Being transgender is a ‘mental disorder

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Of course being transgender to the point you desire hormone treatments and surgery is a mental illness. A delusion.

Want to know your gender?

Look in your pants.

Unless you are an extremely tiny minority with a specific genetic flaw, the evidence therein should be clear.

Let it be your guide.

You don't get to choose.

The delusion is that you think you know how it is for Trans people.

You don't.

Gender is not about what's in your pants. Why are you and others like you so obsessed with sex organs? FFS, you're creepy for that being your constant focus.

Gender is a mental issue, not physical one.

You are right, you DON'T get to choose your gender. Sadly, nature makes 'mistakes' all the time, things get screwed up and sometimes things happen that shouldn't, like people's bodies being one way and their gender being another.

You are asking too much of poor wally. Ask him to click on the thumbs down, THAT he can do.

True. I'm expecting a red any time now, cause asking Wally to think is just oh so horrible!

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
I know several people who are transgender.

If you asked me how I felt about the subject ( other than feeling badly for a group of people, who just want to live the way they were meant to be) to me sex refers to what is between your legs, gender refers to the way society looks at masculine and feminine activities or clothing etc.

When you get right down to it, what business is it of mine if my Dad (long dead) wore a dress. That would have been his choice for his life.

Patrick Swayze made a beautiful woman. Wesley Snipes, not so good.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
For the sake of argument, what is the 'cure'? Is it worse than just letting them live their lives as the opposite sex?

I think everything that is not 'normal' can be in some way classified as a mental disorder. I think 'curing' it is almost crossing into the areas of thought police type correction.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
One's perception of themselves is their own business. No one has the right to force their own limited views on any other person. If you don't like something or someone, turn your head. Religious groups judge and attack anything that is outside of theirs 'good compasses' , which in essence is proof that they are not really religious at all, because they are going against Gods' creations, and challenging his very existence & everything in the bible because it is based on him being all powerful and unflawed. Doctors should spend their time finding cures for cancer, MS, autism, etc..

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
For the sake of argument, what is the 'cure'? Is it worse than just letting them live their lives as the opposite sex?

I think everything that is not 'normal' can be in some way classified as a mental disorder. I think 'curing' it is almost crossing into the areas of thought police type correction.

Interestingly, there is no formal definition for normal.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

What is the cure for any mental disorder?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Homosexuality is also a mental disorder.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm not so sure......................some of the experts claim that homosexuality among +/-5% of the population is perfectly normal.

Experts are, nine times out of eleven, wrong.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A statistic coming from a statistical expert of course.

There are many examples in life of "experts" being wrong. All those politicians and big organisations saying back in 2000 and 2001 that Britain would be better off if it adopted the euro were wrong. All those organisations who failed to predict the credit crunch were wrong. All those football "experts" who said at the beginning of the 2015/16 football season that Leicester City are the favourites to be relegated were as wrong as it's physically possible to be.

Nine times out of eleven, the "experts" spout twaddle.