How Megyn Kelly Became the New Star of Fox News

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Megyn Kelly is bucking the conventional wisdom of what it means to be a Fox News anchor. The take-no-prisoners newswoman isn’t afraid to throw hardballs at Republicans. She recently lectured Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul over his penchant for arguing with female reporters. She poked Jeb Bush about whether he would have invaded Iraq in 2003. She cornered Mike Huckabee for saying it was trashy for women to swear in public. Last year, she told Dick Cheney, “History has proven that you got it wrong” on Iraq. On Election Night 2012, she dared to question Karl Rove for claiming that Barack Obama hadn’t won Ohio, and it went viral.

Just as surprisingly, she says she wouldn’t brawl with a certain Democratic presidential candidate if she landed an exclusive with her. “I think Hillary Clinton could handle me — easily,” Kelly says on a recent afternoon in her Manhattan office. “That would be epic television,” she muses. “Here she is, this powerful woman talking to somebody who is also a woman in a powerful post, who would never be accused of giving her a pass. Right? But I respect Hillary Clinton, and all that she’s achieved.” Kelly makes the case that she’d be fair. “I’d be under pressure, too. If you want to get big-name Democrats who are running for president, do you want to annihilate them? Of course not.”

more

Megyn Kelly: How the Fox News Anchor Became the Star of the Network | Variety

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
now Megyn is a "liberal":

Ted Cruz smears Megyn Kelly as a 'mainstream media liberal journalist' cuz she asked him a question

In another entry in the 2016 annals of "If Trump's doing it, me too," Ted Cruz went after Fox News host Megyn Kelly after she dared to ask him a question on whether he would deport citizen children born in the U.S. to undocumented immigrants. Nick Gass reports:
When Kelly pressed the Texas senator on what he would do as president, Cruz said that he’s “not playing the game” and declined to answer the question.
“What would President Cruz do? Do American citizen children of two illegal immigrants, who are born here, the children, get deported under a President Cruz?” Kelly asked.

Donald Trump, she said, “has answered that question explicitly.”

“Megyn, I get that that’s the question you want to ask,” Cruz said. “That’s also the question every mainstream media liberal journalist wants to ask.”

Asked whether it is an unfair question, Cruz said that it is “a distraction” from solving the issue.

“You know, it’s also the question that Barack Obama wants to focus on,” Cruz retorted.

Ouch. Mainstream media liberal journalist? A tool of Barack Obama? Next thing you know, Kelly will be working at Daily Kos.
Cruz, a well-known seeker of real solutions, went on to say that he wouldn't give Kelly a simple "yes" or "no" because he needed to focus on "bipartisan agreement first."

Apparently, "bipartisan agreement" really means just shoving your own agenda down the throats of everyone else in service of your own presidential ambitions.

mebbe the straps on her heels were too tight (?)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Its a fair question and she is a good journalist. The problem is the Republicans don't
have main stream conservatives who are reasonable. Its not liberal journalists it is the
question on everyone's mind. Will they see mass deportations just like the ones in
Germany decades ago?
The real situation is the people of America won't support Trump in the long run.
Hey he will make America great by killing sons and grandsons in wars to demonstrate
his ego is alive and well.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Megayn looks great,this is all she needs to do,
it doesn't matter what content she puts forths,she just has to push that beautiful/sexy energy,she will move up very quick in the ranks.
beauty has many advantages.
move over anne coulter.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Foxxy News and the Donald are just playing with the Foxxy viewers........

Donald Trump’s very fragile ego just couldn’t bear the critical questioning of his platform by Megyn Kelly tonight. And instead of taking it like a man, much less like a president, he went on a Twitter tirade against her, including calling her a “bimbo” again.

I am no fan of Kelly nor her guest Chris Stirewalt. But there was absolutely nothing wrong or unfair or even especially biased against Trump. But Trump apparently thinks he's entitled to the slobbering coverage he usually gets on Fox. Heck, it’s not like anybody brought up that Hawaii birther investigation he claimed to be conducting (and never revealed the results of). No, Kelly and Stirewalt very substantively discussed Trump’s immigration plan from the standpoint of rival Jeb Bush's criticisms of it.

For example, Kelly said about Jeb Bush in her introduction, which was obviously pre-scripted, "The gloves come off the in the race for the White House as a leading Republican contender attacks Donald Trump, the frontrunner, calling his immigration proposals 'unrealistic' and 'not conservative.'" We saw a clip of Bush attacking Trump.

Kelly went on to cite a new poll that showed "Trump's got a problem with the Hispanic voters," as she put it. She asked the very legitimate question as to how that will affect Republicans in the general election since the other candidates seem to be moving toward Trump's anti-immigrant stance. "We saw Mitt Romney try something like this. It didn't work out too well for him," Kelly said. Stirewalt said the candidates could get "marooned" there.

