Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
After years of lecturing everyone about right and wrong and “family values” and attempting to statutorily impose their own beliefs on America, Christian fundamentalists are now shocked to find out that they’ve been abandoned by pretty much everyone, including the Republican party. Katie Zezima reports on fundie dysphoria in the wake of Donald Trump’s ascension to titular head of the Republican party.

The NeoConservative movement has cynically used the Evangelical Right, with its strong Calvinist sentiments, to lock up a voter demographic for which they has no real allegiance.

The NeoCons are economic liberals, social libertarians, moral relativists, radical individualists... nothing could be further from Christian economics.. which is dirigiste, morally absolutist and promotes responsible Free Enterprise, economic equity and a dignified workplace.

So Trump's nomination far from being a disaster for the Christian Right, it is in fact its salvation. The homogenous support of Evangelicals for the RP has been eroding for decades as they've become increasingly aware of its hypocrisy.

Trump is no angel.. be he's far from the Devil's brew of Global Free Market Capitalism promoted by the NeoCons.. which has brought ALL Americans, excepting a few billionaire hedgefund parasites, to their knees.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
The NeoConservative movement has cynically used the Evangelical Right, with its strong Calvinist sentiments, to lock up a voter demographic for which they has no real allegiance.

The NeoCons are economic liberals, they are social libertarians, the moral relativists, radical individualists... nothing could be further from Christian economics.. which is dirigiste, morally absolutist and promotes responsible Free Enterprise.

So Trump's nomination far from being a disaster for the Christian Right, it is in fact its salvation. The homogenous support of Evangelicals the RP has been eroding for decades.. who've become increasingly aware of its hypocrisy.

Trump is no angel.. be he's far from the Devil's brew of Global Free Market Capitalism promoted by NeoCons.. which has brought ALL Americans, excepting a few billionaire hedgefund parasites, to their knees.
Aw shet ye trap you don't know. ,,Go Trump Yeeeeeeee Haawwwwww

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
If Trump is a blow to the Christian Right, why did he kick Cruz's a$$ in every single Bible Belt state!? Hint: the Christian right loves him; the Social Justice Warriors hate him. I'm not Trump fan, but part of me wants him to win simply because it would drive the SJWs absolutely crazy.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We be b fooken st st st stoopid

Trump is the responsibility of the freeloading left. Stop them and the political class that feeds off them and there would be no need for Trump.

If Trump is a blow to the Christian Right, why did he kick Cruz's a$$ in every single Bible Belt state!? Hint: the Christian right loves him; the Social Justice Warriors hate him. I'm not Trump fan, but part of me wants him to win simply because it would drive the SJWs absolutely crazy.

That is the only reason I want him to win. Shake up the political establishment.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That is the only reason I want him to win. Shake up the political establishment.

You know... I was listening to a radio program stating that Trump voters would vote for Bernie and Bernie voters would vote for Trump even though they are polar opposites on many issues. Millions want to just upend the establishment on both sides.

It is going to be a very interesting summer and fall.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You know... I was listening to a radio program stating that Trump voters would vote for Bernie and Bernie voters would vote for Trump even though they are polar opposites on many issues. Millions want to just upend the establishment on both sides.

It is going to be a very interesting summer and fall.
If listening to idiots spout idiocy is your notion of interesting.