Trudeau roundly mocked for political, fashion blunders during disaster trip to India

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been roundly mocked for a series of political, cultural, and fashion blunders during his trip to India.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi did not acknowledge his arrival on social media and sent a junior-level agricultural minister to meet him at the airport.
Indian citizens, politicians, and pundits have been ripping Trudeau for various elements of his trips, while the papers back in Canada do the same.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, normally a darling of Western media, has been roundly, and sometimes savagely, mocked for a trip to India that included cultural, fashion, and political blunders at every turn.

Trudeau's trip began to go awry right off the bat. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, known for his social-media savvy, did not make any posts welcoming Trudeau, who was greeted off the plane by a low-level agricultural minister.

On Tuesday, Trudeau's wife, Sophie, posed for a photo with Jaspal Atwal, a Sikh separatist who was once convicted of trying to assassinate an Indian politician.

Back in Canada, Trudeau's liberal party has ties to the country's Sikh community, some of whom support the Khalistan movement, which backs a new Sikh state in India's Punjab region. When Outlook India magazine pointed this out, it found itself disinvited from a dinner with Trudeau.

"Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau feted the world over as the new face of 'liberalism' seem to find it difficult to accommodate critical media coverage," the magazine wrote.

Though Trudeau assured India's government that he didn't back the separatist movement, Canada's diplomatic mission had also sent a dinner invitation to Atwal — which it later rescinded.

Cultural appropriation, or just trying too hard?
Canadian PM Trudeau mocked for political, fashion blunders in India - Business Insider

WOW, cultural appropriation, boob punching, completely destroying the economy of Canada...
not to mention the reputation of sensible Canada is now completely destroyed as well.
;)
the hypocrazy of the left for sure

We will never live this down internationally.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, normally a darling of Western media, has been roundly, and sometimes savagely, mocked for a trip to India that included cultural, fashion, and political blunders at every turn.

Buddy is in self-destruct mode... maybe he's smoking too much of the legal (or at least he promised) cannabis

On Tuesday, Trudeau's wife, Sophie, posed for a photo with Jaspal Atwal, a Sikh separatist who was once convicted of trying to assassinate an Indian politician.

Guess that it's not enough that tater tot wants to play the role of the fool, he's encouraging his wife to step into the line of fire right along with him

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well, he is a feminist, and THAT is equal rights.
;)
one never gets what government says you are going to get when THEY fix something.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

When you mock an entire county by prancing around like an idiot, fake-praying to someone else's god and dressing up in attire which portrays the epitome of cultural appropriation, one should expect to be criticized heavily.

He has been a laughing stock in this country for the better part of 2 years, the rest of the world is now just being let in on the joke which we have played on ourselves.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
He has been a laughing stock in this country for the better part of 2 years, the rest of the world is now just being let in on the joke which we have played on ourselves.

What will hurt trudeau the most is not having the unquestioned and full support of the international media.

He's not the prettiest girl at the dance anymore and that will no doubt cut him to the core

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Embarrassing, innit?

Makes you wonder about his judgement in terms of the big picture.

... Makes me think of the expression, when in Rome, do as the Romans.... With this in mind, I would completely expect trudeau to show up in Italy dressed in a toga to meet the politicians and perhaps tool around town in his gladiator gear.

It really wouldn't come as a surprise if he did

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Imagine if a Prime Minister visited Canada and dressed up as a Mountie.

I can't way to see him dressed up as a Pearly King when visiting Britain, or wearing a beret with onions round his neck when visiting France.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
So you guys care about cultural appropriation?

Odd.

No they are throwing YOUR fakenews BS right back in your face.
;)
Which is only to be expected, considering your hypoctritical behavior on the subject ...
:)
what's odd about that?

Polls of the general public Opinions regarding name change (redskins)

While varying somewhat, national opinion polls consistently indicate that a majority of the general public do not advocate a name change.

In an April 2013 poll by AP-GfK, 79 percent responded that the name should not change, 11 percent said it should change, 8 percent had no opinion and 2 percent did not answer.[2]
A June 2014 poll by the Rasmussen Reports, a polling company criticized by some as having a conservative bias, found 60 percent agreed that the name should not change, 26 percent that it should change, and 14 percent were undecided.[3]

A poll conducted by Langer Research for ESPN's "Outside the Lines" in September 2014 found 71 percent in favor of keeping the name, and 23 percent thinking the name should be changed. While finding no difference based upon race or gender, this poll found a significant political difference, with 88 percent of people who consider themselves conservative say the team should keep its name, compared to 53 percent for liberals.[4]

The 2016 annual NFL poll found significant difference of opinion based upon age and race. Older respondents are opposed to a name change, but those between 18 and 29 are strongly (70%) in favor of a change. While 77% of all white fans believe the name should not be changed, only 38% of African-American and 33% of Latino fans agree, which is a change since the 2014 poll in which there was little difference between white and non-white opinion.[5]

While not specific to the Redskins, a survey conducted in 2002 by The Harris Poll for Sports Illustrated (SI) found that 81 percent of Native Americans who live outside traditional Indian reservations and 53 percent of Indians on reservations did not find the names or images used by sports team to be discriminatory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins_name_opinion_polls

Ya fakenews Undemocratic commienaziglobalist nutbars are highlarious!
:)
the facts kill you every time you open that desperate gaping slathering yap!

Funny you picked a shot where we can't see what SHRUB the globalist superpower leader, was wearing...while Harper ( no matter how much I didn't like him) is plainly wearing something they gave him OVER HIS NORMAL CLOTHES!

At least he had some actual Indians to hang out with.

Imagine if a Prime Minister visited Canada and dressed up as a Mountie.

I can't way to see him dressed up as a Pearly King when visiting Britain, or wearing a beret with onions round his neck when visiting France.

Yeah British royalty has set more than their share of style modes here, even the beaver hat was worn by the kings and court at the time to get people to follow suit, and that's what paid for the colonization of this country.

I would have thought Trudeau would have learned from that example of how ( right or wrong)
a ruler does things. It is in the text books, but maybe not at drama school.

Even his dad ( right or wrong) set style many times, and at least provided an example of canadian style internationally.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
So you guys care about cultural appropriation?

Odd.

Cultural appropriation?

Local Indians don't even dress that way... tater tot didn't appropriate anything, he simply insulted the world's 2nd most populated nation by mocking their dress

Your messiah talking to a Bollywood personality

Notice how the dude that is Bollywood wasn't dressed up as a retarded minstrel?

PS - poor tater tot Jr... He's got to be the laughing stock among his friends and anyone his age

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I have an indian buddy here in Ontario, he dresses bollywood like that, except he does wear a turban too, which actually suits him, but he does do amazing things with curry and a pressure cooker...and a computer ( he has an engineering degree.)

Which is why Canadians hired him 'cause ( liberal education policy) we don't make them like him much.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Cultural appropriation?

Local Indians don't even dress that way... tater tot didn't appropriate anything, he simply insulted the world's 2nd most populated nation by mocking their dress

Your messiah talking to a Bollywood personality

Notice how the dude that is Bollywood wasn't dressed up as a retarded minstrel?

PS - poor tater tot Jr... He's got to be the laughing stock among his friends and anyone his age
Nice shoes , but even the Indian gent knows how uncomfortable they are .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing will ever come close to tater tot dressing himself and family (on multiple occasions on 1 trip) in such a garish manner.

The Liberal Party really ought to be ashamed