Capitalism will save this world

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yes seven billion people to voraciously consume non renewable resources. It's all good.

Not to worrie my good friend!!!
When resources run low,

Capitalism will stimulate problem solving to find a solution and we will be saved, yet again by capitalism.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How about we start manufactoring the Arrow again?? Seriously WTF went on back then???

‘The Best Aircraft I’ve Flown’: India’s Pilots Cheer 1370mph Tejas Fighter

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Really?? I would think cleaning house from the top down would be the first step in getting control back.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
shet ye trap Walter. How's it gonna be when it's 14 billion? Then 28. On and on. Bloody dummah.

Capitalism will yet again innovate and solve the problems. It's a self solving algorithm.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yeah right. You'll be able to finally figure out how to put ten pounds of flour into five pound sack.

That's caused by monopolies within capitalism. These are things that need to be avoided to keep a capitalist system healthy.

Greed will happen in any system. Competition within capitalism will keep people honest.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
There are no limites to our problem solving capacity under a capitalist system.
It's simple, MHz. The arrow had no problem to solve. Why produce something for a problem no one has? Even when it's really good, You need a problem to solve befor producing a solution for it.

It seems to have escaped you that capitalism is most innovative at developing the problems that have to be fixed thus increasing the flow of capital into the sacred vaults of those same capitalists which eventually reduces the velocity of capital altogether resulting in an inevitable crash and burn where only the mightyest capitalists survive to resume the daft practice/ black art.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Just get rid of the leaches in the system.....

There will be leeches in every system.

It seems to have escaped you that capitalism is most innovative at developing the problems that have to be fixed thus increasing the flow of capital into the sacred vaults of those same capitalists which eventually reduces the velocity of capital altogether resulting in an inevitable crash and burn where only the mightyest capitalists survive to resume the daft practice/ black art.

There will be those that are dishonest in every system.

Capitalism is not the cause of dishonesty. Greed existed before capitalism.

If we have a system where everyone has everything they need, Why would anyone bother trying to solve any problems?

You have none, So why waste time solving problems you don't have?

Do you think greed and dishonesty didn't existe before capitalism, dark?

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
All power fosters greed. I rather live in a world where problem solvers are the one with the power. Not some King or despot.

and capitalism gives power to the wealthy elites, looking out for their own interests. not the majority of humanity - the working class.

From your link
"in the two centuries since the birth of capitalism the average life expectancy has risen from 26 to 67. Earth is teeming with human life as never before. In 1800, there were fewer than one billion humans on the planet; today there are over seven billion. In at least that sense, capitalism has vastly expanded the domain of life."

More evidence capitalism will save the world because it rewards problem solving and creates a environment of stimulation for innovative problem solving ideas.
the research of science that led to improvements of medicine was fostered out of sheer intrigue and a desire to cure ailments, not profits. the man who founded the Polio vaccine said this about profiting off patents ,

Salk campaigned for mandatory vaccination, claiming that public health should be considered a "moral commitment."[7] His sole focus had been to develop a safe and effective vaccine as rapidly as possible, with no interest in personal profit. When asked who owned the patent to it, Salk said, "There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?"

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
and capitalism gives power to the wealthy elites, looking out for their own interests. not the majority of humanity - the working class.

the research of science that led to improvements of medicine was fostered out of sheer intrigue and a desire to cure ailments, not profits. "[/I]

What you speak of, is monopoly.
Greed and dishonesty.

Capitalism didn't invent these things. They exist in any system. Do you think greed and dishonesty would vanish with the end of capitalism? :lol:

As for one man's quest to develope a vaccine. This is just one man, Think how many more you can motivate with personal reward. This is why capitalism is such a game breaker. When before you had one researcher, now you have 450000.

Maybe you should read up on JP Morgan, John Rockefeller and Dale Carnegie.

I have, but entities like these will form in any system. Do you think greed and dishonesty would stop existing with the end of capitalism? :lol:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
What you speak of, is monopoly.
Greed and dishonesty.

Capitalism didn't invent these things. They exist in any system. Do you think greed and dishonesty would vanish with the end of capitalism? :lol:

As for one man's quest to develope a vaccine. This is just one man, Think how many more you can motivate with personal reward. This is why capitalism is such a game breaker. When before you had one researcher, now you have 450000.

I have, but entities like these will form in any system. Do you think greed and dishonesty would stop existing with the end of capitalism? :lol:
These men were the system. The answer to your question is no. Greed and dishonesty is the nature of the beast

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
These men were the system. The answer to your question is no. Greed and dishonesty is the nature of the beast

Knowing this, and that all systems will be plagued by greed and dishonesty. what better system could exist then one that is a self problem solving algorithm ? Dose it not give us our best chance at survival?

By stimulating with reward solutions to problems.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Knowing this, and that all systems will be plagued by greed and dishonesty. what better system could exist then one that is a self problem solving algorithm ? Dose it not give us our best chance at survival?

By stimulating with reward solutions to problems.
Yes free enterprize is the only way to go.