The Official Trump U.S Supreme Court Justice Nomination Thread

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Watch live: President Trump announces Supreme Court pick

The Supreme Court Justice nominee is Judge Neil Gorsuch!

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Solid. Serious scholar, excellent writer. He's been wrong occasionally (i.e., disagreed with me), but usually logics his way from sound principles to a correct conclusion.

The Dems would be wise to keep their powder dry, allow a vote, and save their ammo for a real wackaloon in the future.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Solid. Serious scholar, excellent writer. He's been wrong occasionally (i.e., disagreed with me), but usually logics his way from sound principles to a correct conclusion.

The Dems would be wise to keep their powder dry, allow a vote, and save their ammo for a real wackaloon in the future.

I doubt they will keep their powder dry on this or anything.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I believe that they only release certain information to the media WRT committee votes - apart from the yea or nay. Mind you, for his appointment, they are going to need at least one Democrat to show. :)

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
The Democ-rats are holding up the vote for Sessions just because they can. What's the sense in that? Chances are they'll do the same with Gorsuch. Just because they can.
Somebody should remind them that 'revenge is a dish better served cold'.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The Democ-rats are holding up the vote for Sessions just because they can. What's the sense in that? Chances are they'll do the same with Gorsuch. Just because they can.
Somebody should remind them that 'revenge is a dish better served cold'.

Maybe you should email the GOP with that advice.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Judge Scalia with Judge Gorsuch

I hope Judge Ginsberg steps down soon. 5-4 is nice... 6-3 is better.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Maybe you should email the GOP with that advice.

My posts are just my opinions. I'm not about to offer advice to the more savvy in politics. I just wish other 'laypeople' would do the same.

It seems out of place to me that Senators and Congressmen will question the nominee and judge his worthiness when he likely has more experience and knowledge of the law than they do. And Intelligence too.