Curling Chat

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I probably shouldn't knock Curling. Never tried the game. But my 80 year old Pop still plays...he's a Skip to boot! His team is 10-2 so far this year.

I played competitive hockey my whole life. Now golf, songwriting and chess are my hobbies.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I probably shouldn't knock Curling. Never tried the game. But my 80 year old Pop still plays...he's a Skip to boot! His team is 10-2 so far this year.

I played competitive hockey my whole life. Now golf, songwriting and chess are my hobbies.

... songwriting .. now that's interesting.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Like I said, it's all about the booze. I'm still an hour from the final and I'm getting pretty shytefaced

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That's the only thing I don't like about curling. The skip tells me to sweep and I'm doing it as best I can and he's screaming at me to do it harder. I think he should do it himself if he doesn't think I'm doing it right

Funny.

Sex is like that, sometimes.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
At this point it's just us and our competition buying each other tequila shots. The least drunk will win

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Curling stones are made from bits of Ailsa Craig.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Curling is a great game. I'm hammered.

Reading your posts about your game, I gather you play in a beer league, Cannuck. Unlike you and your pals, there are serious dedicated Canadian curlers - heck I am watching the Manitoba play-downs right now - Mike McEwen looks to be advancing to the finals. Canada has contributed a lot to the game. Players from all over the world come here to play with our teams to gain experience in the sport and compete with top level players.

Canada leads the World with 35 Gold, 9 Silver and 7 Bronze medals. Sweden is next with 7 Gold, 7 Silver and 7 Bronze. As you can see there are curlers in Canada who take the game very seriously. They are fit, skilled, and highly competitive.

You won't find a single ounce of fat on these guys, Cannuck - and they are representative of the fitness level Canadian teams have embraced in order to be the best in the world.

Hope you had fun, Cannuck - its a great game.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I get a kick out of how dressed up the Curlers are in their endorsement gear. They look like NASCAR drivers playing a game which is basically an adult version of Marbles. Not exactly death-defying stuff.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I get a kick out of how dressed up the Curlers are in their endorsement gear. They look like NASCAR drivers playing a game which is basically an adult version of Marbles. Not exactly death-defying stuff.

They look damned fit, to me. No beer bellies, there ...maybe a six pack or two.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
These guys would kick the snot out of anyone in NASCAR.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

LOL! Been awhile since you threw a rock, eh HH? You obviously haven't a clue how skilled the game of curling is when it comes to the Provincial finals, the Brier, the Scotties or any of the Grand Slams - a game of adult marbles it ain't.

Without sponsors, teams would not be able to travel and compete at the highest levels in order to gain a spot in the Worlds or the Olympics. Canada holds the record for the most medals in both the Worlds and the Olympics and they didn't get there without hard work, dedication and the help of sponsors. BTW, that applies to both Canadian Men and Women's teams.

They look damned fit, to me. No beer bellies, there ...maybe a six pack or two.

The majority of Canadian curlers are in top shape these days, CC otherwise they would not be competitive.

Team McEwen