Regina, Saskatchewan
Please let those that sympathize/empathize with this joker sign a petition
in favour of this settlement, then take the total payout, divide it equally
between the the number of people in favour of paying this guy anything
at all, and each person on the petition gets to pay their share and leave
the rest of us out of it.

It had to be a decade ago that I stated that we should have brought him
back from gitmo, landed the plane, tied a noose to the boarding stairs
and thrown him over the side. Oh well....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Please let those that sympathize/empathize with this joker sign a petition
in favour of this settlement, then take the total payout, divide it equally
between the the number of people in favour of paying this guy anything
at all, and each person on the petition gets to pay their share and leave
the rest of us out of it.

It had to be a decade ago that I stated that we should have brought him
back from gitmo, landed the plane, tied a noose to the boarding stairs
and thrown him over the side. Oh well....
I already billed him $20 through a Go F-ck Yourself account in his name.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
It's quite apparent social justice is the only thing this liberal government is capable of achieving.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have no idea what the correct amount would be but he was definitely owed something!

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
RCS said it best........

I actually think that Khadr was a victim of circumstance. His father was a lunatic jihadist, the rest of his family is off the chart anti-west, so what of a kid who gets dragged to another Country under the ideological craziness of these things. Like it or not, Omar Khadr was enlisted into this as a child and his actions were molded by a bunch of crazy people. I don't think he should have been sent to Gitmo, I think an opportunity to undo the damage was missed and now we are worried because he is an adult who might turn back to radical Islam.

Shame on us for not getting this kid out of Gitmo earlier and making a real attempt at deprogramming him. I also don't see him as a terrorist. The US soldier killed was in a war zone, in many of these Muslim Countries children are used as fodder by the ignorant and uneducated. Do we arrest every child that is indoctrinated? Lock them up as terrorists.

Time to re-think things I would say.

I don't see Omar Khadr as any real threat.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...per-sorry-disappoint-you.html?highlight=khadr

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I hate this country. Its depressing having to be the loser who has to pay for all this bull shit

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Easy to say when you are not the victim of harsh treatment for 15 years!

I work much too hard, for my money too let my goverment flush it down so easily. The price of a bullet to the head is all i was willing to pay.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I work much too hard, for my money too let my goverment flush it down so easily. The price of a bullet to the head is all i was willing to pay.

Apparently he is being a productive citizen and likely paying taxes, so why would you want to do such hare brained thing as putting a bullet in his head? :)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
A lot cheaper than losing the 20 million dollar lawsuit his lawyer and him filed. A lawsuit that he was pretty much guaranteed to win.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
A lot cheaper than losing the 20 million dollar lawsuit his lawyer and him filed. A lawsuit that he was pretty much guaranteed to win.
..and imagine the legal costs on top of that. Probably double it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Omar Khadr in his own words | Toronto Star

An old article but good background. Apparently he lives in Edmonton, is going to school and hopes to work in health care. I don't see him as ever being any kind of threat to our country. Though I don't agree with monetary compensation, the Supreme Court of Canada did rule that he was subjected to 'oppressive treatment' by Canadian authorities. It is in light of that judgement that the Liberals now have no choice but to pony up some money. Khadr's lawyer is suing them for 20 million. This is not something the government has control over anymore and, this is the 2nd Liberal government to have dealt with Khadr - so they had their chances. Such being the case, better to pay the 10 mil and offer an apology then to be forced to pay 20 mil. And that is assuming that the offer if put forth is even accepted.