Fhritp

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
For those not in the center of the Canadian universe...something happened yesterday and now it's a 'big thing' or something. Anyway, douchebags aside, here be the poop:

Journalism in the Age of Entitlement: They're entitled to their questions. You're not entitled to your answer.

btw, this is how a nonchalant pro does it:

it's stupid, old and juvenile yes...but let's be sure to string them up for it too. :lol:

and so it begins:

Hydro One ‏@HydroOne

Hydro One statement regarding an employee at the TFC game.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I wish that I could say that puerile, stupid behavior like this is somehow isolated, but ...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Ai yai yai......of two minds on this one.

On the one hand, a singular outside of work hours incident of juvenile stupidity probably shouldn't cost someone their job. I mean, he didn't kill someone for goodness sakes, everybody will actually survive.

On the other hand I am getting really tired of all the morons out there who do not by now realize that everyone in the free world has a camera, a Twitter/Facebook account and that ANYTHING you say and do will be viewed halfway around the world before you even go to bed that night. That has to be, in this day and age, a very special kind of stupid.

That buddy compounds this by snickering, grinning and acting all macho "ain't I a funny guy" bro to a reporter on camera just makes it that much harder for me to have sympathy for him, despite the idea that I do not believe he should be penalized so drastically by the loss of a job.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
At no time on camera was he identified as a Hydro One employee. Not sure how their workplace conduct applies.

I think its an incredibly stupid thing to do ... something my teenager won't do ... and his ban from MLSE for a year seemed like an appropriate punishment.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
This is a violation of his First Amendment rights!

Only in the US of A, Bones.

For those not in the center of the Canadian universe...something happened yesterday and now it's a 'big thing' or something. Anyway, douchebags aside, here be the poop:

Journalism in the Age of Entitlement: They're entitled to their questions. You're not entitled to your answer.

btw, this is how a nonchalant pro does it:

it's stupid, old and juvenile yes...but let's be sure to string them up for it too. :lol:

and so it begins:

Hydro One ‏@HydroOne

Hydro One statement regarding an employee at the TFC game.

Yep, Hydro one definitely should feel free to lecture us on honesty and manners, and all manner of rip offs........douchebags all.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I absolutely detest big money team sports, and the culture that accompanies them.

To correct Marx, Religion is dead, Sports is the opium of the people.

The dumbing down of society continues unabated.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Only in the US of A, Bones.
Not even there, Nug. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. The First Amendment doesn't apply between employer and employee.

I absolutely detest big money team sports, and the culture that accompanies them.

To correct Marx, Religion is dead, Sports is the opium of the people.

The dumbing down of society continues unabated.
I've said for quite some time that Marx only said "religion is the opiate of the masses" only because he'd never seen TV.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Not even there, Nug. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. The First Amendment doesn't apply between employer and employee.

Nope. Imagine Thomas Jefferson in deep thought, staring out the window at Monticello and watching his slaves toiling in the sun as he contemplated the First Amendment.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nope. Imagine Thomas Jefferson in deep thought, staring out the window at Monticello and watching his slaves toiling in the sun as he contemplated the First Amendment.
I would, but TJ wasn't much involved in the drafting of the Constitution. The Declaration of Independence was his baby.

The Bill of Rights, by the way, was pretty much a paraphrase of the preceding Virginia Bill of Rights by George Mason.

American history would be easier if there weren't so many Georges.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I would, but TJ wasn't much involved in the drafting of the Constitution. The Declaration of Independence was his baby.

The Bill of Rights, by the way, was pretty much a paraphrase of the preceding Virginia Bill of Rights by George Mason.

American history would be easier if there weren't so many Georges.
We had one too many of them two presidents ago.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario