2018 CFL Season

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

I've been using wood pellets for over a decade now. They are far cheaper than any other litter and unless you let cleaning the box go to long there is little if any odor except for a faint hint of wet wood.

We have two cats. One is a toughy who was born in a barn (jet black ... my wife's animal familiar) and she will poop in portland cement, of that's what you put in the pan. The other is a pauncy snob ... Seal-point Siamese of obviously noble extraction who will poop ANYWHERE except in the pan if everything is not EXACTLY RIGHT.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
GORGEOUS!

Hardwood or pine?

Hold on............I'll have to go downstairs and have a look at the bag.....didn't find the type of wood on the bag. They come from Eagle Valley company in Princeton, BC. Whatever they are they work great.

Since it was pre-season, why didn't they just call the game and be done with it?

It was the first official CFL game of the season, IRBS - preseason ended last week.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
We have two cats. One is a toughy who was born in a barn (jet black ... my wife's animal familiar) and she will poop in portland cement, of that's what you put in the pan. The other is a pauncy snob ... Seal-point Siamese of obviously noble extraction who will poop ANYWHERE except in the pan if everything is not EXACTLY RIGHT.

I have one cat a Persian/Siamese mix who never ever stops meowing - sheesh. Miri took about a week to get used to the pellets. At first she was picking them up with her mouth and carrying them upstairs as if to ask - 'what the hell are these?' but once she got used to them it was fair sailing. I pay $4.95 for an 18.1 kg bag and it generally last Miri anywhere from six to seven months. I figure I've saved a small fortune considering what I used to pay for other types of kitty litter.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Siamese NEVER shut up. The jungles of Thailand must run at 120 decibels.

I've never heard of wood pellets litter, before (corn cob, yes), it is obviously a biproduct of wood processing. I will see if it is available around here. We are a long as from where they harvest trees and besides, this us Ti-Cat country and that drives the price of kitty litter up to the stratosphere.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is there a flavour difference?

I dunno, lick your paws and get back to me.

Ok. Not used to season starting so early.

It's a beautiful thing.

I've never heard of wood pellets litter, before (corn cob, yes), it is obviously a biproduct of wood processing. I will see if it is available around here. We are a long as from where they harvest trees and besides, this us Ti-Cat country and that drives the price of kitty litter up to the stratosphere.

Pine is sold as litter, hardwood for pellet stoves. Pine is $7 10KG, hardwood $7 for 20kg.

The cats and lawn like both.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

EVER - :roll: I don't know how many times I've looked at her and said...'I'm going to have your vocal chords surgically removed'. She always meows right back. LOL. What can you do.

I buy them at our local Feed Store. I'm sure a bing search would find a dealer for you.

Ok. Not used to season starting so early.

It was one of Randy's changes, IRBS. I like the longer season. Hell I wish the season started the day after the Stanley Cup final. :lol:

It's a beautiful thing.

That it is, pete........that it is.

Pine is sold as litter, hardwood for pellet stoves. Pine is $7 10KG, hardwood $7 for 20kg.
Prices are cheaper here because we have more trees. :p:lol:

The cats and lawn like both.
So does the compost.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Canadian Tire for hardwood. Peavy Mart has both as well as alfalfa and straw pellets.

I'll stick with the feed store. They are in 100 Mile whereas Canadian Tire is in Willy's Puddle. I like the price. I like the product. My Miri is happy. Its all good. :smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I get mine at CO-OP. I don't shop in stores I don't own unless I have to.

Our family were members of the CO-OP when I was growing up in Saskatchewan, pete. We don't have any CO-OPs here. I do belong to the Credit Union. I figure owning a piece of my bank is pretty cool. :lol:

I have to say Zach looks real good in Rider Green.

Pete, is the Rider store selling those Humboldt Strong Pins? They are beautiful.

Beautiful moving tribute to the First Responders who attended the Broncos' bus crash - all 80 of them. The last image of the crosses outlined against the setting sun just did me in, all over again.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If not at the Rider Store the Pats Store will. I'll pick up a few of the Humboldt Strong items going around and send them next week.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
OK just to set something straight right now - Johnny Manzeil is not going to be Doug Flutie.

He may develop into a good QB but he is not the runner Flutie was. He can handle the run option, but that is not a thing in Canadian football and he is no Doug Flutie.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
JOhnny Football has some great pedigree. His college career was legendary. But pro ball is about being smart and seeing the field. That is what made Flutie great up here.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So far, our D has been keeping us in the game. Our first two offensive series were not something one wants to remember. Things picked up a bit once Zack settled down but we only have one point on the board with :39 seconds left in the 1rst Q. Good news is, Argos only have one point, so we are tied.

Our D just sacked Ricky!