Smile! You’ve Got Socialized Healthcare!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I'll gladly take your socialized medicine any day. In fact Canadian hockey yell out "we got health care" all the time for a good reason.

That system comes with a hefty price.

There's a reason that only 3 nations on the globe have this specific system and being in the company of Cuba and North Korea ain't exactly a feather in one's cap

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Canada's world ranking is well above the USA's. That's good enough for me.

That doesn't say much since we have Obamacare in the U.S. Obamacare is a disaster, millions losing health care. Obamacare exchanges overpriced and folding like cards.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
He'll say it is because of Trump but the fact is that the Republicans failed to repeal and replace Obamacare so Obamacare is still the Law of the Land and is still in place.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Obama's plan was heavily flawed from the get-go

It kind of baffles me why the U.S. has such a problem implementing Health plan. Would it have anything to do with people not understanding the cost to deliver certain procedures? (come on Bones, you should be able to answer this)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It kind of baffles me why the U.S. has such a problem implementing Health plan. Would it have anything to do with people not understanding the cost to deliver certain procedures? (come on Bones, you should be able to answer this)

It has a lot to do with not understanding the cost of health care in general. The Democrats thought they had it all figured out and it got them flushed from state and federal offices.

Now the U.S is stuck with Obamacare to this very day.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The question gopher should be asking is 'why' the US's ranking is where it is

Greed. When you put profits before people, the service gets seriously flawed.

By the way, Trump promised everyone would have coverage under his regime. So far, no good.

Obama's plan was heavily flawed from the get-go

Of course, there was no plan in place before he created ACA. As noted previously 45,000 Americans died every year as a result.

Funny how none of the right wingers ever concerned themselves with that.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Greed. When you put profits before people, the service gets seriously flawed. As noted previously 45,000 Americans died every year as a result.

Utter lefty bullshit.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

By the way, Trump promised everyone would have coverage under his regime. So far, no good.

Medicare and Medicaid got stretched to the point of ineffectiveness.

There is also a very active component in terms of unrealistic expectations as well, this also contributes to the effectiveness of any system.... Just look at the Canadian model, that alone should be enough to convince you of that

Of course, there was no plan in place before he created ACA. As noted previously 45,000 Americans died every year as a result.

Yes there were plans in place... You are over exaggerating if you claim otherwise

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Medicare and Medicaid got stretched to the point of ineffectiveness.

I'm on Medicare now. Contrary to your mythic beliefs, it is working just like ACA did for me.

And as usual, Wally is talking with a mouth full of shít while benefiting from his health care coverage.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'm on Medicare now. Contrary to your mythic beliefs, it is working just like ACA did for me.

And as usual, Wally is talking with a mouth full of shít while benefiting from his health care coverage.
I’d rather be covered under the pre-BHOcare cuz it was much better than what we have here in Canada.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

But we still have Obamacare.

Now even more are dying and more are losing their coverage because of Obamacare.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Obamacare Stabilized Last Year. Then Trump Screwed Things Up.
By JORDAN WEISSMANN

https://slate.com/business/2018/05/was-obamacare-working-yes-until-trump-came-along.html

One of the big early problems with Obamacare was that insurance companies couldn’t make any money off of it. They charged premiums that were too low, enrolled patients that were sicker than expected, and ended up in the red. Facing these losses, some carriers pulled out of the market entirely, leaving many parts of the country with just a single insurer to choose from, and leading to questions about whether the whole law might unravel.

But new data suggests that, in 2017, the market finally stabilized. For every dollar they collected in premiums last year, insurers paid out 82 cents on medical claims on average, according to a recent report by the Kaiser Family Foundation. That’s down from 96 cents in 2016 and $1.03 in 2015. “After several years, the remaining insurers figured out how to earn a profit in the individual insurance market,” Kaiser Senior Vice President Larry Levitt told me.

The main reason is fairly simple: Insurers hiked their premiums sharply, pushing them up by 22 percent, while claims only increased by 5 percent. These increases obviously weren’t ideal for customers who were stuck paying full price. But by pushing premiums high enough that insurers could finally make a buck, this dramatic, one-time adjustment, should have set the market up for much gentler, single-digit price increases in the future.

But things didn’t quite work out that way. Thanks to Donald Trump’s decision to stop paying key subsidies to insurers, premiums shot up once again this year. Early evidence suggests they’ll rise by double digits once again in 2019 in order for insurers to avoid losing money, largely because Republicans chose to repeal Obamacare’s individual mandate, which kept insurance prices down to some degree by requiring all adults to obtain coverage. These coming premium increases shouldn’t hurt Americans who receive subsidies to buy insurance on the exchanges, since the tax credits cap premiums as a percentage of their income. But middle class families that don’t get financial help are going to take a hit, and many could be priced out of the market.

Again, this could have easily been avoided, had Republicans just left the law alone, instead of trying with every ounce of their power to wreck it. For a hot second, Obamacare was working roughly as intended. And now it’s broken again.

Democrats fix things up and RepubliCONs screw it again, this time under Trump.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Keep trying Gopher. Big fonts will never relieve you of the terrible burden you carry... the failure of Obamacare.

Republicans failed a number of times to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Obamacare is the law of the land and it will forever be a dark stain on the Democrat Party.

Obamacare is making Americans sicker and sicker each day

Each day more and more people die... because of Obamacare. Millions lost their insurance. Millions who had insurance had their plans cancelled.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan." ~ Obama

Obama lied... children died.

Gimmee it