Isis

Can we combine all the ISIS threads please.

• Yes

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Why of course

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yep

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Well I mean really, yes

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
How many Jews do you think there are on earth, you psychotic idiot??

LESS than 14 million.

There are 1.6 BILLION Muslims, 110 Muslims for every Jew.

Now, what have Jews brought to mankind that is good???

Despite making up less than 0.2% of the world's population, that is one out of every 500 people is Jewish, Jews have won 31% of the Nobel Prizes awarded in medicine. Undoubtedly, you or someone close to you is alive because of a Jew.

Also, Jews have won many other Nobel Prizes..............36% of Economic Nobel Prizes, 27% of those awarded in Physics, 20% of those awarded in Chemistry.

Muslims created the numeric system we use, and made huge advances in the knowledge of astronomy. A thousand years ago.

What have they done for us in the last 500 years??

Not much.

So STUFF your psychotic Rothschild obsession.
Yeah but they also gave the world Adam Sandler, which makes up for all the nobel prizes.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Even Iraqis don't want Arab states to bomb ISIS:

Iraqi President: No Need for Arab Nations to Strike ISIS -- News from Antiwar.com

Iraq Not Happy With US Coalition Partnership

by Jason Ditz, September 14, 2014

The Obama Administration’s efforts to cobble together a coalition of nations for the new war on ISIS has netted a handful of Sunni Arab nations willing to conduct airstrikes inside Iraq, including Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and by some accounts Egypt.

The big problem is that no one asked the Iraqis if they were okay with this, and President Fuad Massoum today made clear that the Iraqi government considers such nations “unnecessary,” which is a polite way of saying extremely unwelcome.

It’s not hard to imagine why, as the Shi’ite dominated Iraqi government, allied with Iran, is not on the best of terms with the Sunni Arab world, and having those nations’ warplanes looming overhead is going to be problematic for Shi’ite leaders.

President Massoum is a Kurd, however, so it is rather surprising that he would be the one vocalizing government disquiet about the US moves to include such nations in the strikes, without consulting the Iraqi government.

Massoum’s comments came in an exclusive interview with the Associated Press, in which he also expressed “regret” that the US was not allowing Iran, the primary nation currently involved in the fight against ISIS in Iraq, to even attend the coalition meeting in Paris.

France had similarly said they wanted to invite Iran to the coalition meeting, though the US insisted it was “not appropriate” to include them. It was seen at the time as a concession to the Sunni Arab nations which the US has been so desperate to include, but seems to be putting the coalition on a rather sectarian-looking footing to the Iraqis, and an unwelcome one at that.

Ever since putting itself on the path to a new war in Iraq, the US has been eager to put on the show of a broad “coalition,” even if it meant many of those coalition members weren’t doing anything. Keeping the Iraqi government more or less on board seems to have fallen by the wayside in favor of getting more members, which is making the US intervention far less comfortable for all involved.

The only ones who want any USA or other bombing to take place are the arm chair warriors in this forum. That's because they have the luxury of watching the proceedings from their sofas while counting their war profits from the stocks they own in the military industrial complex.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
More airstrikes against ISIS. The coalition is building. Not that you'll hear any of our right-wingers talk about it.

FBI: US Airstrikes Increasing Support for ISIS -- News from Antiwar.com

FBI: US Airstrikes Increasing Support for ISIS
Group Using US Attacks to Boost Recruitment

by Jason Ditz, September 17, 2014

US airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq, far from “degrading” the organization, are actually giving ISIS a huge shot in the arm, according to FBI Director James Comey, who testified today before Congress.

ISIS “growing online support intensified following the commencement of US airstrikes in Iraq,” Comey confirmed, saying the group was likely to try to pick up its efforts to take more US hostages going forward to get more publicity.

The US operation seems to be playing directly into ISIS’ hands in many ways, with President Obama’s high-profile speech last Wednesday, promising to escalate the war on ISIS into neighboring Syria, paying off for ISIS in recruitment as well.

According to rebel mouthpiece the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, ISIS secured at least 162 new recruits in Aleppo Province alone in the days following President Obama’s speech, a sign people are more interested in the group now that it is in a war against the US.

The FBI warned that Western fighters returning to Syria after fighting with ISIS remain a “top” security threat, though at the same time they have no real way of tracking what people do once they enter Syria, so there’s a lot of guesswork on who actually fought for ISIS.

Violence begets more violence.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
France is ditching the ‘Islamic State’ name — and replacing it with a label the group hates

“This is a terrorist group and not a state," Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius told reporters last week, according to France 24. "I do not recommend using the term Islamic State because it blurs the lines between Islam, Muslims and Islamists.

The Arabs call it ‘Daesh’ and I will be calling them the ‘Daesh cutthroats.’

The Washington Post uses DAIISH, but DAASH, DAIISH and DAISH are also used.

However it's spelled, there's another big factor: The group is reported to hate the moniker.

The AP recently reported that the group were threatening to cut cut out the tongues of anyone who used the phrase publicly, and AFP have noted that the term "Daeshi" has been used a derogatory term in some parts of the Middle East. Some analysts have suggested that the dislike of the term comes from its similarity to another Arabic word, Das.

That word means to trample down or crush.

France is ditching the ‘Islamic State’ name — and replacing it with a label the group hates - The Washington Post

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The AP recently reported that the group were threatening to cut cut out the tongues of anyone who used the phrase publicly, and AFP have noted that the term "Daeshi" has been used a derogatory term in some parts of the Middle East. Some analysts have suggested that the dislike of the term comes from its similarity to another Arabic word, Das.

That word means to trample down or crush.

France is ditching the ‘Islamic State’ name — and replacing it with a label the group hates - The Washington Post

Actually it's Daas:wink:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The Golan Height is not a done deal yet, in this case 'security' is based on the income Israel gets from the fields of the Golan Heights. Making a profit off occupied territories is a war crime, the only way to prevent the return is to make sure the issue never makes it to the UN Courts.
The immorality of Israel is plain to see, if you can't grab it legally, do it it legally and use military force to keep it.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
McCain calls for WAR:

"...McCain just doesn’t want to hear any crap about America not having the capability to fight multiple adversaries at once. No way, Jose! In McCain’s worldview, the United States needs to be involved with as many wars as possible..."

On Wednesday afternoon, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was his normal warmongering self as he grilled Secretary of State John Kerry over the Obama Administration’s strategy to deal with ISIS. McCain used his time during a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing to beat his chest and demand that the United States not only get into a ground war in Iraq and Syria to combat ISIS, but that the country also needs to commit to a war against the Assad regime in Syria. While House Democrats are legitimately concerned about the White House’s plan to arm and train Syrian rebels to help fight ISIS on the ground, McCain wants the President to push forward and go whole hog with the war machine. Below is the exchange between McCain and Kerry (emphasis mine):

McCain: Secretary, today, September 17th, Secretary Gates said the following, former Secretary of Defense Gates. The reality is they’re not going to be able to be successful against ISIS strictly from the air or strictly depending on the Iraqi forces of the Peshmerga by the Sunni tribes acting on their own, gates said. So there will be boots on the ground if there’s to be any hope of success in the strategy. And I think that by containing — by continuing to repeat that, that the US won’t put boots on the ground, the president in effect traps himself. Now, Mr. Secretary, I’ve talked to so many people who are military experienced, who have been on both sides on this issue. They all agree with secretary gates’ assessment. And that’s just the reality. And there are some of us that place a great deal of confidence in the opinion of people like Secretary Gates, General Keane. So the architects of the surge. So many others.-the architects of the surge. So many others.-the architects of the surge. So many others. The architects of the surge. So many others. Is it your view that the Syrian opposition is viable?

Kerry: The Syrian opposition has been viable enough to be able to survive under difficult circumstances but they still have some distance to go and we need to help them go that distance.

McCain: The hero of this piece so far in my view is a guy who’s going to testify after you, Robert Ford, Ambassador Ford. He did a magnificent job at the risk of his own life, riding around Damascus in his support of the Free Syrian army. Here’s what he’s going to say in his testimony. The moderate armed opposition’s biggest enemy is not the Islamic State, it is the Assad regime which has killed far more Syrians than has the detestable Islamic State, and they won’t stop fighting the Assad regime even as they advance against the Islamic State. You’re saying, ISIS first. We’re going to train and equip the Free Syrian army and they’re going to be fighting against Assad who they view as their number one enemy. I agree with Ambassador Ford’s assessment. You’re saying, ISIL first. So if this — so we’re telling the young Syrian today, I want you to join the Free Syrian Army, you’ve got to fight ISIL first, and by the way those barrel bombs that are being dropped on you and these attacks from the air that of Hamas customers of so many Syrians, we’re not going to do anything about that. I think at least we owe the Free Syrian Army, negate the air attacks that they will be subjected to when they finish their training and equipping, and go into the fight. So why is it that we won’t at least news release Bashar al Assad’s air activity which has slaughtered thousands and thousands and thousands, 192,000 dead, 3 million refugees, and we’re not going to do anything about Assad’s air capabilities? And finally, ISIL first, that’s what you’re telling these young men who really view Assad as the one who has slaughtered their family members. Not ISIL. As bad as ISIL is. How do you square that circle action Mr. Secretary?

Kerry: Well, you square it this way, Senator. And first of all, let me just say a word. I think everybody knows — I had the pleasure of working with Robert Ford in the department from the day I arrived there. We worked very closely together, I have huge respect and admiration for him. And he and I worked many long hours with the Syrian opposition. And I respect his opinion, et cetera. He is correct that they won’t stop fighting the Assad regime. I understand that we understand that.

McCain: Not only won’t stop fighting, it’s their primary goal.

Kerry: Well, it is, except…

McCain: I know too many of them, John.

Kerry: I understand. It is. I’m not denying that. But they also are fighting ISIL. They’re up in Aleppo right now fighting ISIL. They’re fighting ISIL in other places. They threw them out of a province. They are engaged in fighting ISIL. And our belief is, I think — I bet you, I hope Robert Ford believes that they believe they actually get stronger as a result of ISIL being removed from the field.

McCain: Are you not going to protect them from air strikes?

Kerry: I think what we need — yes, and I think what we need — that’s a legitimate concern. And it is a concern that I would need to address with you in a classified session for reasons I think you well understand. And I think Robert ford well understands that.

McCain: I think the Free Syrian Army would like to understand, too.

Kerry: If we have a good classified session and another good things happen here, who knows. The important thing is for us to recognize that if ISIL continues doing what it’s doing — I think you know this — without being stopped and if we hadn’t stood up when we did and work with Peshmerga and help them, they were threatening Baghdad and they were threatening more. If they did that…

McCain: We’re talking about Syria. And the Free Syrian Army.

Kerry: I’m about to come back…

McCain: Thank you. I’m running out of time.

Kerry: That pertains to their capacity then to focus on Assad and it might be not the Free Syrian Army but ISIL that you see in Damascus. And ISIL bringing other people to them because of the level of their success. Clearly, many people have told us in the region, success breeds success. And many of the people who have come to ISIL have come because it seemed as if they were weren’t being opposed. We believe that transition works to the benefit of the moderate opposition, works ultimately to all of our benefit by removing ISIL from the field.

McCain: You cannot ask people to go and fight and die unless you promise them that they — you will defeat their enemy and defeat them right away. You can’t say, wait until we defeat ISIL. People will not volunteer for such things.

Kerry: I don’t believe it’s going to be ultimately a wait and see. I don’t believe, number one, that the people supporting the opposition in various parts of the region are ever going to stop until the Assad problem is resolves. Number two, I don’t believe ISIL is going — I don’t believe that the moderate opposition will obviously stop in that effort. So, therefore, there will be these two prongs.

McCain: I hope not ISIL first, if that message is not given to these brave young people.

Kerry: If we don’t stop ISIL first, there may not be much left of the other prong.

McCain: That means we can’t take on two adversaries at once that’s bogus and false.

There you have it. McCain didn’t even try to hide his cards here. He wants the United States to not only send American troops to Iraq to fight ISIS. He also wants this country to get involved in a massive civil war in Syria that is being fought on several fronts. McCain just doesn’t want to hear any crap about America not having the capability to fight multiple adversaries at once. No way, Jose! In McCain’s worldview, the United States needs to be involved with as many wars as possible.

John McCain Despicably Pushes For Full-Scale Middle East War During ISIS Senate Hearing

Time for the arm chair warriors sign up right now.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Less money for food stamps program which help the urban/rural poor while supporting small farms & more money to support the military industrial complex:

Congress Cuts $8.7 Billion in Food Stamps, But Finds $22 Billion to Fight ISIS

Congress Cuts $8.7 Billion in Food Stamps, But Finds $22 Billion to Fight ISIS | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

It’s official: 850,000 households across the country are set to lose an average of $90 per month in food stamp benefits.

The Senate on Tuesday voted 68-32 to send the 2014 Farm Bill – which includes an $8.7 billion cut to food stamps – to President Obama’s desk. Nine Democrats opposed the bill, and 46 members of the Democratic caucus voted for it, joining 22 Republicans.”

The GOP Congress’s assault on the American working class has been waged with the pretext that the Federal government has no money (what with being in debt and all). This despite the money being owed to the American people on the whole, and despite the long tradition of deficits in government budgets, which have seldom in history been balanced. But note that when there was a Republican president in the zeroes, the same voices did not demand austerity, but ran up the deficit with obvious glee.

In contrast, Congress has no problem with the war on ISIL in Iraq and Syria, which could cost from $18 bn to $22 bn a year.

--- more ---

The military industrial complex and its corporate welfare is always Priority One in the USA.

$ $ $