Heavy drinkers are MORE likely to live to the age of 85

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Bottoms up! Heavy drinkers are MORE likely to live to the age of 85 without dementia, according to major 30-year study

A 30-year study by the University of California, San Diego has concluded that over-65s who indulge in up to three alcoholic drinks a day can look forward to a happy and healthy retirement.
In fact, they said, moderate to heavy drinkers are more likely to live to the age of 85 without dementia or other cognitive impairments than non-drinkers.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
This is something that a few weeks ago until my setback I actually contemplated with some people.

A few weeks ago we once again heard that coffee reduces negatives in one by so many percent. We always hear that wine and chocolate do the same along with other products. Of course there is the exercise component, just 15 minutes a day they claim, or giving a short nap, and on and on it goes.

My thought that day were, well if one did everything that would improve/reduce your odds by 5% or so you would end up at 100%, basically living forever.....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
IF they live that long cause booze has sooo many other waysof killing the rest of your body before dementia usually rears its head.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
IF they live that long cause booze has sooo many other waysof killing the rest of your body before dementia usually rears its head.

Liver disease.. fella I knew pickled himself to death, they found him dead and fermenting in his bed.

I used to be a heavy drinker, but after a few visits to the hospital, puking blood and the doctor saying I had peptic ulcer and another drink would probably kill me.. I quickly gave it up.

So non-drinker (now), never smoked, never did drugs.. clean living

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Liver disease.. fella I knew pickled himself to death, they found him dead and fermenting in his bed.

Friend was drunk, leaned out the passenger side of truck to grab his hat that fell off. Landed on his head and neck and died instantly.

Friend had a few drinks in her new hot tub, relaxing...fell asleep and drowned.

Random, for sure. Booze is dangerous stuff for sure.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Wonder what the measurable negative effects it has on the children of alcoholics of both those born to alcoholic parents and those who's parents became after are.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hard to believe since alcohol is way more addictive than pot.

Interesting, I ddidn't know that. What I do know is that while alcohol is one of the less addictive drugs, it's still addictive and cutting cold turkey can kill a heavy drinker.

Inversely, though heroin is among the most addictive, while quitting cold turkey can drag user through a living hell of withdrawal, quitting cold turkey won't kill even a heavy user... it'll just make him wish he were dead until he gets over the symptoms I suppose.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I wouldn't call 3 drinks a day 'heavy drinking'. But its been well known for decades, and in popular culture for centuries, that moderate use of alcohol helps digestion, keeps arteries clearer, and likely keeps your spirits up.. all of which can lead to a longer life.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I wouldn't call 3 drinks a day 'heavy drinking'. But its been well known for decades, and in popular culture for centuries, that moderate use of alcohol helps digestion, keeps arteries clearer, and likely keeps your spirits up.. all of which can lead to a longer life.

The three drinks per day should not be served in buckets of course.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
The consumption of alcholhal became tradition because of it,s utility. They would not rape and pillage without a motivatnig catylist necessary for plundering the next village. Ask yourselves which component, beer or Jesus has shaped the christian world. I suggest the obvious, beer trumps Jesus. I would crawl over hot coals for the next beer while Jesus offers only sucking the tit of some sheep or other.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Brain damage put aside.

Idon,t consider you an authority as regards brain damage, for obvious reasons. One only has to read your offerings to determinethat both your parents were alcoholic vagrants existing on the margins of some huge junk yard. You were obviously concieved in the still intact backseat of an abandoned 56 chevy/ Akchoal was involved, lots of it/