Was Kelly challenging Trump's positions? Yes. But she was substantive, fair and on point. Quite a contrast to the rash of personal attacks Trump has laid on her.

But this was too much for Mr. Stand Up For America. In his temper tantrum, he retweeted the following personal attacks: “The bimbo back in town. I hope not for long.” And “She has come back looking like Nancy Grace.”

more

Donald Trump Goes On A Sexist Twitter Tirade Against Megyn Kelly Again - NewsHounds

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Foxxy News and the Donald are just playing with the Foxxy viewers........

Donald Trump’s very fragile ego just couldn’t bear the critical questioning of his platform by Megyn Kelly tonight. And instead of taking it like a man, much less like a president, he went on a Twitter tirade against her, including calling her a “bimbo” again.

I am no fan of Kelly nor her guest Chris Stirewalt. But there was absolutely nothing wrong or unfair or even especially biased against Trump. But Trump apparently thinks he's entitled to the slobbering coverage he usually gets on Fox. Heck, it’s not like anybody brought up that Hawaii birther investigation he claimed to be conducting (and never revealed the results of). No, Kelly and Stirewalt very substantively discussed Trump’s immigration plan from the standpoint of rival Jeb Bush's criticisms of it.

For example, Kelly said about Jeb Bush in her introduction, which was obviously pre-scripted, "The gloves come off the in the race for the White House as a leading Republican contender attacks Donald Trump, the frontrunner, calling his immigration proposals 'unrealistic' and 'not conservative.'" We saw a clip of Bush attacking Trump.

Kelly went on to cite a new poll that showed "Trump's got a problem with the Hispanic voters," as she put it. She asked the very legitimate question as to how that will affect Republicans in the general election since the other candidates seem to be moving toward Trump's anti-immigrant stance. "We saw Mitt Romney try something like this. It didn't work out too well for him," Kelly said. Stirewalt said the candidates could get "marooned" there.

Was Kelly challenging Trump's positions? Yes. But she was substantive, fair and on point. Quite a contrast to the rash of personal attacks Trump has laid on her.

But this was too much for Mr. Stand Up For America. In his temper tantrum, he retweeted the following personal attacks: “The bimbo back in town. I hope not for long.” And “She has come back looking like Nancy Grace.”

more

Donald Trump Goes On A Sexist Twitter Tirade Against Megyn Kelly Again - NewsHounds

Yup old Donald won't stand for gothca questions , even from Fox news .
Refreshing isn't it .

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Interesting how Cruz and Trump are directing their hate towards her. Recall how a couple of weeks ago I was predicting much vitriol among the Republican candidates. And while there has been some, they have managed to re-direct their mania towards someone else knowing that if they didn't their words would be used as future cannon fodder by the Democrats.

oh megyn!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Megyn Kelly says she’s ’done with politics’ in NBC show debut
David Bauder, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 12:32 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, September 25, 2017 03:33 PM EDT
NEW YORK — Megyn Kelly made her debut as an NBC morning TV host on Monday with the declaration that she’s “kind of done with politics for now.”
The former Fox News Channel anchor was in the thick of it during the 2016 presidential campaign, most notably when then-candidate Donald Trump turned on her following her sharp questioning of him in a debate.
She joked at the beginning of “Megyn Kelly Today” that “we’ll be dissecting the latest tweet from President Trump.”
No, she wouldn’t. Trump was tweeting about football players and the flag Monday morning, but Kelly’s show had an interview with the revived cast of NBC’s “Will & Grace,” a toast from her new “Today” colleagues and a story about a nun fighting violence in Chicago.
“The truth is, I’m kind of done with politics for now,” Kelly said. “You know why, right? We all felt it, it’s everywhere. And it’s just gotten so dark.”
She said she wants viewers “to have a laugh with us, a smile, sometimes a tear and maybe a little hope to start your day.”
HBO’s John Oliver had a takedown of Kelly on his show that aired the night before. The show quoted Kelly as saying she hoped her show could be a unifying force and said, “and now a look at the unifying force that is Megyn Kelly.”
It than ran a clip reel of Kelly from Fox News briefly mentioning hot button issues like Black Lives Matter, the New Black Panther Party and whether Santa Claus was white. NBC News had no immediate comment on Oliver’s segment.
http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/912311935667859456
Megyn Kelly says she

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Megan Kelly destroyed her own career, not Putin or Trump
They still seem to be going strong
:)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Critics call Megyn Kelly a 'Bride of Frankenstein' after watching 'staged' show
Rosa Sanchez, RadarOnline Staff
First posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:10 AM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:04 AM EDT
Megyn Kelly ‘s new NBC show Megyn Kelly Today has dragged the TV host down to the dumps as critics bash her for completely failing to connect with her audience.
“If there was one message that Megyn Kelly sought to impart in the first installment of her new NBC talk show, Megyn Kelly Today, it was this: The old Megyn can’t come to the phone right now,” a Time.com reporter wrote.
“NBC’s Megyn Kelly experiment unveils its latest creation, a morning-show Bride of Frankenstein,” tweeted the Washington Post .
Other critics argued that in her new show, Kelly, 46, lost the sense of brainy persistence and integrity that made her the well-known reporter she once was. They said her only focus in her new segment was to make fans adore Kelly the way she herself adores Kelly.
The chaos reached a new height when the host claimed she was “kind of done with politics for now,” meanwhile, earlier this year she interviewed Russian President Vladimir Putin and controversial show host Alex Jones!
A Jezebel reporter brutally compared Kelly’s failed attempt at a hit show to “a HomeGoods catalog brought to life.”
At one point during the segment – after Kelly jokingly asked a fan if watching Will & Grace had turned him gay – the host’s husband Douglas Brunt appeared on stage with a bouquet of red roses.
As a CNN reporter wrote,”Kelly is working awfully hard at being herself,” in her Today show makeover.
As Radar exclusively reported, an insider claimed everything that Kelly did on the show was entirely “staged” and “rehearsed.”
Even “the beautiful dozen red roses that Megyn’s husband surprised her with this morning were bought and paid for by the show,” the insider said to Radar.
Producers were already “in panic” over fears the show would bring low ratings, and now just about every media outlet has confirmed the bad news!
http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/912314899166003200
Critics call Megyn Kelly a 'Bride of Frankenstein' after watching 'staged' show

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
NBC's Megyn Kelly walks back from fat-shaming comments
Postmedia News
More from Postmedia News
Published:
January 12, 2018
Updated:
January 12, 2018 1:02 PM EST
Megyn Kelly poses on the set of her new show, "Megyn Kelly Today" at NBC Studios on Thursday, Sept, 21, 2017, in New York.
Megyn Kelly’s unconventional fitness advice has some viewers up in arms.
During a segment with “Fit Mom” Maria King Thursday, the host of NBC’s Megyn Kelly TODAY argued “fat-shaming” could be the key to meeting weight-loss goals.
“Some of us want to be shamed,” Kelly responded to King. “When I was in law school, I was gaining weight, I said to my stepfather, ‘If you see me going into that kitchen one more time, you say, ‘Where you going, fat a–?’ And it works!”
Needless to say, Kelly’s comments didn’t, uh, “work” for everyone.
The View co-host Meghan McCain took to Twitter to rebuke Kelly’s comments.
“I was publicly fat shammed early on in my career and it sent me to therapy,” McCAin said. “Trust me, there are real life ramifications for fat shaming of any kind, it is NEVER acceptable. We should be fostering a healthy culture that celebrates all women of all sizes.”
Kelly retraced her steps a day later, saying Friday she doesn’t support shaming.
“I said something yesterday on the show that clearly struck a nerve, and I think it’s a conversation we need to have openly,” Kelly said. “We were discussing body-shaming others, something I absolutely do not support.”
Before spiralling out of control, Kelly’s intention was to interview King, a popular fitness blogger, after she inflamed the masses by asking a simple fitness question: “What’s your excuse?” King has since swapped the word “excuse” for “reason” – which was lost in the hoopla surrounding Kelly’s phrasing.
Megyn Kelly walks back from fat-shaming comments | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Megyn Kelly apologizes for suggesting blackface OK
Associated Press
Published:
October 23, 2018
Updated:
October 23, 2018 6:04 PM EDT
Megyn Kelly poses on the set of her new show, "Megyn Kelly Today" at NBC Studios on Thursday, Sept, 21, 2017, in New York.
NEW YORK — NBC’s Megyn Kelly swiftly apologized Tuesday for a morning show segment that questioned why dressing up in blackface for a Halloween costume is wrong.
Following a social media backlash, Kelly wrote in an email to NBC News colleagues that she realized such behaviour is wrong, that the history of blackface in culture is abhorrent.
On her morning show, the 47-year-old news host said that dressing up in blackface was OK when she was a kid as long as you were impersonating a character. She questioned why it had been considered racist when a character on “The Real Housewives of New York” darkened her skin for a Diana Ross costume.
“I felt like, ’Who doesn’t love Diana Ross?”’ she said.
On social media, several critics drew comparisons to Kelly’s insistence while at Fox News Channel that Santa Claus was white. “I was born in the same decade as Megyn Kelly and do not recall blackface being acceptable anywhere, anytime,” tweeted Alex Wagner of CBS News.
In her email, Kelly said that she’d never been a “PC” person, “but I understand that we do need to be more sensitive in this day and age. Particularly on race and ethnicity issues which, far from being healed, have been exacerbated in our politics over the past year.
“This is a time for more understanding, love, sensitivity and honour, and I want to be part of that,” she wrote.
Kelly’s transition from Fox News to her own 9 a.m. hour as part of the “Today” show has been anything but smooth, and Tuesday’s incident doesn’t help.
She had an edge from the beginning of the offending segment, where she discussed Halloween costumes with a panel that included Jenna Bush Hager, Melissa Rivers and Jacob Soboroff.
“The costume police are cracking down like never before,” she said, ridiculing a college that suggested wearing a cowboy outfit was inadvisable. She noted that one safe suggestion was to go dressed as a letter of the alphabet, and that she had discussed that with her husband.
“I’m going to go as ’F’ and he’s going to go as ’U,’ she said.
Megyn Kelly walks back from fat-shaming comments
Megyn Kelly says Jane Fonda has ’no business’ lecturing her

http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/1054725740476973057
http://torontosun.com/entertainment/television/megyn-kelly-apologizes-for-suggesting-blackface-ok

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Megyn Kelly, NBC News reach separation agreement
Associated Press
Published:
January 11, 2019
Updated:
January 11, 2019 10:59 PM EST
NEW YORK — NBC News announced its professional divorce agreement with Megyn Kelly late Friday, ending an association with the former Fox News Channel star whose attempt to become a network morning television star as part of the Today show floundered.
Terms were not disclosed. Kelly was in the second of a three-year contract that reportedly paid her more than US$20 million a year.
She’s been off the air since October after creating a furor by suggesting that it was OK for white people to wear blackface on Halloween, and exit negotiations had dragged for two months over the holidays. Even before the controversial commentary, her future was considered limited at NBC News.
“The parties have resolved their differences, and Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee of NBC,” the network said in a statement Friday night.
NBC says she’ll be replaced in the third hour of the Today show by anchors Craig Melvin, Al Roker, Dylan Dreyer and Sheinelle Jones.
Her tenure was also a failure for NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack, who lured her from Fox News Channel with the type of big-money contract that was once standard in television news but now is less so with financial constrictions and less viewership. In a sense, Kelly was caught in a no-woman’s land: some at NBC were suspicious of her because of the Fox News background, while her former audience at Fox resented her for tough questioning of Donald Trump on the presidential campaign trail.
While at Fox, her accusations of unwanted sexual advances by the network’s late chief executive, Roger Ailes, helped lead to his firing.
She made news at NBC when interviewing women who accused Trump of inappropriate behaviour and s poke with accusers of Harvey Weinstein, Bill O’Reilly, Roy Moore and others, as well as women who say they were harassed on Capitol Hill. The episode with Trump accusers had more than 2.9 million viewers, one of her biggest audiences on the network.
Time magazine, which honoured “The Silence Breakers” as its Person of the Year in 2017, cited Kelly as the group’s leader in the entertainment field.
Megyn Kelly goes to see play about news anchor who loses job
Megyn Kelly’s lawyer slams NBC, accuses network of allowing lies to spread
NBC cancels Megyn Kelly’s morning show after blackface controversy
But tough segments on accusations against former NBC anchor Matt Lauer didn’t win her friends internally, as did her public call for Lack to appoint outside investigators to look into why the network didn’t air Ronan Farrow’s stories about Harvey Weinstein and allowed Farrow to take his story to The New Yorker.
When those stories began to fade, Kelly had trouble attracting an audience in the soft-focus world of morning television. She also briefly hosted an evening newsmagazine that didn’t catch on with viewers.
Kelly made a tearful apology to viewers following her blackface comments, but it proved to be her last appearance on NBC News.
“What is racist?” she said on the show. “Truly, you do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface on Halloween or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid, that was OK, as long as you were dressing up as a character.”
Critics accused her of ignoring the ugly history of minstrel shows and movies in which whites applied blackface to mock blacks.
It’s not immediately clear what’s next for Kelly. NBC would not comment Friday on whether the separation agreement allows her to write about her experiences at the network.
There’s no non-compete clause, meaning Kelly is free to seek other television work if she wants to.
http://torontosun.com/entertainment/television/megyn-kelly-nbc-news-reach-separation-agreement

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
oh my!

uh-huh
You mean, "slutty" isn't enough go keep your job on Fox News? A real journalist wouldn't stoop so low.

Maybe, Trump will hire her on to the White House where there is a large need for some fresh pussy to grab, right now.