Dash cam

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Bump
Need some help here. Do I have to beg the techies for help. Well do I.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why do you need one? Missing out on funny youtube videos?

For that idiot who backs up, you are behind them and you get the bill.
Yes a fellow did that once. Mind you he was honest enough to admit it.
3 of us present when Canada's Finest, RCMP arrived. The 2 officers looked at the vehicles asked who was driving the truck in front, the gentleman stated he was. Who was in the other car, my wife stated we were.
The Officer then looked at my wife, no other information. and stated to my wife, so you ran into the back of him.
I was driving by the way.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I was looking at the DVR-027 at "The Source" just to-day, nice features, and even at the highest resolution, you can record just about 10 hrs on a 32 gig memory card...It was on sale at $49 not counting the card.....
I just about bought it....but I asked myself the famous question I ask my wife...."Is it a need or a want?"
I came home empty handed :lol:

For that idiot who backs up, you are behind them and you get the bill.
Yes a fellow did that once. Mind you he was honest enough to admit it.
3 of us present when Canada's Finest, RCMP arrived. The 2 officers looked at the vehicles asked who was driving the truck in front, the gentleman stated he was. Who was in the other car, my wife stated we were.
The Officer then looked at my wife, no other information. and stated to my wife, so you ran into the back of him.
I was driving by the way.
The day you forget to switch it on is the day you get into an accident....

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I was looking at the DVR-027 at "The Source" just to-day, nice features, and even at the highest resolution, you can record just about 10 hrs on a 32 gig memory card...It was on sale at $49 not counting the card.....
I just about bought it....but I asked myself the famous question I ask my wife...."Is it a need or a want?"

You know I have to drive in AB, just a few steps below Russia in their driving abilities here.
And they are getting cheaper.
One scam artist can cost you.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My niece told me a few weeks ago, that when she was in Timmins, the police pulled her over and told her that she hadn't made a complete stop at the last stop sign. and she had even noticed the police car half a block behind her at the time of the "supposed offence.
When he was telling her all about it with his notepad open and inviting her to step in the cruiser while he wrote the ticket, she looked at him and tapped the camera for him to look at....
At which time he told her he was letting her go with a warning.
she told him that she was going to make a copy of the file in the camera that was still running and post it on to you tube...
He just closed his book and left without another word...

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

I bought one a few months ago after 2 close calls within a short period of time. Mine is stuck on via a suction cup and I just plug it in to the lighter to turn it on.

And here's where they can help.....

The video footage shows the car with the dashcam had a green light as it approached the intersection, going straight, when the car driven by the woman approaching from the opposite direction turns left into the intersection and strikes the other vehicle.

The person who posted the statement, Brampton Citizen, writes that during the subsequent investigation the officer spoke with Brampton Citizen. “I told him that she turned and ran into me when I had the green,” the post reads.

In the video, voices can be heard shortly after the crash saying it was not the woman’s fault, even though the footage contradicts the witnesses’ claims.

Brampton Citizen states in the post that when the officer was getting information, “At the time my brother was on his way with his laptop so I could try and retrieve the video from the camera to show the cop.”

Brampton Citizen later states in the YouTube post: “The officer refused to look at the video footage saying I should have told him before I had a dashcam, but I explained that I was trying to retrieve the footage at the time…He just went into his car after taking initial statements and wrote his report. I told him I have the objective evidence but he did not want to look at it at all and told me to use it as evidence in the court.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...on-crash-suggests-driver-wrongly-charged.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-U1MMNjDVM

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Why plastic doesn't make a good window......

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Here is one for you..

I used to be a Truck Driver for Walmart Logistics.. passed one of our drivers and the guy was texting while driving.. totally oblivious that I was even passing him.

So I pulled off the road and waited for him to pass.. then pulled in behind him and video taped him all over the road.

[youtube]2e1bbLUFLe8[/youtube]

For 2 years I had a Dashcam in the truck and Walmart Logistics had no issue with it.. until I gave this video as well a longer version to my boss showing one of our driver all over the road and at one time he almost hit a passing vehicle.

The driver, Bali, had several DOT infractions, wrecked a Walmart Truck.. and caught Texting while driving..

They threatened to write me up for taking the video.. told them to stick their job and quit.

As far as I know the driver, Bali is still employed at Walmart Logisits.. LOL smh.

That Dashcam was $79 bucks and the best dam dash cam I ever owned.

TFT - LCD 2.5" Screen Car Rear View Monitors, Cameras & Kits | eBay

Last edited: