Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Logic!! ....Guns in the US: The statistics behind the violence - BBC News

There were 13286 killed and 26819 injured by guns and that does not include the last week of the year, which is generally the highest in the year.

there were 372 mass shootings with 425 deaths. There were 64 school shootings.

The chart gives some idea of how well our laws work. I would say that is validation enough wouldn't you??

You still don't get it.

Show me Canadian stats that correlate to Canadian laws.

A Canadian law intended to create improvement, should actually create improvement.Correct?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Here's a drawing for you. This is what you need to show in order to make a strong case for an existing Canadian law.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 7

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
This is NOT a logical way to validate a Canadian Law. A Canadian law is NOT valid simply because another country has stats that are much worse.

Attachments

• example3.jpg
    example3.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 4

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Logic!! ....Guns in the US: The statistics behind the violence - BBC News

There were 13286 killed and 26819 injured by guns and that does not include the last week of the year, which is generally the highest in the year.

there were 372 mass shootings with 425 deaths. There were 64 school shootings.

The chart gives some idea of how well our laws work. I would say that is validation enough wouldn't you??

Do you actually believe the BBC? The UK artificially understates their crime stats while the US overstates theirs. Both countries do this to bolster their own arguments; that the UK's draconian gun laws work, but they actually drove up violent crime. The US government also wants to do the same so they misrepresent their stats. They both use "gun crime" figures totally ignoring the use of any other weapon. Dead is dead whether by gun, knife, fireplace poker, bare hands... This fixation on firearms does nothing to get to the real issues.

Do you think the London riots would have happened here, where we still have some semblance of the right to defense of self and property? Something the British government denies its citizens, or subjects as the case may be now.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
This is NOT a logical way to validate a Canadian Law. A Canadian law is NOT valid simply because another country has stats that are much worse.
Canada?s crime rate: Two decades of decline

Will government stats do it for you??

Do you actually believe the BBC? The UK artificially understates their crime stats while the US overstates theirs. Both countries do this to bolster their own arguments; that the UK's draconian gun laws work, but they actually drove up violent crime. The US government also wants to do the same so they misrepresent their stats. They both use "gun crime" figures totally ignoring the use of any other weapon. Dead is dead whether by gun, knife, fireplace poker, bare hands... This fixation on firearms does nothing to get to the real issues.

Do you think the London riots would have happened here, where we still have some semblance of the right to defense of self and property? Something the British government denies its citizens, or subjects as the case may be now.
I do when the information correlates with the news I hear everyday here in a small region of eastern Florida. There has not been within my memory a single day without a shooting or three in this area on the morning news. Mind you the traffic accidents are taking out nearly as many here as well. In the last week, there have been two stories of people going the wrong way on the interstate. The one this morning wiped out a couple of vehicles but no deaths thankfully. So, perhaps Canada's laws and stats are fairly accurate.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Yup the cement walls of some intellects does make them somewhat difficult to permeate. I have learned to demand links and know what?? Very few decent ones emerge. When no links or provable stats present themselves, the cement walls, resort to put downs and personal attacks. It lets me know immediately the no-nothings have arrived with nothing but hot air to expel

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsVCHE7ayPE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2gCFOtaZPo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2gCFOtaZPo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTiLkkMCMQ4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzb7SLsFwtE

I love these Gunny & Glock Commercials.. wants to make me run out an buy another one.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Yup the cement walls of some intellects does make them somewhat difficult to permeate. I have learned to demand links and know what?? Very few decent ones emerge. When no links or provable stats present themselves, the cement walls, resort to put downs and personal attacks. It lets me know immediately the no-nothings have arrived with nothing but hot air to expel

I think you are projecting. I've been asking for stats and links from you for ages now.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Canada?s crime rate: Two decades of decline

Will government stats do it for you??

I do when the information correlates with the news I hear everyday here in a small region of eastern Florida. There has not been within my memory a single day without a shooting or three in this area on the morning news. Mind you the traffic accidents are taking out nearly as many here as well. In the last week, there have been two stories of people going the wrong way on the interstate. The one this morning wiped out a couple of vehicles but no deaths thankfully. So, perhaps Canada's laws and stats are fairly accurate.

