Canada one step closer to marijuana legalization

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
About the time DuPont wanted to get a monopoly on the chemical industry.

And Hearst wanted a monopoly on paper production from tree pulp. A greatly inferior product to hemp paper.

a little known symptom of marijuana is its tendency to cause a propensity for violent, irrational outbursts amongst those who have developed a chronic dependency for the narcotic... Associated with severe mood and anxiety disorders. It has been implicated in cases of domestic abuse, and murder.

For a 'love drug' its surprising how angry and unhappy it makes its users. It's much more about altamont than woodstock.

roflmao!!!!

I think the bottom line to this discussion is, if there are no recognized benefits to the sh*t, we don't really want it! And the excuse that booze is worse just won't fly. Let's not try to cure cancer while heart disease is still running rampant! :)

There are many recognized benefits both medically and economically. Now alcohol and tobacco have absolutely zero benefits in any sense and are in fact highly detrimental to health and society yet you're ok with them being legal. Face it, you're just a grumpy old fart who refuses to see the truth because of the propaganda you have been fed your entire life.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A little known symptom of marijuana is its tendency to cause a propensity for violent, irrational outbursts amongst those who have developed a chronic dependency for the narcotic... associated with severe mood and anxiety disorders. It has been implicated in cases of domestic abuse, and murder.

For a 'love drug' its surprising how angry and unhappy it makes its users. It's much more about Altamont than Woodstock.
Educate yourself:
use of cannabis medicines in clinical practice - Google Scholar

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It was outlawed at the behest of the Hearst and DuPont empires. You know how corporations hate competition, especially competition that will put them out of business. Good thing they had so much influence over government or neither family would be billionaires today.

How Marijuana Became Illegal

You mean YOU don't want it. The vast majority of Canadians do want it legalized or decriminalized and that percentage grows every day as old f^ckers like you die off.

That was the message I was trying to convey..............you are getting quite astute. I guess one benefit of legalizing it is the namby pambies don't have to enforce a law. Were you paying attention to the message Coldstream was trying to convey?

Ya got pothead stoners and slobbering sots. I guess I'd rather be around a half asleep stoner than an obnoxious drunkerd.

Absolutely but do you want both?

There are many recognized benefits both medically and economically. Now alcohol and tobacco have absolutely zero benefits in any sense and are in fact highly detrimental to health and society yet you're ok with them being legal. Face it, you're just a grumpy old fart who refuses to see the truth because of the propaganda you have been fed your entire life.

Just name one benefit economically Nick! I've spent years in the workforce watching the production coming from the Potheads...................pathetic!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Just name one benefit economically Nick! I've spent years in the workforce watching the production coming from the Potheads...................pathetic!

Well Colorado has seen a $125 million increase in tax revenue from it. The total estimated value of the industry to the state is $1 billion. That is just from pot, it doesn't even touch on the positive changes hemp farming would create.

Were you paying attention to the message Coldstream was trying to convey?
He didn't have a message. Just pathetic made-up propaganda and drivel being regurgutated by someone who isn't going to listen to facts or the will of the majority.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well Colorado has seen a $125 million increase in tax revenue from it. The total estimated value of the industry to the state is $1 billion. That is just from pot, it doesn't even touch on the positive changes hemp farming would create.

Yeah, of course, that is the plus side of the ledger. How long did you spend looking into the minus side? Check on the added health costs. Check on the added vehicle accident costs. Check on the number of man days spent in the rubber room. It ain't rocket science, Nick.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You'ld think people learned their lesson with AL Capone
PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK

The illegal profits fund black ops, mobsters, and terrorists...
like John F Kennedy

It's illegal because it has great market real and potential. It's wide production and availability is the only problem to the big houses. It's certainly not that they want to protect children who being without much coin they could care less about.

I think the bottom line to this discussion is, if there are no recognized benefits to the sh*t, we don't really want it! And the excuse that booze is worse just won't fly. Let's not try to cure cancer while heart disease is still running rampant! :)

You have some common sence but are you an explorer an adventurer or do you just blindly accept what so called authorities feed you on a plate? How can you possibly judge it's benefits or lack thereof if you won't walk n the wild side and find out with your own sences? Until you do you you will remain a non expert witness. A gust of wind down a empty street. A full bag of nothing. A short piece of string. etc.

I didn't know that either, but I would classify that as uninformed more than stupid. :)

But the stupid are illinformed, so you may be illinformed as well as stupid.
I said may I did not say was.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It was outlawed at the behest of the Hearst and DuPont empires. You know how corporations hate competition, especially competition that will put them out of business. Good thing they had so much influence over government or neither family would be billionaires today.

How Marijuana Became Illegal

You mean YOU don't want it. The vast majority of Canadians do want it legalized or decriminalized and that percentage grows every day as old f^ckers like you die off.

Legalizing it does not mean we must necessarily legalize its promotion or easy access.

Gawd you are stupid. Cannabis is NOT a narcotic.If you are going to be against something you should at least know what it is you are against. You are making flossy look smart.

Fact.

Maybe not a narcotic, but an addictive mind-altering substance with health risks none-the-less:

Health risks of marijuana use

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It's not addictive.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive

According to this, it can be.

Yes, it's far less addictive than tobacco, granted., and I'm not sure how it compares to alcohol.

But even low level risk of addiction is still risk of addiction.

Now some might say even chocolate can be addictive.

True, it it does't alter the mind, so risk smoking and driving, doesn't give lung cancer and other illnesses, etc. either.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"According to this..."

According to another link in another thread...

"Cabbits are real, I have had them and bred them and they are abundant in Ontario. No one has become famous, as you say about some vets in your article. It isn’t rocket science and no one will be getting a Nobel for it. They are an accepted species in Ontario."

Cat-rabbit Hybrids (Cabbits) - Fact or fiction?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
"According to this..."

According to another link in another thread...

"Cabbits are real, I have had them and bred them and they are abundant in Ontario. No one has become famous, as you say about some vets in your article. It isn’t rocket science and no one will be getting a Nobel for it. They are an accepted species in Ontario."

Cat-rabbit Hybrids (Cabbits) - Fact or fiction?

Linking to government websites. Silly me. Of course you're right. I'll stick to tabloid press from now on.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yeah a Gov that never did have any facts straight when criminalizing weed because black people smoked it.

Black weed smoker lives matter.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Linking to government websites. Silly me. Of course you're right. I'll stick to tabloid press from now on.

Uh huh. The government doesn't lie about these things. They never lie about anything. Every study and statistic just coincidentally fits perfectly with their agenda. F^cking miraculous really, no wonder they rule over us regular peons.