Isis

Can we combine all the ISIS threads please.

• Yes

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Why of course

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yep

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Well I mean really, yes

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
ISIL has a single focus, ignite sectarian war, divide people along religious lines. Once the divisions have been laid as they have in Iraq, the trust is gone. Neighbor turning in old family friends to ISIL.
Then we have the Righteous, those Sunni Muslims that smuggled out families thru ISIL lines to safety. If they were caught their families would have been slaughtered.
This type of threat needs to be attacked. Not only by Western countries but by those countries in the ME, and that also means a change in looking upon, Shia or Sunni as heretics and stopping the discrimination, mock trials and all that goes with that. A come to Allah moment that if not acted upon will only assist ISIL in gaining more recruits.

They did a bang up job of stopping the IIS pipeline which only benefits Israel and US/Canadian interests in Lebanon.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Iran Offers US Aid in Fighting ISIS; US Rejects It -- News from Antiwar.com

Iran Offers US Aid in Fighting ISIS; US Rejects It

US Rules Out Coordination, Information Sharing With Iran

The Iranian government made a huge move toward rapprochement today, with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei saying that he approved of cooperation with the United States in fighting ISIS, and that he had already authorized the Iranian military to coordinate with the US, as well as Iraqi and Kurdish forces in the fight.
Iran views ISIS as a major threat, and the group is actively fighting wars against two of their key allies, Iraq and Syria, and forming a nation out of those territories quite successfully. As ISIS gets closer to the Iranian border, the nation is more willing to work with any possible allies in countering the Islamists’ expansion.
Offers for rapprochement are rare, but the US reaction is common: outright rejection. The State Department insisted that the US was neither going to do any coordination with Iran, nor even share information on their operations.
The US has made it clear they want to insinuate themselves into the ISIS war in a big way, and assemble a massive “coalition of the willing” for the war, though they likewise have been unwilling to accept the most likely such allies, Iran and Syria, because of a longstanding policy of hostility toward those nations.

Iran has been a stabilizing force in the ME. Good thing neither McCain nor Romney invaded it like they wanted to do.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
An American explains why he joined ISIS and says its idealism parallels American ideals to some extent:

I understand why Westerners are joining jihadi movements like ISIS. I was almost one of them. - The Washington Post

The Islamic State just released a gruesome new beheading video, again helmed by a western-bred Jihadist. As often happens, I received messages asking for explanation.

You see, I’m the jihadi who never was.

Twenty years ago, I ditched my Catholic high school in upstate New York to study at a Saudi-funded madrassa in Pakistan. A fresh convert, I jumped at the chance to live at a mosque and study Qur’an all day.

This was in the mid-1990s, during an escalation of the Chechen resistance against Russian rule. After class, we’d turn on the television and watch feeds of destruction and suffering. The videos were upsetting. So upsetting that soon I found myself thinking about abandoning my religious education to pick up a gun and fight for Chechen freedom.

It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight, but rather my American values. I had grown up in the Reagan ’80s. I learned from G.I. Joe cartoons to (in the words of the theme song) “fight for freedom, wherever there’s trouble.” I assumed that individuals had the right — and the duty — to intervene anywhere on the planet where they perceived threats to freedom, justice and equality.

For me, wanting to go to Chechnya wasn’t reducible to my “Muslim rage” or “hatred for the West.” This may be hard to believe, but I thought about the war in terms of compassion. Like so many Americans moved by their love of country to serve in the armed forces, I yearned to fight oppression and protect the safety and dignity of others. I believed that this world was in bad shape. I placed my faith in somewhat magical solutions claiming that the world could be fixed by a renewal of authentic Islam and a truly Islamic system of government. But I also believed that working toward justice was more valuable than my own life.

Eventually, I decided to stay in Islamabad. And the people who eventually convinced me not to fight weren’t the kinds of Muslims propped up in the media as liberal, West-friendly reformers. They were deeply conservative; some would call them “intolerant.” In the same learning environment in which I was told that my non-Muslim mother would burn in eternal hellfire, I was also told that I could achieve more good in the world as a scholar than as a soldier, and that I should strive to be more than a body in a ditch. These traditionalists reminded me of Muhammad’s statement that the ink of scholars was holier than the blood of martyrs.

The media often draw a clear line between our imagined categories of “good” and “bad” Muslims. My brothers in Pakistan would have made that division much more complicated than some could imagine.These men whom I perceived as superheroes of piety, speaking to me as the authorized voice of the tradition itself, said that violence was not the best that I could offer.

Some kids in my situation seem to have received different advice.

It’s easy to assume that religious people, particularly Muslims, simply do things because their religions tell them to. But when I think about my impulse at age 17 to run away and become a fighter for the Chechen rebels, I consider more than religious factors. My imagined scenario of liberating Chechnya and turning it into an Islamic state was a purely American fantasy, grounded in American ideals and values. Whenever I hear of an American who flies across the globe to throw himself into freedom struggles that are not his own, I think, What a very, very American thing to do.

And that’s the problem. We are raised to love violence and view military conquest as a benevolent act. The American kid who wants to intervene in another nation’s civil war owes his worldview as much to American exceptionalism as to jihadist interpretations of scripture. I grew up in a country that glorifies military sacrifice and feels entitled to rebuild other societies according to its own vision. I internalized these values before ever thinking about religion. Before I even knew what a Muslim was, let alone concepts such as “jihad” or an “Islamic state,” my American life had taught me that that’s what brave men do.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
An American explains why he joined ISIS and says its idealism parallels American ideals to some extent:

I understand why Westerners are joining jihadi movements like ISIS. I was almost one of them. - The Washington Post

The Islamic State just released a gruesome new beheading video, again helmed by a western-bred Jihadist. As often happens, I received messages asking for explanation.

You see, I’m the jihadi who never was.

Twenty years ago, I ditched my Catholic high school in upstate New York to study at a Saudi-funded madrassa in Pakistan. A fresh convert, I jumped at the chance to live at a mosque and study Qur’an all day.

This was in the mid-1990s, during an escalation of the Chechen resistance against Russian rule. After class, we’d turn on the television and watch feeds of destruction and suffering. The videos were upsetting. So upsetting that soon I found myself thinking about abandoning my religious education to pick up a gun and fight for Chechen freedom.

It wasn’t a verse I’d read in our Qur’an study circles that made me want to fight, but rather my American values. I had grown up in the Reagan ’80s. I learned from G.I. Joe cartoons to (in the words of the theme song) “fight for freedom, wherever there’s trouble.” I assumed that individuals had the right — and the duty — to intervene anywhere on the planet where they perceived threats to freedom, justice and equality.

For me, wanting to go to Chechnya wasn’t reducible to my “Muslim rage” or “hatred for the West.” This may be hard to believe, but I thought about the war in terms of compassion. Like so many Americans moved by their love of country to serve in the armed forces, I yearned to fight oppression and protect the safety and dignity of others. I believed that this world was in bad shape. I placed my faith in somewhat magical solutions claiming that the world could be fixed by a renewal of authentic Islam and a truly Islamic system of government. But I also believed that working toward justice was more valuable than my own life.

Eventually, I decided to stay in Islamabad. And the people who eventually convinced me not to fight weren’t the kinds of Muslims propped up in the media as liberal, West-friendly reformers. They were deeply conservative; some would call them “intolerant.” In the same learning environment in which I was told that my non-Muslim mother would burn in eternal hellfire, I was also told that I could achieve more good in the world as a scholar than as a soldier, and that I should strive to be more than a body in a ditch. These traditionalists reminded me of Muhammad’s statement that the ink of scholars was holier than the blood of martyrs.

The media often draw a clear line between our imagined categories of “good” and “bad” Muslims. My brothers in Pakistan would have made that division much more complicated than some could imagine.These men whom I perceived as superheroes of piety, speaking to me as the authorized voice of the tradition itself, said that violence was not the best that I could offer.

Some kids in my situation seem to have received different advice.

It’s easy to assume that religious people, particularly Muslims, simply do things because their religions tell them to. But when I think about my impulse at age 17 to run away and become a fighter for the Chechen rebels, I consider more than religious factors. My imagined scenario of liberating Chechnya and turning it into an Islamic state was a purely American fantasy, grounded in American ideals and values. Whenever I hear of an American who flies across the globe to throw himself into freedom struggles that are not his own, I think, What a very, very American thing to do.

And that’s the problem. We are raised to love violence and view military conquest as a benevolent act. The American kid who wants to intervene in another nation’s civil war owes his worldview as much to American exceptionalism as to jihadist interpretations of scripture. I grew up in a country that glorifies military sacrifice and feels entitled to rebuild other societies according to its own vision. I internalized these values before ever thinking about religion. Before I even knew what a Muslim was, let alone concepts such as “jihad” or an “Islamic state,” my American life had taught me that that’s what brave men do.
Good go join him if you haven't already .

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I don't want to be a jihadi... I want to come home': How dozens of British Muslims who went to Syria to join ISIS 'plead to return to UK after becoming disillusioned with the conflict'

British jihadis fighting in Syria want to come home after becoming disillusioned with the conflict, it emerged today.
In the last three years, more than 500 radicalised Britons are believed to have headed out to the war-torn country, where Islamist groups are fighting President Bashar Assad's forces.

But some of those who signed up to fight have now contacted authorities in Britain saying they have had enough of the war-zone and want to return home, it was reported today.

more at link.

Well they all burnd their passports but now the poor little babies want to come home.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Arm chair warriors beware - Immigrants A 'Greater Threat' Than ISIS

Republican Pat Buchanan warned that immigration and the resulting “decomposition of this country socially, culturally, politically” is more of a danger to the U.S. than the terrorists of ISIS.

“Look, we’d better realize here that the United States itself is in tremendous long-term danger, I think, and the bleeding border along our southern border, the mass movement of people from all over the world into this country, the decomposition of this country socially and culturally, politically, all of these things, it seems to me, are far greater long-term threats to the United States than even those dreadful characters over there in Syria or Iraq beheading people,” Buchanan said in audio.

