Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It means I don't believe you.

Based on what? Your own extensive military experience?

Tough shit.

I don't believe that you're a real Canadian.

Asshole.

Garden-variety Jody. Pay it no mind. Nothing will change the fact that we're in the brotherhood, and nothing will change the fact he never quite had the stones to step up.

"Every man thinks less of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea."

-- Dr. Samuel Johnson

Surely the wisdom of someone so white and British as Dr. Johnson has to be something petros can't disagree with.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Apres vous.

What makes you believe him?

I believe any claim on this board that does not seem outrageous, like a claim of great wealth or great fame, because I have no effective way of proving one way or t'other.

What's the point of claiming somebody's a liar, without extensive evidence to back up that claim?

We're aware you don't like Curious. No need to make yourself even more of a jerk about it.

I believe you're a farmer in Flatkatchewan. I believe you have an advanced degree in geology. I believe you have a family. I could claim none of that's true, and you're actually an unemployed drunk in Toronto. But what's the point?

Apres vous.

K, here goes. I've seen the sun rise over the Berlin Wall and set over Mt. Fuji. I held the line against the only existential threat the U.S. (and Canada, by the way) has faced since 1814. And I'm standing, and it's not.

I win.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm far from being the first to call him out and have given him the benefit of the doubt for the past few years.

Today that ended.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm far from being the first to call him out and have given him the benefit of the doubt for the past few years.

Today that ended.

Because you received what new evidence? Surely you're enough of a scientist to not change your view without new data.

I'm far from being the first to call him out

Seriously? Argumentum ad populam?

Real scientific there, buddy.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nothing new, just a long string of bits and pieces that don't fit and trusting the judgement of those who do have the background.

I concur with their findings.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Today that ended.

What? I'm supposed to list out my service record for Random Guy from ****nutzSask on a uncontrolled trollfest? Whatever. I was a Stoker in Marcom 1973-77 East Coast. (Marlant) That's what we used to call our "naval infantry"

What do you guys call the Krasniflot, these days, Russian Troll.?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Would you believe somebody was military if they told you precision in a tactical situation was just in the movies?

I certainly wouldn't believe anyone who said precision in a tactical situation was possible in real life was ever in combat. In the military? Maybe. You can serve with honor without ever leaving Kansas.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I certainly wouldn't believe anyone who said precision in a tactical situation was possible in real life was ever in combat. In the military? Maybe. You can serve with honor without ever leaving Kansas.

This guy is all "Steven Segal" movie and probably a dash of some gaming software. The Mounties could make use of "tactical weapons" but, ironically, they don't have them for the most part. Random Russian Troll in Fuccknutz Sask with never, ever need one.

Not ever.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Boiler room? What did you need a rifle for, to shoot rats?

Not sure how y'all do it in Canada, but in the U.S. military everybody is trained with a rifle.

And I can see how, on a small vessel, members of the crew who ordinarily worked in engineering or even the galley would have a secondary duty of security. I was in intelligence, and my desire for something a little more oo-rah is what led to some interesting times and my small disability pension.

Amazing what kind of out-of-job-title excitement you can get up to in the service.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Boiler room? What did you need a rifle for, to shoot rats?

"Stoker" is a general term for any enlisted man in Engineering but yes, some boiler rooms. The RCN just got it of the steamer business when (my beloved) Protecteur was paid off a few years ago after a big, onboard fire.

Everybody gets small arms training. Everyone shot FNs and Browning 9mm. Maybe, that's the key. When you get to play with stuff like that when you're a teenager, you don't need to seek it out as an adult.

I also used to compete in indoor ranges in armouries using Lee Enfields with .22 conversions. They weigh a ton but what a nice, steady target rifle ...

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This guy is all "Steven Segal" movie and probably a dash of some gaming software. The Mounties could make use of "tactical weapons" but, ironically, they don't have them for the most part. Random Russian Troll in Fuccknutz Sask with never, ever need one.

Not ever.

Meet the RCMP carbine tactical rifle.

See, this is why I don't believe you.

Did you know RCMP is militia?

They used these as hand grenades on the Taliban.