Donald Trump Announces 2016 White House Bid

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I fought no one . Which battles where you in ?
I don't remember any .

You said battles, not I . This is one of those ingenuous "when did you stop beating you wife" questions.

Millions of men and women served in NATO armed forces countering the Soviet threat over forty years, including me. That is what I said. After adding 2+2 and coming up with 57, you then asked what battle I was in. You are either trying to set me up, are as thick as a plank or perhaps both.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
You said battles, not I . This is one of those ingenuous "when did you stop beating you wife" questions.

Millions of men and women served in NATO armed forces countering the Soviet threat over forty years, including me. That is what I said. After adding 2+2 and coming up with 57, you then asked what battle I was in. You are either trying to set me up, are as thick as a plank or perhaps both.
Neither , You not I said that you fought in the cold war .If you had said served I would not have questioned you .
You specifically said fought . to me that implies you saw action .
As an uninformed rube I was just curious as to where this action took place .

Neither , You not I said that you fought in the cold war .If you had said served I would not have questioned you .
You specifically said fought . to me that implies you saw action .
As an uninformed rube I was just curious as to where this action took place .
P.S.
You will notice I never questioned your character or insulted your intelligence .

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I guess you can't back up your claims of fighting NATO's adversaries then. You lied.

I wasn't the one tooting my horn so either come out and tell us where this fight was or admit you are FOS.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I guess you can't back up your claims of fighting NATO's adversaries then. You lied.

I wasn't the one tooting my horn so either come out and tell us where this fight was or admit you are FOS.
No Eagle he just got lost in the moment and now doesn't know how to back up gracefully .
I

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

I was in the Navy in a seaborne trade sailing out of the Atlantic coast and that was our primary mission for almost two generations.

So, Marine, what about you?

No Eagle he just got lost in the moment and now doesn't know how to back up gracefully .
I

You are an A hole.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I was in the Navy in a seaborne trade sailing out of the Atlantic coast and that was our primary mission for almost two generations.

So, Marine, what about you?

You are an A hole.
See I never said one thing about your character or your honesty yet you call me an a-hole .
Man you have a chip on your shoulder or something .
Civil discourse is your strong suit I see .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Millions of men and women served in NATO armed forces countering the Soviet threat over forty years, including me.
You and me both, bro. EagleSmack too. Whatever our disagreements, we did good work.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
See I never said one thing about your character or your honesty yet you call me an a-hole .
Man you have a chip on your shoulder or something .
Civil discourse is your strong suit I see .

No, A-hole. I have an extremely low opinion of someone who joins in with a bully, like that.
You may not think much of my "civil discourse" but a lifetime of experience encountering toadies like you is that you and yours are defective human beings.

I have never advertised my military service like your pal "Eagle Smack" but it has been listed on my profile since the day that I registered for this forum.

Now would you like to go into details about the "battles" that you fought? What a moronic question you asked, BTW.

Maybe,in circumstances like this one where you haven't a clue about the meaning of your insults but you go ahead and make them anyway, perhaps you should just shut the feck up and not join the lynch mob, a-hole.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, A-hole. I have an extremely low opinion of someone who joins in with a bully, like that.
You may not think much of my "civil discourse" but a lifetime of experience encountering toadies like you is that you and yours are defective human beings.

I have never advertised my military service like your pal "Eagle Smack" but it has been listed on my profile since the day that I registered for this forum.

Now would you like to go into details about the "battles" that you fought? What a moronic question you asked, BTW.

Maybe,in circumstances like this one where you haven't a clue about the meaning of your insults but you go ahead and make them anyway, perhaps you should just shut the feck up and not join the lynch mob, a-hole.

Curious, let it go. I don't care what you did in the Cold War: manned a DEW line station, served as a clerk-typist in Manitoba, or rode the waves in a Canadian ship. You served with honour, and your readiness is what stopped, and eventually destroyed, the USSR.

When EagleSmack's in a better mood, he'll acknowledge that.

I acknowledge it now. We worked hard to hold the line against the only existential threat the U.S. and Canada ever faced. We done good.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You and me both, bro. EagleSmack too. Whatever our disagreements, we did good work.

Cripes! We won one of the longest and definitely most dangerous confrontations in human history.

P.S. Ronald Reagan DID NOT do that with a sound byte. The wheels fell off the Soviet Union when they wheeled into Afghanistan, not when Ronnie told them to tear the wall down (which the Russians never did, anyway).

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Cripes! We won one of the longest and definitely most dangerous confrontations in human history.

P.S. Ronald Reagan DID NOT do that with a sound byte. The wheels fell off the Soviet Union when they wheeled into Afghanistan, not when Ronnie told them to tear the wall down (which the Russians never did, anyway).
Of course not. Reagan did his share, and got in some hard hits against the Sovs. But if you want to credit any one man for shaping the Cold War and its ultimate conclusion, give it to Harry Truman.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

you got that right...

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
yeah I do think I would like a mature, well educated, well informed ,well in tune when knowing when to listen, and knowing when to speak out, 'Lady" for the top office in the executive branch of US government. Who that could be I do not know . Can't see anyone out there at this point. Maybe not in my lifetime but one day hopefully.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Of course not. Reagan did his share, and got in some hard hits against the Sovs. But if you want to credit any one man for shaping the Cold War and its ultimate conclusion, give it to Harry Truman.

Korea was an enormous success, in the end. Anyone who doubts the need to stop the Communists from enslaving the South (literally) need only compare the two Koreas and understand that "Communist slavery" was far more than mete propagandistic rhetoric.

Curious, let it go. I don't care what you did in the Cold War: manned a DEW line station, served as a clerk-typist in Manitoba, or rode the waves in a Canadian ship. You served with honour, and your readiness is what stopped, and eventually destroyed, the USSR.

When EagleSmack's in a better mood, he'll acknowledge that.

I acknowledge it now. We worked hard to hold the line against the only existential threat the U.S. and Canada ever faced. We done good.

I was an engineer ... still am.

Last edited: