DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
One show I would like to attend........

Sun News : The greatest show on Earth: 2014 SHOT Show

Straight Shot: The 2014 Shot Show - YouTube

Canada is also featured.....
And lining those aisles were the coolest guns and gear. Some of which comes from Canada.

Like Vancouver, B.C.'s Arc'teryx, which this year launched its Alpha Gen 2 line of outer gear for military and law enforcement agencies. It's celebrating 10 years of its LEAF line for law enforcement and armed forces personnel.

And some of the world's most accurate, and most affordable rimfire rifles are made by Savage Arms at its plant in Lakefield, Ontario.
Med-Eng, from Pembroke, Ontario, keeps military personnel safe with their industry leading bomb protection suit, which you can see in the movie "The Hurt Locker."

And Kitchener, Ontario's Excalibur unleashed its new Matrix Mega crossbow this year. It fires an arrow at a blistering 405 feet per second -- the fastest in the world!

The new SWORD -- Solider Weapon & Observer Reconnaissance Device -- from Colt Canada will revolutionize information sharing on the battlefield, linking smartphone technology to the solider, his gun and his commander for real time decision making and target identification.

This year's SHOT Show, the 35th annual, was the biggest ever and its not surprising the show continues to grow given the strength of the industry. Year after year, gun manufacturers are posting record profits, and dealers -- in the U.S., anyway -- can't stock ammunition fast enough before it flies off the shelves.

That's obviously great news for manufacturers, but also for gun enthusiasts because it means next year's SHOT show will be even bigger.

And Sun News will be there.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
And back in Canada:

"I am always delighted when readers e-mail me to tell me about their latest firearm and what it does. I’m genuinely pleased they are so passionate. But for my knowledge of firearms, they may as well be describing the latest piece of hi-tech mining equipment.
My interest in guns is political.
As George Orwell once wrote, “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”
For my part, I don’t trust a government that won’t trust my law-abiding neighbour with a gun.
So Ottawa needs to repeal the rest of C-68 and prove its faith in legit gun owners."

Repeal gun law, not just registry | Columnists | Opinion | Ottawa Sun

Although I have to say I do NOT remember any promise to repeal C-68....only to kill the registry. The old promise to kill C-68 was a plank in the platform of the Reform Party, not the Conservative Party.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Be nice if they had the same (or even 1/10th) respect for the other amendments.
Which ones would those be ?
And which they are you talking about ?
Maybe the DOJ and Fast and Furious .
Maybe the President circumventing congress and signing laws by fiat .
Maybe changing the terms of Obamacare after it was signed into law.
Am I missing any ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Which ones would those be ?
How 'bout the First, Fourth, and Fifth for starters?

And which they are you talking about ?
The "they" who are the subject of the thread. Difficult concept, I know, but do your best.

Maybe the DOJ and Fast and Furious .
Not sure what that has to do with the Bill of Rights, particularly the Second Amendment, but don't let that stop you.

Maybe the President circumventing congress and signing laws by fiat .
OK, I DO know what that has to do with the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment. The square root of sweet f*ck-all, that's what.

Maybe changing the terms of Obamacare after it was signed into law.
Yeah, that was a total violation of the Second Amendment!

Am I missing any ?
You missed them all. But you got in your hysterical anti-Obama shriek, so you probably feel better now.

Why don't you just make that rant your sig line? Save time and effort, which you could then use to, and I quote "Quit changin' the subject and answer the fockin' question."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Jail the gun makers when someone dies by the gun
Jail the carmakers when somebody dies by the car.

Jail the sports equipment manufacturers when somebody is wounded or killed with a hockey stick.

Jail the peanut farmers when sombody dies by peanut allergy.

Jail Canada when somebody dies in a winter storm.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
How 'bout the First, Fourth, and Fifth for starters?

The "they" who are the subject of the thread. Difficult concept, I know, but do your best.

Not sure what that has to do with the Bill of Rights, particularly the Second Amendment, but don't let that stop you.

OK, I DO know what that has to do with the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment. The square root of sweet f*ck-all, that's what.

Yeah, that was a total violation of the Second Amendment!

You missed them all. But you got in your hysterical anti-Obama shriek, so you probably feel better now.

Why don't you just make that rant your sig line? Save time and effort, which you could then use to, and I quote "Quit changin' the subject and answer the fockin' question."

You don't have to be hysterical to hate Obama.......all you need to do is actually appreciate the separation of powers, due process, openess, the Constitution, and competence.....none of which Obama either possesses or understands.

The worst President since ........well, EVER.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You don't have to be hysterical to hate Obama.
Yeah, actually you do. Anybody who brings hate to his politics is pretty much an hysteric by definition.

......all you need to do is actually appreciate the separation of powers, due process, openess, the Constitution, and competence.....none of which Obama either possesses or understands.
And neither did the previous guy, or the one before that, or the one before that. But you pick who you wanna hate, and scream away. Especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

The worst President since ........well, EVER.
Not too fond of him myself. But since I live here, and have some reasonably warm feelings about the country, wouldn't make much sense for me to indulge in hatred and hysteria.

Hey, I have an idea! Let's ignore the fact that this thread is about gun control, and turn it into a full-time hate Obama thread! We don't have enough of those.