Hey, I think Blackberry is going to make it

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
BlackBerry unveiled the new BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones on January 30th. BlackBerry Z10 is now available for purchase in a number of markets around the world and will be available in the United States starting this month.

I wish I had taken every single extra penny I had and bought BB stock at $5.00 a pop.

gooooooooo Blackberry

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
BlackBerry wins key security clearance from U.S. military

OK gives Waterloo, Ont.-based company the all-clear to manage devices that use rival software

The company said the DISA clearance will allow its customers in various U.S. Department of Defense agencies to begin to use its BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) 10 system to manage and secure devices powered by Google Inc's Android operating system and Apple Inc's iOS software.

BlackBerry launched the service to manage rival devices on its BES system a year ago, as part of a move that would help the company sell high-margin services to its large clients even if many, or all, their workers use smartphones made by its competitors.

The new feature, dubbed Secure Work Space, is managed through BES 10, a new back-end system launched at the start of 2013 that allows BlackBerry's clients to control mobile devices on their internal networks.

The decision to service non-BlackBerry devices came as the company's devices had waned in popularity with consumers.

BlackBerry wins key security clearance from U.S. military - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hey, I think Blackberry is going to make it

Whatever it's making, let's hope it's not going to be as crap as all the other things they've already made.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Whatever it's making, let's hope it's not going to be as crap as all the other things they've already made.
this comment proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know zero about the BlackBerry product nor its integrity

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
this comment proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know zero about the BlackBerry product nor its integrity

Having been forced to carry a work blackberry/pager, I find myself in the very strange position of agreeing with Blackie. It is a horrible product. It's heavy, its user interface is archaic and clunky and it has touch screen components but they insist on forcing you to try to type on this tiny keyboard which make the screen smaller.

I do all my work e-mails and read and reply to work e-mails through the iPhone.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Having been forced to carry a work blackberry/pager, I find myself in the very strange position of agreeing with Blackie. It is a horrible product. It's heavy, its user interface is archaic and clunky and it has touch screen components but they insist on forcing you to try to type on this tiny keyboard which make the screen smaller.

I do all my work e-mails and read and reply to work e-mails through the iPhone.
I love my BB, you do not have to have a tiny keyboard...you have a choice the fact that your company chose that one is not the fault of BB...I personally love my keyboard and chose the phone for precisely that reason

didn't you predict it would go t*ts up...it ain't gonna happen

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I love my BB, you do not have to have a tiny keyboard...you have a choice the fact that your company chose that one is not the fault of BB...I personally love my keyboard and chose the phone for precisely that reason

didn't you predict it would go t*ts up...it ain't gonna happen

It will go tits up -- or more likely carved up and sold to the highest bidder.

I think the work BB is inappropriately named the Bold. It is not Bold but boring and predictable.

I am glad you enjoy it. Much prefer the dynamic touch keyboard of my iPhone.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It will go tits up -- or more likely carved up and sold to the highest bidder.

I think the work BB is inappropriately named the Bold. It is not Bold but boring and predictable.

I am glad you enjoy it. Much prefer the dynamic touch keyboard of my iPhone.

lol...that's why there are different products...I would not put down the iPhone...I just don't want one

the Bold is an old product

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
lol...that's why there are different products...I would not put down the iPhone...I just don't want one

the Bold is an old product

Perhaps it is the fact that it is forced on me that makes me hate it so. Maybe if it was a Z10 it would be less distasteful.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I think it maybe 30 or more years ago when my employer gave me a pager for the times I was out on the jobsite and he needed to contact me . I'd be in the middle of measuring the walls for the casework and that damn thing would go off and I'd have to load up my tools, get in my car and find the nearest telephone and call the office . I'd ask what he wanted and his reply was, just checking to see how you're doing. My boss was a suspicious butt who thought the whole world was out to screw him over I guess. My reply to him was, I'm trying to do my job but I had to stop and see what the hell it was you wanted. I quit that job soon there after and have really only had negative thoughts about these damn things since. I have a little cell phone and a laptop to stay in contact with my kids and play some but when I'm working, or reading a book or doing something halfway constructive, I put the technology aside. but, that's me and I'm an old grouchy stick in the mud. I think I belong in another time and place.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
okay, how so?

