Darwin Awards

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dog on crack cocaine mauls owner to death
Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:06 AM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:16 AM EDT
A British man had his larynx crushed in the jaws of a dog on crack cocaine, a coroner's court heard recently.
According to the U.K. Independent, North London resident Mario Perivoitos, 41, died last month after being mauled to death by his Staffordshire bull terrier, Major.
The incident occurred last March while a BBC film crew was at Perivoitos' home filming Drugs Map of Britain, a documentary on drugs.
The Independent reported Perivoitos became ill after having an epileptic seizure as a result of ingesting cocaine. The man was lying on his bed when Major attacked him, attaching himself to Perivoitos' neck.
The film crew called for emergency response after wrestling the dog off his owner.
Perivoitos was rushed to hospital with severe injuries to his face and neck, along with hemorrhaging and a crushed larynx. He later died of his injuries.
A North London coroner's court heard the dog's behaviour could've been triggered by crack cocaine, the U.K. Guardian reported.
Veterinary toxicologist Nicholas Carmichael told the inquest the dog had high levels of cocaine and morphine in his urine.
“It is very likely that this dog had consumed drugs, probably eaten them,” Carmichael said. “It is almost impossible to say whether that will make the dog attack, but it does make them respond abnormally.
“They become very excited and agitated. It is more likely that this attack happened because this dog had taken cocaine.”
Coroner Andrew Walker stated the dog likely ate the drug and was provoked by Perivoitos during his seizure.
Police say the dog was scheduled to be put down, but it's unknown whether it has happened yet.
http://twitter.com/raulbrindis/status/847794073410973696/photo/1
http://independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho...taffordshire-bull-terrier-mario-a7941901.html
http://theguardian.com/uk-news/2017...-dog-mauled-owner-probably-took-crack-cocaine
[youtube]aT_9qc3nxQs[/youtube]
Dog on crack cocaine mauls owner to death | World | News | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
British teen dies after eating own hair
Postmedia Network
First posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 08:53 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, September 15, 2017 08:58 AM EDT
A British teenager who had been eating her hair for years died last week after a hairball caused her stomach to become infected.
According to the Skegness Standard, 16-year-old Jasmine Beever became sick on Sept. 7, days before starting school at Lincolnshire Regional College, where she would've studied hair and beauty.
Beever collapsed at the school and was rushed to hospital. Doctors were able to revive the teen but she died later that day.
An autopsy performed on Beever showed a hairball in her stomach had caused peritonitis – an infection of abdomen tissue, which eventually created a burst in her ulcer that shut down her organs, Lincolnshire Live reported.
The teen's mother, Donna Marshall, described Beever as a “bubbly” person who was “one of those kids where she would make a sad face in the room smile.”
“She was such a darling,” Marshall told Lincolnshire Live. “I am going to miss her terribly. We are all in shock.”
Citing the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, Fox News reported people who consume their own hair are likely diagnosed with Rapunzel syndrome, which is caused by a psychiatric disorder known as trichophagia – the compulsive eating of hair.
Jasmine Beever (left) died on Sept. 7 after a hairball in her stomach became infected. (Facebook Photo)

Auction to help family after tragic death of Skegness teenager - Skegness Standard
'I will miss her terribly' - shock as teen dies after mysterious illness - Lincolnshire Live
‘Rapunzel syndrome’ teen dies from eating her own hair | New York Post
British teen dies after eating own hair | World | News | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Broken-hearted snake handler livestreams suicide
By Brad Hunter, Toronto Sun
First posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 06:52 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 07:00 PM EDT
Video blogger Arslan Valeev — a well-known Russian snake expert — let his deadly black mamba bite his hand as he livestreamed his suicide.
Viewers then watched as the 31-year-old deteriorated before their eyes.
Valeev had been devastated by the recent break-up of his marriage and showed viewers where the poisonous reptile had bit him.
Eventually, his limbs became numb and viewers didn’t see the former zoo employee’s actual demise — it’s believed he died minutes after the livestream ended.
The snake handler had recently accused his wife Ekaterina ‘Katya’ Pyatyzhkina of cheating on him and he allegedly battered her for it and she suffered a concussion. Valeev later publicly apologized.
A pal told Russian media that Valeev remained sad over the split.
And on the livestream, he gave out her phone number begging her to visit him before he died.
“This is Katya’s number, if someone manages to call her, if she has time to come to me and see me, I would be happy,” he told his thousands of viewers.
“In fact I’m already dying. Farewell. I would be glad to see Katya. Damn, I’m shaking.”
One viewer called an ambulance but by the time it arrived, it was too late.
But before his fatal production, Valeev was open when it came to his searing heartache.
“I cannot describe in words the extent of my disappointment with myself,” he said. “I cannot describe the shock that I experience every day when I wake up in this new world without someone I have lost and deserved to lose, who I was with a couple of seconds ago in a dream.”
He added: “If it makes you feel better, it hurts and I’m lonely. I know what to do, I’ve heard a lot of advice, but the feeling of emptiness and a broken life can only pass with time.
“Miracles do not happen, we do not live in a fairy tale.”
Ekaterina ‘Katya’ Pyatyzhkina.

