ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
If you take Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan with you you have a better name "ABSexit"

With a hot spokeswomen :lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Albertan's are going through a rough patch we have all had those
Most of the problem stems from having a government for forty some
years that didn't diversify and now they are paying the price. No I do
not wish them ill we have all had these troubled times and people
suffer. I hope they use the time wisely to evoke change and work to
minimize the next downturn.
The present government is working to diversify and they are working
with companies this is a good sign will there be a quick fix, no there
never is a quick fix

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Yep, time for AB to start talking about separating. Separating is kinda the wrong word to use, I would say it's like your daughter leaving home because she wants to live on her own. No harm in that that eh.

Hmmm I wonder if we could convince SK to join us?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Says me and if you asked the people in those provinces, says them.

Actually, you should get out more. ;)

Yep, time for AB to start talking about separating. Separating is kinda the wrong word to use, I would say it's like your daughter leaving home because she wants to live on her own. No harm in that that eh.

Hmmm I wonder if we could convince SK to join us?

You tell'em Durry!!

Separatists getting louder with a quiet Alberta economy

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
A province separating in Canada....anyone at that, would be dumb... Britain's got aircraft carriers and ****, Canada as a whole got to stay together....

Looks like Scotland may be looking to separate.. why can't Alberta? Hell why not Quebec.

Brexit: Nicola Sturgeon says second Scottish independence vote 'highly likely' - BBC News

The BREXIT has proven to the world, have a democratic vote.. let the citizens living there decide.

With the rest of Canada rejecting Alberta Oil, our pipelines.. and trying to enforce Cap & Trade.. lets take a vote.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Right after TruedEXIT...

I would have thought that would make you want to stay, not go.

With the rest of Canada rejecting Alberta Oil, our pipelines.. and trying to enforce Cap & Trade.. lets take a vote.

Lets say Alberta separates. Do you really think that would make it any easier getting Alberta oil to market? You'd be surrounded on all sides by foreign countries and be landlocked. Foreign countries would likely be less accommodating than the one you are in now.

A lot of the other stuff you are complaining about are being done by the government Albertans themselves put in.