Jack Rivlin

Jack Rivlin is the editor of The Tab, an online tabloid for students which is "neither clever nor funny", according to the Guardian (it isn't PC enough). He is a former Evening Standard news reporter. You can find his earlier posts here

How did Blackberry get away with being rubbish for so long?

By Jack Rivlin Mobile
Last updated: September 27th, 2013
160 Comments

Sometimes things fail, and it’s not because of market forces or bad luck, it’s because the product is just rubbish. Blackberry, once the pioneers of having loads of stuff you don’t need on your phone, is struggling to stay afloat as various suitors blow hot and cold with the prospect of a takeover. Blackberry hasn’t failed yet, but it lost $84 million last quarter and announced 5,000 job cuts last year. T-Mobile has just announced it will stop stocking their phones in the USA due to low consumer demand.

It is a miracle that Blackberry made it this far. In boardrooms, labs and City desks they talk of a changing landscape and a declining market share, but any teenager could tell you the blunt truth about why Blackberry is sinking: their phones are really rubbish, and have been for a while.

Blackberry’s developers, Research in Motion (Rim), were kings of the smartphone world just four years ago, because they made email on your phone easy. They sold phones to businessmen first, then businessmen’s children, then everyone. And then they … stopped. The iPhone came out, Androids came out, and Blackberry were still trying to persuade people to use their app-less, underpowered mini computers.

At the key moment, Rim chose to ignore the huge consumer appeal of opening up their platform to app developers. Instead, they stuck with reliability and (on most models) a Qwerty keyboard, leaving their phones’ software feeling hopelessly old fashioned. Have you used Google Maps on a Blackberry? The navigation app, possibly the most useful app of all, is reduced to a bizarre game where you must drive a crosshair across a map that looks like it’s been photocopied out of an old geography textbook. It’s like trying to read an A-Z while looking the wrong way through a pair of binoculars.

And that’s one of the apps it actually has. All of the sexy add-ons which sell most phones are curiously missing from the Curves, Pearls and Storms. Somehow the company seemed to think top notch security and a well-regarded email client would be enough to hold on to their market share. That hope became total fantasy once the Blackberry network started going down at random across the world. Forget sexy, they couldn’t even do sensible any more. The London riots – where Blackberry Messenger was used to coordinate looting – proved not to be the company’s low point, but its high water mark.

From top to bottom, Blackberry users are ditching their phones in droves. Barack Obama, for so long the company’s unofficial ambassador, now prefers an iPad, according to their advisers. Even my father, he of enormous fumbling fingers and no patience, is buying a touch screen Samsung. The last preserve of Blackberry users, the chunky fingered late adopters, are now ditching the device too. The company may still be worth billions for now but the game is up.

Read more by Jack Rivlin on Telegraph Blogs
Follow Telegraph Blogs on Twitter

http://tab.co.uk/

How did Blackberry get away with being rubbish for so long? – Telegraph Blogs

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think it maybe 30 or more years ago when my employer gave me a pager for the times I was out on the jobsite and he needed to contact me . I'd be in the middle of measuring the walls for the casework and that damn thing would go off and I'd have to load up my tools, get in my car and find the nearest telephone and call the office . I'd ask what he wanted and his reply was, just checking to see how you're doing. My boss was a suspicious butt who thought the whole world was out to screw him over I guess. My reply to him was, I'm trying to do my job but I had to stop and see what the hell it was you wanted. I quit that job soon there after and have really only had negative thoughts about these damn things since. I have a little cell phone and a laptop to stay in contact with my kids and play some but when I'm working, or reading a book or doing something halfway constructive, I put the technology aside. but, that's me and I'm an old grouchy stick in the mud. I think I belong in another time and place.
no I wouldn't say that but you can't judge the technology by the misuse of one person.

When I was given a reader for my birthday this year I asked around to find out what I should buy. My guy thought he should buy me something that did everything. I was not interested in a reader that showed my emails or web connected for surfing. I want a reader that loads books, period. I went with the Kobo with a sleep jacket and I love it. I have read more this year than I have in the past five.