Buchanan went on to echo Phyllis Schlafly’s warning that new immigrants will largely vote Democratic, thereby destroying America.

Pat Buchanan: Immigrants A Greater Threat Than ISIS | Right Wing Watch

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

How many Jews do you think there are on earth, you psychotic idiot??

LESS than 14 million.

There are 1.6 BILLION Muslims, 110 Muslims for every Jew.

Now, what have Jews brought to mankind that is good???

Despite making up less than 0.2% of the world's population, that is one out of every 500 people is Jewish, Jews have won 31% of the Nobel Prizes awarded in medicine. Undoubtedly, you or someone close to you is alive because of a Jew.

Also, Jews have won many other Nobel Prizes..............36% of Economic Nobel Prizes, 27% of those awarded in Physics, 20% of those awarded in Chemistry.

Muslims created the numeric system we use, and made huge advances in the knowledge of astronomy. A thousand years ago.

What have they done for us in the last 500 years??

Not much.

So STUFF your psychotic Rothschild obsession.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How many Jews do you think there are on earth, you psychotic idiot??

LESS than 14 million.

There are 1.6 BILLION Muslims, 110 Muslims for every Jew.
What's your point other than Judism sucks at attracting new members? That dispite any children being born to a Jewish woman is considered to be a Jew. It would appear that in a democratic system the Jews would not be pulling any strings if things were done above board. That isn't really the Jewish way is it. Let's say that 2/3 of all Jews prefer to live outside of Israel, all that does is prove that their God is not backing their play at world domination but then they know better than God right? Or so they think, they don't even know their own religion as they reject 1/3 of it as being fake.

Eze:39:28:
Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God,
which cause them to be led into captivity among the heathen:
but I have gathered them unto their own land,
and have left none of them any more there.

Despite making up less than 0.2% of the world's population, that is one out of every 500 people is Jewish, Jews have won 31% of the Nobel Prizes awarded in medicine. Undoubtedly, you or someone close to you is alive because of a Jew.
99.8% of the population would say that is taking more that your share of the pie by more than just a little. That isn't a sign of intelligence you stupid fuk, it is a sign of being stingy.

Also, Jews have won many other Nobel Prizes..............36% of Economic Nobel Prizes, 27% of those awarded in Physics, 20% of those awarded in Chemistry.
So fuking what, you don't think Gentiles could discover fire if a Jew wasn't holding their hand? Maybe the world would be cancer free is Muslims were running things and that would be without the trillions spent on it where most falls into Jewish pockets I suspect. You left how wonderful they are at banking, the world is some $50T in debt, Jewish bankers have $750T in the petty cash drawer just from illegal interest fees. Explain in detail how they are such wonderful bankers.

Muslims created the numeric system we use, and made huge advances in the knowledge of astronomy. A thousand years ago.
What have they done for us in the last 500 years??

Not much.
About 1,000 years ago the Jews started running the banks, end of intelligence ruling the day. None of the discoveries have been overturned yet since then it is all junk science at prices that are 1,000's of time higher.
How about the outnumbered Jews settle for 0.2% of what the world can offer to people and leave the other 99.8% for the rest of the population or is it a contest of who gets there first gets the most?
The whole world had been stagnant under the Jewish bankers for the last 500 years, you sure you want to brag that up?

So STUFF your psychotic Rothschild obsession.
Fuk you, they make the IDF look like little angels as they go about killing Gentile women and babies.

The 100M deaths of both world wars can be laid directly at their feet as their method of creating sympathy for the Jews so killing a few Arabs wouldn't cause a war in which the bankers themselves would be the ones on trial for the 100M deaths that the wars caused. You seem to be a tad resistant to adding that to their resume of wondrous feats of the last century.

All Wars Are Bankers' Wars - FULL version - YouTube

‘Washington can't fight ISIS alone, NATO not up to task’ - YouTube

And there I thought Logic 7 was the worst conspiracy theorist.....
Megahurts sure is giving him a run...
All you are doing is showing Colpy that somebody is stupider than he is. That you are doing such a wonderful job is probably not something you can help.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
My post:

Her reply:

W
99.8% of the population would say that is taking more that your share of the pie by more than just a little. That isn't a sign of intelligence you stupid fuk, it is a sign of being stingy.

So fuking what, you don't think Gentiles could discover fire if a Jew wasn't holding their hand? Maybe the world would be cancer free is Muslims were running things and that would be without the trillions spent on it where most falls into Jewish pockets I suspect. You left how wonderful they are at banking, the world is some $50T in debt, Jewish bankers have $750T in the petty cash drawer just from illegal interest fees. Explain in detail how they are such wonderful bankers.

I am absolutely astounded at the depth of your ignorance. Astounded.

You are a nutbar. A complete flake. A few french fries short of a Happy Meal.

Here's an example of Jewish excellence and decency: Jonas Salk, who developed the vaccine for polio, and refused to patent it as he wanted it to be freely available around the world.

You hate him too, don't you??

Psycho.