Broken-hearted snake handler livestreams suicide | World | News | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Pal cleared in topless woman’s death
By Brad Hunter, Toronto Sun
First posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 03:07 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 16, 2017 03:49 PM EDT
Natalia Borodina was having the time of her life.
The uninhibited Russian model and real estate entrepreneur was being filmed frolicking topless in a car in the Dominican Republic when tragedy struck.
Like a scene out of Six Feet Under, Borodina’s head was smashed against a road sign, killing her.
“The woman was having fun demonstrating her naked breasts while her companion drove the car,” said Muscovite Komsomolets newspaper.
Now, her party pal, Ivanna Boiarchuk, 32, who was filming Borodina’s bosomy antics has been cleared of “unintentional murder.” Cops originally held her on suspicion of driving drunk.
Instead, the Dominican court decided the horrific accident was Borodina’s own fault.
“She is beautiful, she looks after herself,” Boiarchuk’s aunt told Ukranian media.
“She graduated from two universities in Kiev, then went to study in Spain. She went to the Dominican Republic to work. She is an interpreter, fluent in English, plus has legal education.”
Borodina most recently lived in Cannes where she dabbled in real estate. She had an 11-year-old son from a previous marriage.
“She helped her poor family with everything,” her friend Elena Korolyova said. “Nobody else worked, only Natalia.”
Korolyova added: “She wanted to get everything, she was hoping for a better future.”
Natalia Borodina (FACEBOOK)

Pal cleared in topless woman

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
DUBLIN, GEORGIA - A 20-year-old college student is dead and his friend is charged with murder in his death that reportedly started with an argument about the Bible.

Jacquell Smith was shot twice in the head Sunday at a home on Azalea Drive in Dublin. Charged in the shooting is Raekwon Pauldo, 21.

"Apparently two friends got into an argument," Dublin police Chief Tim Chatman said Monday. "These are friends. They've been knowing each other for a long time. They were arguing over stuff that didn't make any sense. As a result of that argument, one of the gentlemen just shot him - shot him in the head twice."

When asked what the argument was about, Chatman said, "... at one point in time they were arguing over the Bible, about forgiveness," the chief said, "and then that turned to something else."

Chatman said Smith was taken to Fairview Park Hospital where he was pronounced dead. He says investigators quickly identified and arrested Pauldo as the suspect.

"He was a college student trying to get an education," a frustrated Chatman said about Smith. "He was in a house ... they all knew one another ... in fact there were some parents there ... and it went from zero to one hundred in a matter of seconds over nothing."

"You have a young man who's trying to get a college education, lost his life by the hands of a friend and it doesn't make sense, these senseless acts of violence we're seeing all over our country that we're killing one another like flies," Chatman said.

Argument Over Bible, Forgiveness Leads to Man Being Shot Twice in Head, Say Police | wltx.com

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Darwinism - if there actually was such a thing - is about members of species acquiring an advantage in breeding due to a genetic flaw or fault. It has nothing to do with members of a species removing themselves from a gene pool through misadventure.

The sort of irony you can't invent.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

"Seeking to prove that a conspiracy of astronauts fabricated the shape of the Earth, a California man intends to launch himself 1,800 feet high on Saturday in a rocket he built from scrap metal.

Assuming the 500-mph, mile-long flight through the Mojave Desert does not kill him, Mike Hughes told the Associated Press, his journey into the atmosflat will mark the first phase of his ambitious flat-Earth space program."

A man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the earth is flat | National Post

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

"Seeking to prove that a conspiracy of astronauts fabricated the shape of the Earth, a California man intends to launch himself 1,800 feet high on Saturday in a rocket he built from scrap metal.

Assuming the 500-mph, mile-long flight through the Mojave Desert does not kill him, Mike Hughes told the Associated Press, his journey into the atmosflat will mark the first phase of his ambitious flat-Earth space program."

A man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the earth is flat | National Post

Oh Boy, that 'puppy' needs some help!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Satanists butcher themselves in twisted New Year's ritual
Brad Hunter
More from Brad Hunter
Published:
January 8, 2018
Updated:
January 8, 2018 2:23 PM EST
Cops say Botuseva cut herself with a blade before her unnamed beau fatally stabbed himself. FACEBOOKFACEBOOK
A pair of beach-loving Satanists died in a ritualistic double suicide on the popular Greek tourist island of Kefalonia.
Bulgarian Lilia Botuseva, 23, and her German boyfriend, 30, were found dead by the hostel owner and their corpses were soaked in blood on New Year’s Eve.
Lilia Botuseva died in a double suicide with her unnamed German boyfriend in what cops are calling a satanic rite on a Greek island. FACEBOOK
Cops say Botuseva cut herself with a blade before her unnamed beau fatally stabbed himself.
The scene looked like a horror movie gone awry, according to local coroner Angeliki Tsiola.
Inside the small room were knives, candles and a pentagram. Detectives said the deaths had the markings of an apparent satanic suicide rite.
Boutseva reportedly vanished more than six months ago and her family in Bulgaria was desperately searching for her. About a month ago she contacted them and said she was in Germany.
Lilia Botuseva died in a double suicide with her unnamed German boyfriend in what cops are calling a satanic rite on a Greek island. FACEBOOK
The pair had hired a rental car with fake plates.
Tsiola told Greek media the woman had inflicted a number of fatal wounds on herself. The man was discovered in a bathtub with a knife through his heart.

Satanists butcher themselves in twisted New Year’s ritual | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
WATCH: Man reportedly falls to death after tumbling off cliff for photo
Postmedia News
More from Postmedia News
Published:
January 9, 2018
Updated:
January 9, 2018 10:45 PM EST
A video reportedly shows a man tumble 50 metres to his death after leaping off a rock formation in southern Turkey. (TVvatanim/Facebook)
What should’ve been a nice birthday memory turned tragic after a man fell to his death in Southern Turkey recently.
According to Asian Age, a video posted on Facebook on Sunday shows birthday boy Halili Dag standing atop a rock formation at Urfa Castle in Sanliurfa, Turkey. The father of eight is seen posing on the boulder with both arms raised in the air.
Dag triumphantly jumps off the rock but loses his balance upon landing. The video then shows the man rolling towards the side of a cliff while he struggles to cling to something.
WARNING: Video contains scenes of graphic nature
Dag then rolls off the cliff and falls 50 metres. The man’s motionless body was reportedly found on the ground near a Kurdish restaurant.
He was rushed to Balikligol State Hospital in critical condition but later died.

http://facebook.com/163571153808974/videos/911217422377673
Man falls to his death off mountain while trying to get picture on birthday
WATCH: Man reportedly falls to death after tumbling off cliff for photo | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Woman posted joke meme about wanted to be killed days before her ex-lover allegedly gunned her down, along with 3 others, at a car wash
Associated Press
More from Associated Press
Published:
January 29, 2018
Updated:
January 29, 2018 12:56 AM EST
Chelsie Cline was one of four people gunned down at a Pennsylvania car wash Sunday. The alleged gunman is her ex-boyfriend Timothy Smith. On Jan. 24, she posted a meme on her Facebook page that read, "After this week, I rlly need to get taken out ... on a date or by a sniper either one is fine w me at this point." A user named "Tim Smith" responded with, "I could do both." (Facebook)
By Bruce Shipkowski, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
A man suspected of gunning down four people at a Pennsylvania car wash was driven by jealousy, according to family members of the shooting victims.
State police said Timothy Smith, 28, was armed with a semi-automatic rifle, a .308-calibre rifle and a handgun and was wearing a body armour carrier without the ballistic panels inserted when he opened fire early Sunday morning at Ed’s Car Wash in Saltlick Township, a rural town about 55 miles (89 kilometres) southeast of Pittsburgh.
Twenty-seven-year-old William Porterfield, 25-year-old Chelsie Cline, 23-year-old Courtney Snyder and 21-year-old Seth Cline were all killed.
Smith was on life support Sunday and not expected to survive after suffering a gunshot wound to his head. State police said it was possible that the gunshot wound was self-inflicted.
Authorities would not reveal how Smith knew the victims, but Chelsie Cline’s half-sister, Sierra Kolarik, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Smith had developed an obsession with Cline.
Cline shared a meme on her Facebook page last week that read, “After this week, I rlly (sic) need to get taken out … on a date or by a sniper either one is fine w me at this point.” A Facebook friend of hers named Tim Smith replied, “I could do both.”
Porterfield’s pregnant wife, Jenna Porterfield, 24, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that a state police investigator told her that Smith was a jealous former boyfriend of Cline.
A photo of shooting victim William Porterfield sits under a lit candle along the wall of Ed’s Car Wash after a deadly shooting Sunday, Jan. 28, 2018, in Saltlick Township, Pa. (Stephanie Strasburg/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Porterfield said that she was told by family members of other victims that her husband and Cline had spent the past two days together after Cline ended a relationship with Smith. Porterfield said that she and her husband — who were married in November — had been “having some troubles” this month.
“I’m not holding that against Will. We weren’t fighting. We were fixing. And if he was with someone else while we were having problems, honestly, I don’t care what he did. I’m not going to hold that against him,” Porterfield told the newspaper. “I’d give anything to have him back.”
State police said Smith was the first person to arrive at the scene and parked his pickup truck on the side of the two-bay car wash. They said he shot Porterfield and Cline when they got out of their car and walked to the side of the car wash.
Snyder and Seth Cline arrived in a pickup truck at the same time and were both shot and killed in their vehicle, state police said. Another unidentified woman in the rear seat took cover in the truck and survived with only minor injuries from broken glass.
Cayleigh Myers and Seth Cline. (AP Photo/Cayleigh Myers)
Cayleigh Myers said she was friends with Seth Cline, Chelsie Cline’s half-sibling, and described the construction worker as “very outgoing, very funny and very smart.”
“You always had fun when you were around him,” Myers said. “He would give his shirt off his back for you, anything, it didn’t matter what it was, what time it was, if you need him, you could call him. He was everything.”
Ed Bukovac, who owns the car wash, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that a neighbour called him around 4 a.m. Sunday and said something was wrong at his business. Bukovac said police were on the scene by the time he arrived and that he had few other details about what happened.
A man who lives nearby told the newspaper that he heard about 30 gunshots over a span of several minutes.
Ed Bukovac, who owns the car wash, told the Tribune-Review that a neighbour called him around 4 a.m. Sunday and said something was wrong at his business. Bukovac said police were on the scene by the time he arrived and that he had few other details about what happened.
A man who lives nearby told the newspaper that he heard about 30 gunshots over a span of several minutes.
State Trooper Robert Broadwater said two of the victims were found inside a pickup truck and two others were found outside in the car wash’s parking lot.
Three vehicles were towed from the location. Two were pickup trucks — including the one that two of the victims were found in — and the other was a sedan.
An officer stands guard as people comfort each other near the scene of a fatal shooting at a car wash in Melcroft, Pa., Sunday, Jan. 28, 2018. (Michael Palm /Herald-Standard via AP)

4 dead in Fayette County shooting, alleged gunman clings to life | TribLIVE
Family: Police told them ex-boyfriend killed 4, then shot self in Fayette County | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Woman posted joke meme about wanted to be killed days before her ex-lover allegedly gunned her down, along with 3 others, at a car wash | Toronto Sun