I download free from the library from my couch...the books expire in 7, 14, or 21 days, my choice. If I want a specific ebook I can place a hold on it. I get an alert from my library and I download it when available. It's simple. I like simple. I can buy from their book store within minutes.

I also like that it is slim, fits into my purse and charges within minutes and the charge lasts for days. It is back lit for easy on the eyes reading.

For me technology is all about convenience. Otherwise I don't want it.

I use a BB Smartphone because it is convenient for me. I use BB because it is local and Canadian and I believe we should support our own first. I don't need every feature on it but I do like the scroll and I do like my work email attached to my hip. I also like the feature that allows open chat with my work that can not be hacked because some things should never be texted... that can save time and aggravation over the texting.

I could download my 2 or 3 forums to my phone but why allow that aggravation....lol...

Jack Rivlin

Jack Rivlin is the editor of The Tab, an online tabloid for students which is "neither clever nor funny", according to the Guardian (it isn't PC enough). He is a former Evening Standard news reporter. You can find his earlier posts here

How did Blackberry get away with being rubbish for so long?

By Jack Rivlin Mobile
Last updated: September 27th, 2013
160 Comments

Sometimes things fail, and it’s not because of market forces or bad luck, it’s because the product is just rubbish. Blackberry, once the pioneers of having loads of stuff you don’t need on your phone, is struggling to stay afloat as various suitors blow hot and cold with the prospect of a takeover. Blackberry hasn’t failed yet, but it lost $84 million last quarter and announced 5,000 job cuts last year. T-Mobile has just announced it will stop stocking their phones in the USA due to low consumer demand.

It is a miracle that Blackberry made it this far. In boardrooms, labs and City desks they talk of a changing landscape and a declining market share, but any teenager could tell you the blunt truth about why Blackberry is sinking: their phones are really rubbish, and have been for a while.

Blackberry’s developers, Research in Motion (Rim), were kings of the smartphone world just four years ago, because they made email on your phone easy. They sold phones to businessmen first, then businessmen’s children, then everyone. And then they … stopped. The iPhone came out, Androids came out, and Blackberry were still trying to persuade people to use their app-less, underpowered mini computers.

At the key moment, Rim chose to ignore the huge consumer appeal of opening up their platform to app developers. Instead, they stuck with reliability and (on most models) a Qwerty keyboard, leaving their phones’ software feeling hopelessly old fashioned. Have you used Google Maps on a Blackberry? The navigation app, possibly the most useful app of all, is reduced to a bizarre game where you must drive a crosshair across a map that looks like it’s been photocopied out of an old geography textbook. It’s like trying to read an A-Z while looking the wrong way through a pair of binoculars.

And that’s one of the apps it actually has. All of the sexy add-ons which sell most phones are curiously missing from the Curves, Pearls and Storms. Somehow the company seemed to think top notch security and a well-regarded email client would be enough to hold on to their market share. That hope became total fantasy once the Blackberry network started going down at random across the world. Forget sexy, they couldn’t even do sensible any more. The London riots – where Blackberry Messenger was used to coordinate looting – proved not to be the company’s low point, but its high water mark.

From top to bottom, Blackberry users are ditching their phones in droves. Barack Obama, for so long the company’s unofficial ambassador, now prefers an iPad, according to their advisers. Even my father, he of enormous fumbling fingers and no patience, is buying a touch screen Samsung. The last preserve of Blackberry users, the chunky fingered late adopters, are now ditching the device too. The company may still be worth billions for now but the game is up.

Read more by Jack Rivlin on Telegraph Blogs
Follow Telegraph Blogs on Twitter

http://tab.co.uk/

How did Blackberry get away with being rubbish for so long? – Telegraph Blogs
I have never had a problem with mine...well...save when I drown a new $600.00 phone that was a teary night.

And the last line is ridiculous and sums up his understanding of what can be purchased. So what you are really saying is you have never used one and have no clue about them but you've read something by someone who had an opinion.