CNN dying

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Dan....wow...never would have figured that out.

Did I cite the pee tapes?

Did I beat my wife?

Did my Mother throw me down the stairs?

You have a real problem with accountability and expect others to do the same.

You have the accountability thing backwards there ya lyin deusch.
That's whats holdin' all this up.
So you are a hypocrite too then eh?

noted.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Do liberals actually care about CNN? It seems to be singularly conservative obsession.

You do that old saying: that to annoy a Conservative you must lie to him but to annoy a LIE-beral you tell the truth! Cnn is doing a fine job of smearing Trump with this storm in a Russian Tea cup! This is NOT Watergate for a new generation- this is FAKE NEWS and it used to have various labels such as: lies, misrepresentation, speculation and propaganda!

Our own Cdn LIE-berals are doing a fine job of producing their own fake news! Consider:

Here is an article illustrating that LIE-berals have told us so many lies that now LIE-berals are attacking each other because they cannot keep track of all the lies! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Wynne Liberals discrediting McGuinty Liberals by attacking report

By Lorrie Goldstein, Toronto Sun. First posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 05:32 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 05:39 PM EST

Wynne, McGuinty bungled green energy
Shutdown of coal plants raised electricity rates, failed to reduce pollution: Report

Energy minister rips report on closing coal plants

By attacking this week’s Fraser Institute report that closing Ontario’s coal-fired electricity plants had no significant impact on provincial air quality, Premier Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals are biting off their own tails.

They are directly contradicting statements by the previous Liberal government of Dalton McGuinty a decade ago, when Ontario was campaigning to reduce U.S. cross-border emissions from 150 coal-fired plants in the American Midwest.

The Fraser study by economists Ross McKitrick and Elmira Aliakbari, first reported by the Sun, says Ontario’s closure of its five coal plants by 2014 — costing billions of dollars and helping to send electricity prices skyrocketing — did not significantly improve Ontario’s air quality.

They said since these plants weren’t major contributors to air pollution — which the Liberal government knew from its own study in 2005 — Liberal claims closing them resulted in dramatic improvements to air quality are “implausible.”

(No surprise about false air quality claims since they ARE LIE-berals!)

Ontario’s air quality, McKitrick and Aliakbari say, was mainly affected by cross-border pollution from U.S. coal plants.

(IN other words- as I have said before- LIE-beral are trying to claim credit for dying industry in U.S. and saying it is the result of THEIR actions! There was no reason not to look hard at our coal plants and ask if there were low cost ways to reduce emissions but LIE-berals never did this. Nuclear submarines have air scrubbers that allow the ships to stay underwater for months at a time- there are also air cleaners available in Europe that can be installed on a wood burning fireplace in a house to reduce emissions. LIE-berals NEVER looked to see if there might be air cleaners that we could use on our coal plants. LIE-berals simply rushed off in a gross display of greed and signed us up for green energy produced by their friends in a program so sloppy and ill conceived that it actually produces MORE carbon than would be the case if we simply used natural gas generators and scrapped the mouldy green deal!)

(And now LIE-berals have enraged the public with their price gouging and their lies about cleaner air and their the ugly show of arrogance in selling our Hydro system to their friends and calling it a good deal for the public- with LIE-beral friendly Hogs soaking up huge profits that we are not allowed to know about as LIE-berals REFUSE to show us the books! With Fraser Institute chipping away at LIE-beral camouflage that covers their lies!)

In rushing to discredit the Fraser report — because it undermines their claim that closing Ontario’s coal plants saved the health-care system $3 billion annually, thousands of lives and lowered hospital admissions — the Wynne Liberals are discrediting what the McGuinty Liberals said a decade ago.

At that time, McGuinty and his environment minister, Laurel Broten, argued most of Ontario’s coal pollution — up to 90% — came from the U.S.

Here’s McGuinty speaking in 2005: “On a typical bad air day, we know that more than 50% of the smog hovering over Ontario originates in the U.S. Midwest and Ohio Valley.”

Here’s Broten in a submission to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 2006: “More than half of the air pollution in Ontario originates in the United States, in particular from the electricity production sector. At some Ontario locations, including Sarnia and Windsor, more than 90% of the air pollution can come from U.S. sources.”

Here’s then Toronto mayor David Miller, writing in support of Broten’s submission: “Emissions from U.S. sources are responsible for between 50% and 90% of the air pollution that blankets Toronto on smog days and coal-fired plants in the Midwestern United States are the worst offenders.”

Here’s Dr. David V.J. Bell, former dean of York University’s faculty of environmental studies: “Most of the air pollution effecting Ontario residents comes from the Midwestern states in the U.S.”

In 2006, on behalf of Toronto, Windsor and other cities, the Sierra Club petitioned the EPA to reduce cross-border coal pollution, noting 150 coal plants in seven Midwestern states — “among the oldest and dirtiest in the U.S.” — produced 4.5 million tonnes of sulphur dioxide and 1.6 million tonnes of nitrogen oxide annually.

By comparison, Ontario’s five coal-fired plants produced 153,750 tonnes of sulphur dioxide and 57,875 tonnes of nitrogen oxide annually.

Ohio’s 24 coal plants alone produced eight times the sulphur dioxide, six times the nitrogen oxide and five times the greenhouse gases.

While the Wynne government cites a dramatic drop in smog days, pollution-related deaths and hospital admissions since Ontario closed its coal plants, McKitrick and Aliakbari suggest this was mainly due to a dramatic drop in U.S. cross-border pollution between 2002 and 2014, when monthly average nitrogen oxide emissions fell by more than half, from 556 megatonnes to 263.

(IN other words the economic impact of the 2008 melt down has destroyed U,S, industry and reduced electrical demand and cleaned the air as U.S. plants cut back on use of coal! LIE-beral propaganda about the value of their carbon scheme is simply feel good nonsense designed to hide how they are turning our Hydro system into a cash cow for their grossly entitled friends!)

The main reasons were the 2008 recession and the fracking boom, leading to the replacement of many U.S. coal plants with cleaner burning natural gas.

(LIE-beral environmental policy is based on the same crappy smoke and mirrors method that gave us a 15 percent `reduction` in the cost of auto insurance- by the simple expedient of reducing benefits paid to victims by FIFTY PERCENT! LIE-beral energy policy and environmental policies are in total disgrace!)

lgoldstein at postmedia

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Say more. Speak less. You haven't learned.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Say more. Speak less. You haven't learned.

You should listen more, you should read more, you should think again about things. You are not learning and its bad you are not learning and it is worse that you are deliberately REFUSING to learn! Do you enjoy being wrong, mistaken and confused on a daily basis? Why not try to read and understand this:

Here is a nice headline that ought to ruin the lunch of the average tax payer : 8 billion dollars and 14 years later, eHealth has yet to finish the job. By Shawn Jeffords, Political Bureau Chief.

First posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 01:11 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 01:17 PM EST

WE give our thanks to Shawn Jeffords for keeping us in the loop re E-health-and his column is presented below, along with some comments of my own in brackets):

More than $8 billion and 14 years later and Ontario still doesn’t have a working electronic health records system.

That according to Ontario’s Auditor General who tabled her annual report Wednesday. In it, she notes that “significant components” of the system are still not working in 2016 after a government pledge seven years ago to have electronic health records for every Ontarian by 2015.

“The initiative has certainly advanced since our last audit in 2009,” Lysyk said in a news release. “However, it is still not possible to say if it is on budget because the government never set an overall budget for it. In effect, we cannot say if the $8 billion is a reasonable figure.”

According to the report, as of March 2016, eHealth Ontario reported it had completed 80% of the projects covered by its $1.03 billion budget. It will still need to spend an additional $48 million to complete the remaining 20% the government estimates.

(I say something is WRONG with that math! According to LIE-berals-who are not noted for their dedication to the truth-especially when its embarrassing- E-health did 80 percent of the latest portion of the job for one billion and expects to complete the other 20 percent for 48 million-one twentieth of the previous billion dollar budget? That doesn’t add up-but then Ontari-owe auditor general Bonnie Lysyk does point out that govt has no budget for the project and apparently no real idea how much has been spent to date nor how much more money may be needed to complete the project. Should we dare ask if E-health goons and LIE-berals have converted the project into a VAST LIE-beral slush fund for their friends and allies? How else to explain that E-health imbeciles have been on the job for FOURTEEN YEARS and are still only 80 percent complete? NASA was able to start from scratch and design, test and build a rocket capable of sending men to the Moon in less time!)

(Is it fair to ask what LIE-berals are doing with that E-health money pit? Ought we to ask if much of the money earmarked for E-health is not somehow being diverted into pension payments for Hogs? We know how desperately important it is for LIE-berals to BUY Hog support-without which their party will be destroyed in the next election? Something stinks at E-health and tax payers ought to know about it!)

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You're like selfsame. You post long winded, rambling texts, which few read. Do you work for the Massad?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't mind reading long posts, but this forum is full of nutcases and idiots. I have to pick and choose who I spend time reading. And if you insist on writing LIE-beral or TrudOWE, as some other clever genius does, it's like you walked in here with clown shoes. Maybe you do have something to say, but your gimmick is idiotic.

You responded to me, but I didn't read it, and I won't. Sorry.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Cryin' Brian • on Jul 9, 2017 11:56 am
Cry more Stelter we love your liberal tears of impotent rage. The truth is your Fake News Network has finally been exposed as a Democrat party propaganda outfit that is who you are so just admit it the same way Fox News is a Republican propaganda outfit but they don’t try to hide who they are.

The hatred you are now feeling is exactly what you deserve given how much anti-Trump “news” your network has been airing for the last two years. The anti-CNN memes on Twitter and YouTube are hilarious and they will continue for the next decade. You woke the army of meme warriors with your lies and your blackmail. Trump should ban CNN from the White House to punish you.

Your ratings are in the toilet and at some point Zucker will be fired and Time Warner will change the name to Conservative News Network so they can actually make money the way Fox News makes money for News Corp. When that happens everyone who works there will be Fired as you all deserve to be.
CNN: Anti-Journalism “Smears, Lies And Death Threats” On The Rise | Deadline

lol, from the comments section:
Always interesting to see what the real rank and file think of CNN.

watcherjohnny1 day ago
This is typical of Leftist behavior. Create a false narrative, and keep repeating it. And when you get push-back from your falsely accused target, flip and play the victim. CNN is on the fast-track to irrelevancy, they are doing it to themselves, and in the end, they will claim they were victimized.
(from the comments at the link below)

[youtube]s53NN1WBinE[/youtube]
Sebastian Gorka: More People Watch Cartoons Than CNN

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I don't mind reading long posts, but this forum is full of nutcases and idiots. I have to pick and choose who I spend time reading. And if you insist on writing LIE-beral or TrudOWE, as some other clever genius does, it's like you walked in here with clown shoes. Maybe you do have something to say, but your gimmick is idiotic.

You responded to me, but I didn't read it, and I won't. Sorry.

You do indeed have to pick and choose who is worth answering. Whether it's the schoolyard antics associated with name calling, or using questionable sources to support a position, many here simply enjoy trying to insult. They try and goad you into losing your temper. Its childish. They have no desire to discuss anything.

Some use multiple personas. A few banned members come back. A few are probably certifiable, due to excessive drug use.

But there are small pockets of sanity.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
You're like selfsame. You post long winded, rambling texts, which few read. Do you work for the Massad?

Oh Murphy....quit looking for excuses.....I could post a 2 word response such as : "fcuk off" and you would STILL complain! Your major beef with me is that you have NO FACTS to refute what I say! If you HAD any facts you would present them and stop whining about long winded posts that are making youquestion your values and ethics! And here is another post that you will pretend not to read:

It is a sad fact that LIE-berals are responsible for the creation of the odious Black Lives Matter political action group which is promoting reverse discrimination as a solution to all the troubles facing a MINORITY of black people. The fact is the majority of black people live quiet and sensible lives but it is a radical idiot minority that is doing all the shouting and complaining!

Lie-berals are so desperate to get and to keep power that they will let any politically correct jackass into the country...just so long as they vote Lie-beral! Lie-berals are so desperate for power and votes that they will allow people- who ought to have their citizenship REVOKED and be THROWN OUT of the country IMMEDIATELY for committing some offence-to stay here on `compassionate` grounds......just so long as they remember it is Lie-berals who `love` them.

