resign. He made his bed, he can sleep in it.