Of course you do, because you also believe what the news tells you, they give you the same information you present. Just think about it for a minute, 374 mass shootings and out of that 425 deaths, that tells me that mass shooters are very bad shots or someone is spiking the stats. You are not told how many incidents occur where criminal activity is already present, how many are actually police involved shootings. Stats have also included shootings in a home where firearms are present in the home when they were actually brought in by the assailants.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What you are really saying is:if my wife brings a gun into my house,it makes me more likely to murder.

This is assinine for several reasons but I only need a few to show how misinformed you are.

I already have a gun in my house. A second gun does not change my long standing commitment to love and cherish my spouse. The first gun didn't. The second gun won't. There is no room for discussion on this. You are absolutely wrong.

However, if I entertain your rediculous notion that a second gun will influence my mindset, then you have ignored the fact that a firearm has an equalizing quality to it. The world becomes much friendlier to armed men when wives stay unarmed, ie disarming the wife will remove any chance of equalization.

One again, I will point out that your views on firearms for women is down right cruel.

I think most of the sensible people on the forum understand and I believe it's almost a certainly that BB never will. I think she might be a lot happier if she switched over to knitting socks! :)

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I think most of the sensible people on the forum understand and I believe it's almost a certainly that BB never will. I think she might be a lot happier if she switched over to knitting socks! :)

You better watch it, that "stick to your knitting" expression sure got Peter McKay into a $h!t storm. :lol:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
I think you are projecting. I've been asking for stats and links from you for ages now.
Yes you have now instead of giving you statistics, I am going to explain something about statistics.

First understand that Statistics have not been, not now and will not ever be accurate. You must look carefully at the sources, question the procedure and inform yourself on the credibility of those compiling those numbers. You must always examine the source or in other words who has the most to gain or lose by the belief put in them.

Mark Twain quotes Benjamin Disraeli as saying "There are 3 kinds of lies.......Lies, Damed Lies, & Statistics The proper appreciation of statistics strongly support conclusion.

Some like the stats they find supporting their wishes of course, but it sure doesn't make them accurate, nor believable to many others who dare to question them.

You better watch it, that "stick to your knitting" expression sure got Peter McKay into a $h!t storm. :lol:
Yup and of course many here belong behind a garbage truck. By the way, I prefer carpentry, gardening, or reading. Never could knit and not really interested in doing so.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
oh goodie! I like Mark Twain quotes:

I have carried a revolver; lots of us do, but they are the most innocent things in the world.
- "Mark Twain Put to the Question" interview, Adelaide South Australian Register, 10/14/1895

here's a george orwell quote:
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

― George Orwell

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
LOL well most of what I posted about statistics comes from a course explaining using statistics.....So continue on showing me how intelligent the lot of you are.

By the way James, I have offered links to statistics but you will only accept those that agree with your mindset on guns. This becomes very obvious from your quote from George Orwell. You equate owning a gun with democracy. On the other hand I equate Democracy with being able to express my opinion, living as I wish to without needing a weapon to do so.

Of course you do, because you also believe what the news tells you, they give you the same information you present. Just think about it for a minute, 374 mass shootings and out of that 425 deaths, that tells me that mass shooters are very bad shots or someone is spiking the stats. You are not told how many incidents occur where criminal activity is already present, how many are actually police involved shootings. Stats have also included shootings in a home where firearms are present in the home when they were actually brought in by the assailants.
Well, it is pretty hard to ignore the truth of a newscast with covered corpses lying on the pavement behind the newscaster. Tonight the news (which I turned on a bit late, and missed the beginning, there was a father upset about his 6 year old son shot dead by a stray bullet, a 17 shot dead in a drive by, and a small gun battle between police and a culprit of some sort, where an unfortunate person not involved was killed. .

As for those stats. Take a minute and think about them. It mentions deaths, not those injured and maimed in those stats. See what I mean about stats?

Last edited:

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
By the way James, I have offered links to statistics but you will only accept those that agree with your mindset on guns.

I find your comment very dishonest.

I have recently drawn 3 graphs for you to describe what I will accept and won't accept. Not one of them has a 'mindset' designed into it.

To be clear, I want to see evidence that Canadian laws made a difference in Canada. It doesn't have to be statistical evidence. If you have any empirical evidence I would consider it as well.