Lie-berals will pervert the course of justice by using `hug a thug` tactics to `win` support from politically correct mutton heads-many of whom have connections to criminal groups. Lie-berals will practice `catch and release` of criminals to gain further support from the social engineers and religious wackos who want to forgive and forget.....forgiveness is a virtue isn`t it? No matter how vicious the crime or how hardened the criminal? Showing understanding and forgiveness earns points in Heaven...even if your neighbour ends up being a victim of some clown who should have been behind bars for previous outrages!

And Lie-berals are also willing to let people out of jail VERY swiftly on any pretext- to save tax payers money of course....but NOT to curry favour with certain ethnic groups? Oh sure....we believe THAT! Lie-berals....they are NOT here for decent people! With Lie-berals, if it didn’t happen to them then it either DIDN’T happen at all or it ISN’T IMPORTANT!

Lie-berals are so arrogant that they assume that if you become a victim of crime it is because you are a lazy dumb-ass who lives in a crap neighbourhood and thus deserve what happens to you. And the cost of crime? If you think its high, LIE-berals figure you must be a dumb-ass to and too stupid to make a `proper` living and pay for `good` insurance!

So, lets talk about Crime and Bullshit! Figures don’t lie but liars figure. Crime statistics are down in this country because crime is evolving and it simply LOOKS like crime is reduced. During his last term in office prime minister Pierre Trudeau and his Lie-beral hug a thug friends CHANGED how crime statistics were compiled-at the time Conservatives complained that the change would make it harder to compare crime statistics from different decades-an obvious point now proven.

Lie-berals will deny this in every way. They will INSIST that “no fundamental changes have been made to the system” and of course we recognize the weasel words “:no fundamental changes”.....meaning THEY don’t think its important but anybody who has been robbed or victimized in some way and then watched as Lie-beral appointed `hug a thug` judges give out minor slaps on the criminal wrist DOES think it’s a BIG DEAL!

If you argue these points, Lie-berals will send you links to out of date and irrelevant Stats/Canada publications to `prove` their point using papers and publications that don’t address the issues. They will also try to distract by discussing the Young Offenders Act rather than looking at the issues involving adult career criminals which is what I am trying to illustrate here. In short, they will prove once again why we call them LIE-berals!

Under the old system there was one crime if you `possessed` burglar tools and planned to break into a home while the family was away some place, A second crime if you actually broke into the house, A third crime (theft over $5000.00) occurred when you found the keys to a vehicle in the garage and decided to load it up with the stuff you stole from the house and use it as a getaway vehicle. A fourth crime occurred when you found a gun cabinet and broke it open and took possession of and loaded a shotgun for which you have no license. The family comes home unexpectedly and you take them hostage using your stolen shotgun and that’s the fifth and six crimes-kidnaping and misuse of a firearm. A neighbour sees you waving the gun and phones the cops who arrive on the scene and you fire the shotgun out a window a couple of times to keep them back while you consider your options and thus produce crime seven ( assault with a deadly weapon) and crime eight which is resisting arrest. Prior to Trudeau each of these crimes would be listed separately and would be relatively easy to track in appropriate categories-firearm offenses, burglary, theft etc. But now these eight crimes are lumped together as ONE CRIME SCENE and its now MUCH HARDER to track individual crimes since they are no longer listed in such an easy to access and read fashion.

Further, as of 20 years ago about 80% of criminals had their cases `plea bargained` and now we can only guess (Lie-berals don’t like to talk about this stuff and hide the details where possible and they certainly don’t want to admit that they are practicing `catch and release` with dangerous criminals) that today virtually ALL criminals cut endless deals during which major crimes become minor crimes and minor crimes become small misdemeanors or are easily forgotten entirely....except by the victims. Why bother trying the guy for possession of stolen property when you already have him for stabbing somebody? Crimes are `lost`, forgotten, dismissed, not needed, just plain GONE so the statistics are now useless for getting a real view of crime in Canada.

Further, the evolution of technology is encouraging crime itself to evolve. Why bother getting a gun and a stolen getaway car and robbing a store when you can get a bunch of forged credit cards from your neighbours in organized crime and go on a spending spree with no consequences to speak of? Why bother getting out of your comfortable arm chair and going out into the dark and cold to vandalize the house of a neighbour you don’t like when its so much easier just to lounge in your pajamas in front of a computer screen and send the jerk a virus? And maybe hack his credit cards and online banking information as well? As we know, cops don’t even bother looking for those who spread viruses and hackers are mostly ignored as well....UNLESS there is a really HUGE internet disruption.

