Isis

Can we combine all the ISIS threads please.

• Yes

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Why of course

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yep

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Well I mean really, yes

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Captives held by Islamic State were waterboarded

By Adam Goldman and Julie Tate August 28

At least four hostages held in Syria by the Islamic State, including an American journalist who was recently executed by the group, were waterboarded in the early part of their captivity, according to people familiar with the treatment of the kidnapped Westerners.

James Foley was among the four who were waterboarded several times by Islamic State militants who appeared to model the technique on the CIA’s use of waterboarding to interrogate suspected terrorists after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Waterboarding often involves strapping a person down on a gurney or bench and pouring cold water over a cloth covering the face. It causes the sensation of drowning. “The wet cloth creates a barrier through which it is difficult — or in some cases not possible — to breathe,” according to a Justice Department memo in May 2005 about the CIA’s use of the technique.

President Obama has condemned waterboarding as torture.

“They knew exactly how it was done,” a person with direct knowledge of what happened to the hostages said of the Islamic State militants. The person, who discussed the hostages’ experience on the condition of anonymity, said the captives were held in Raqqah, a city in north-central Syria.

More at link: Captives held by Islamic State were waterboarded - The Washington Post

These scummy bastards should be tried and executed for war crimes.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Why do we care about Isis so much?

It's just crime.

We shouldn't get caught up in attributing these crimes to a sociological problem.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Why do we care about Isis so much?

It's just crime.

We shouldn't attribute these crimes to a sociological problem.
I certainly don't. ISIS is no worse than Saddam Hussein, Bashar Assad, or the House of Saud. As I've said before, the Brits basically drew the current map of the Middle East, and now the locals are re-drawing it. Their business.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You can say that again
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Losers couldn't do that little task right.

I have this shareware version of a crash program called Working Model 2D. It's plays complicated physics but only saves something with 4 moving parts. You guys would love it and the world would love it that you guys love it and play with it lots, . . and lots.

Is ISIS getting a new CIA plant? ( this should become a board game of names and (known) associations)
(in part)
The Islamic State's campaign of extreme violence and abuses against both civilians and rival opposition groups has prompted a backlash across rebel-held Syria, where many hope the US air campaign next door will be extended.
"We support US strikes against Daesh," said Abu Al-Muqdad, a fighter in Aleppo with the Islamic Front, a rebel coalition, using the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State (IS).
In Aleppo, Syria rebels back US strikes against jihadists

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Losers couldn't do that little task right.

I have this shareware version of a crash program called Working Model 2D. It's plays complicated physics but only saves something with 4 moving parts. You guys would love it and the world would love it that you guys love it and play with it lots, . . and lots.

Is ISIS getting a new CIA plant? ( this should become a board game of names and (known) associations)
(in part)
The Islamic State's campaign of extreme violence and abuses against both civilians and rival opposition groups has prompted a backlash across rebel-held Syria, where many hope the US air campaign next door will be extended.
"We support US strikes against Daesh," said Abu Al-Muqdad, a fighter in Aleppo with the Islamic Front, a rebel coalition, using the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State (IS).
In Aleppo, Syria rebels back US strikes against jihadists

Israel seems to be the only ME country not being fokked over by ISIS , I wonder how they do it? Damn smart people.
These Islamic crazies only attack other rag heads, WTF!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It's usually the IDF posting girls when the threads aren't going all that well as far as positive PR.
In the squawk and awe dept ISIS has to win Iraq first so they can 'retreat' once Israel notices they have captured Jordan. If she was Jewish that would be a glass of cottage cheese. I know for a fact that is one kid I would have trouble babysitting. 1+1= 5 years hard time, non,on just time, time, nothing is hard here, nothing is hardly hard here. Downtown is still open or should that be kept from him, piblic service to\keep him contained IMO
The best 'talent' they have is to at first aid the US in Syria when the weapons were 'vintage' to say the least, use all that up and when it is time to bring in the hardware that could turn the battle it us used against the former local rebels. The only group that would be willing to make a statement to the UN Investigators is better off being suicided, twice if need be..

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It's usually the IDF posting girls when the threads aren't going all that well as far as positive PR.
In the squawk and awe dept ISIS has to win Iraq first so they can 'retreat' once Israel notices they have captured Jordan. If she was Jewish that would be a glass of cottage cheese. I know for a fact that is one kid I would have trouble babysitting. 1+1= 5 years hard time, non,on just time, time, nothing is hard here, nothing is hardly hard here. Downtown is still open or should that be kept from him, piblic service to\keep him contained IMO
The best 'talent' they have is to at first aid the US in Syria when the weapons were 'vintage' to say the least, use all that up and when it is time to bring in the hardware that could turn the battle it us used against the former local rebels. The only group that would be willing to make a statement to the UN Investigators is better off being suicided, twice if need be..

You know, uncombined ISIS threads is a direct ISIS threat to this forum, we must do every thing we can to keep them bottled up in one thread our NATO alloies a5e depending on us.

You know, uncombined ISIS threads is a direct ISIS threat to this forum, we must do every thing we can to keep them bottled up in one thread our NATO allies are depending on us. We could knit socks for the war effort.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Are you saying it is easier to Sherlock them that way? That and they are rude when doing all their mischief. The 'Allies' we just sent that two pallets of things to in Kiev are going to be miffed when they see all the goodies we sent to iraq tof fight ISIS. Too bad about the air drop error putting it all into their hands, damn, 3rd time this month.

Say the US has a lot of astral travelers, the best way to put them out of commission is to visit their home turf and create something to draw them in and then squeeze, . . . and squeeze, . . . and one more more big squeeze. They now breathe helium just to lower their voice.
Haven't decided what novel that is going to be in yet, implosions aren't on every corner after all.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
darkbeaver; said:
Israel seems to be the only ME country not being fokked over by ISIS , I wonder how they do it? Damn smart people.

And why isn't Russia more under threat since they started that war in Georgia, Chechnya, and other hassles in Dagestan?

So far, the only ones worried about ISIS are the UK under Cameron, the US, and Canada. Nobody else is even remotely afraid despite being so much closer to them and their "threats".

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Isis are actually attacking non-Muslims, like Christians and Yazidi.

Nobody else is even remotely afraid despite being so much closer to them and their "threats".

Non-Muslims, such as Christians and Yazidis, in the areas that the ISIS thugs have taken over are VERY afraid, and the reason why they are very afraid is for THESE very threats (scroll down if you dare):

(The truth is that the "progressive", "caring", "non-racist", "kind" Left - the very same people who went on to the Galloway thread to condemn his beating, which he only received because he made a race hate speech - are also the very same people who see no problem with ISIS rampaging across the Middle East and beheading little girls because they have the audacity to be Christians, even going so far as to say that ISIS pose "no threat" and that "nobody is even remotely afraid of them". THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is the REAL "progressive", "caring", "non-racist", "kind" Left.)

It's one reason why....

Last edited by a moderator:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
And why isn't Russia more under threat since they started that war in Georgia, Chechnya, and other hassles in Dagestan?

So far, the only ones worried about ISIS are the UK under Cameron, the US, and Canada. Nobody else is even remotely afraid despite being so much closer to them and their "threats".
Because ISIS would not be the enemy for the 2nd hour of the day.
Then what, put it back into the bottle? That is Western dreams, Russia has a defensive military, that means the enemy has to cross into their territory by 2 days travel (need for supply line) before that system begins to react. Crimea could be defended just with subs as far as stopping enemy convoys, the locals would be the 'harassment'. If Arabs would fight for 200 years over some dust Europeans would fight for productive land.

Is water-boarding a western thing or Arab extremists?
ISIS Captives Were Waterboarded, Claims Source | Society | RIA Novosti

With the reporters that go missing when they are captured would they be the ones that had the flag-holder run up and center himself in the photo of the machine gun or is this just hat action photo that hasn't been seen in high numbers since the Apollo Missions? Real rebels are out to scare the locals rather than posing for pics only the West will see, and even then once is often the whole exposure.

Last edited: