Gerald Stanley Not Guilty

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Maybe the Crown is sifting through the posts here. A few people might get a knock on the door. :lol:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If your property is threatened, you have no right to defend it with a gun. Our criminal code says that. The same applies in almost all of the United States
Survey says? Bzzzzzz Wrong. Only 1/3 of US states are "Duty to retreat states". All the others have some variation of stand your ground and/or castle doctrine.
Hell, even California has castle doctrine laws on their books.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
And yet it's the nazis who confiscated everyone's guns in Germany. Even the Liberal and NDP gun ban orgies make no sense.
The first such orgy took place after the L'Ecole Polytechnique massacre. Yet ironically, the rifle model used in that massacre is still available to legally purchase and own, sort of. Here's what I mean.

This Ruger mini-14 is perfectly legal to own in Canada.

This Ruger Mini-14 is a restricted weapon, despite the fact the only thing that's altered is the appearance. It still has the same muzzle velocity and rate of fire as the above model.

Add a folding stock to either of them and it becomes a prohibited weapon. A lot of firearms that made it to the restricted and prohibited categories weren't banned because they were high performance weapons, they were banned simply because they looked scary. The Ruger min-14 and its cosmetic variants are proof of that, and just one example of overreaching govt regulations when it comes to firearms.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I have a question. Did Stanley even realize Boushie was native at the time of the incident? Or did he just feel threatened by a young group in a car with a weapon?

If the answer is 'no', then why is this case about race in the first place?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have a question. Did Stanley even realize Boushie was native at the time of the incident? Or did he just feel threatened by a young group in a car with a weapon?

Because the victim was indigenous?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Do you think it really matters to the ALT-leftoids? The narrative is what's important and in this case a White guy shot and killed a Native guy. It doesn't matter the circumstances surrounding it. He's guilty and a racist because he's White and the jury were obviously a bunch of racists as well.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I thought it was odd to have the Prime Minister express sympathy for the family of the victim. I thought he should have also expressed sympathy for the other family involved. Or maybe he did and it was not reported.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
JLM,

I get that, but if Stanley didn't realize the occupants of the car were native, doesn't that kind of not make this incident about race? It's about a confused farmer who felt threatened and panicked is it not?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Has anyone considered how many times he has been robbed in the past?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
And yet it's the nazis who confiscated everyone's guns in Germany. Even the Liberal and NDP gun ban orgies make no sense.
The first such orgy took place after the L'Ecole Polytechnique massacre. Yet ironically, the rifle model used in that massacre is still available to legally purchase and own, sort of. Here's what I mean.

This Ruger mini-14 is perfectly legal to own in Canada.

This Ruger Mini-14 is a restricted weapon, despite the fact the only thing that's altered is the appearance. It still has the same muzzle velocity and rate of fire as the above model.

Add a folding stock to either of them and it becomes a prohibited weapon. A lot of firearms that made it to the restricted and prohibited categories weren't banned because they were high performance weapons, they were banned simply because they looked scary. The Ruger min-14 and its cosmetic variants are proof of that, and just one example of overreaching govt regulations when it comes to firearms.

I'm sorry, but your post is completely incorrect as it concerns the Mini 14.

The 18 1/2 inch barreled version of the Ruger Mini 14 is completely unrestricted in Canada unless it is put in a bullpup stock.

Handiest rifle known to man. I've owned on since 1978.

justlooking

Council Member
May 19, 2017
I thought it was odd to have the Prime Minister express sympathy for the family of the victim. I thought he should have also expressed sympathy for the other family involved. Or maybe he did and it was not reported.

You know full well he didn't express anything for the Stanleys.