The computer is good for all sorts of things like selling stuff online that you have stolen or forged-no need to show yourself and your ID to a pawn shop owner or `fence` who may turn fink on you if the cops get to him. Much better to meet the suckers at a coffee shop or at a friends place and later (if there is any trouble) the friend covers for you and denies any involvement since the sucker never saw the friend when the purchase was made and the person who sold the fraud item doesn’t live at the address where it was sold-it’s a double blind cutout.

There is also the political action of thugs and gang members. Thugs have figured out that there is safety in numbers-each gang banger and his girlfriend and mother providing an alibi for the others which makes conviction much harder due to less evidence and the few potential witnesses available to speak having been intimidated by strangers-read other gang members.

The thugs also are putting pressure on loonie leftist Lie-beral politicians to rein in `racist` cops and end their alleged brutality. A while back the Lie-beral loving Toronto (Red) Star did an article on how much crime has dropped in 2014 and how quiet it has become in Youth Court rooms across Toronto......the article being presented as if meant cops had somehow decided to stop picking on poor innocent kids.......buried in the article was an admission that in response to `public`(read Black Lives Matter) pressure, cops had drastically cut back on their use of `carding`....that is....stopping and questioning known gang members and their friends who were trespassing and such.....No Contact EQUALS No Problem! No more guns and knives being confiscated, no more stashes of drugs found, no more stolen property found in cars, no more ability to track gang members as they move about the city conducting their `business`! Get the cops to stop looking for crime and the crime `statistics` start to look pretty good!

If you start talking tough on crime then certain ethnic voters scream `white racist` at you....while ignoring the Russian mobster in King City with the fine mansion and the high end BMW with all the frills....and the stash of 800 forged credit cards and the computer with enough stolen personal information to make 4000 MORE cards....which he is selling to gang members and the dork is out on parole for PREVIOUS credit card fraud. And NOBODY is counting the bribery, intimidation and outright extortion needed to get such personal information!

Or the Portuguese guy who was late for his court date to deal with his TENTH arrest for causing an auto smash up while driving drunk-this count does NOT include the other times he was arrested before he hit anything.

Or the guy who extorted 30 MILLION DOLLARS here in Ontari-owe a year back and the McWynnty government cut him a deal: he KEEPS ALL the money and promises to leave Ontari-owe forever and the charge will be dropped....Ontari-owe is so BROKE they don’t have the court and legal resources to deal with such a clever swindler within a sensible time frame! Only a Lie-beral would consider any of this a victory!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Say more. Speak less. Try not to ramble. Stay focused. You're doing none of that.

Effective communication demands clear, concise writing. It's a skill that you need to develop.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I've put him in the crazy column. He's ranting about Ontario in a thread about CNN. That combination of overwordy ranting and singular minded focus on one thing is a sign of a nutter. He doesn't need advice. He needs help and medication. Best just to scroll by.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Say more. Speak less. Try not to ramble. Stay focused. You're doing none of that.

Effective communication demands clear, concise writing. It's a skill that you need to develop.

A mild sedative might be useful, as well.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I've put him in the crazy column. He's ranting about Ontario in a thread about CNN. That combination of overwordy ranting and singular minded focus on one thing is a sign of a nutter. He doesn't need advice. He needs help and medication. Best just to scroll by.

and you are putting someone down on a thread about CNN
the subject here is CNN...not him

what a hypocrite you are

A mild sedative might be useful, as well.

mail him a couple

I've nixed him as well.

Well the prince of BS and you are putting him down?
You have said some of the dumbest things ever in this forum.
;)
and we can't tell your your facts from your fiction.
now here you are just a bullying gossip

like that bit about the spanish warship
that was retarded

judge yourselves first before others eh?
ya harper valley pta slugs
:)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
rebuttal?
heh heh
no I definitely like to throw first
:)
and leave the pieces laying around for the next guy

Say, what ever happened to ol R.I.P.?