Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
OK, that made no sense.

Really though. I guess supporting any law is by that definition pro-gun. Except of course you have to frame it in just such a manner that any support for any policy in a society which has law and order is by nature supporting the elite.

I had no idea that Colpy was as loopy as Darkbeaver.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Really though. I guess supporting any law is by that definition pro-gun. Except of course you have to frame it in just such a manner that any support for any policy in a society which has law and order is by nature supporting the elite.

I had no idea that Colpy was as loopy as Darkbeaver.
I think the error is in the assumption that wanting gun control is necessarily the same thing as being anti-gun. It plays on the delusion of gun nuts that everyone who wants any form of weapons control is a tree-hugging aromatherapist who wants to turn all guns into bongs and sing Kum Ba Ya all day.

They're talking to themselves, essentially.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hah, Colpy! You're totally wrong, and I can prove it!

Because of the strict new gun control laws passed after the Newtown school shooting, New York City has reduced homicides by 20% from 2012, hitting the lowest number since statistics started being kept in 1963!

Hurrah for strict, effectively prohibitive gun laws!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hah, Colpy! You're totally wrong, and I can prove it!

Because of the strict new gun control laws passed after the Newtown school shooting, New York City has reduced homicides by 20% from 2012, hitting the lowest number since statistics started being kept in 1963!

Hurrah for strict, effectively prohibitive gun laws!

You blew it with ",,,,,,Because of the strict new gun control laws..."

The murder rate all over the USA is at its lowest level in 50 years, including in states that have been deregulating the use and ownership of firearms.

Oh, and this is old, but interesting.

Gun Myths Gone in Five Minutes: ABC News 20/20 | R.T.B.A. Co.

I know you aren't serious anyway......

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You blew it with ",,,,,,Because of the strict new gun control laws..."

The murder rate all over the USA is at its lowest level in 50 years, including in states that have been deregulating the use and ownership of firearms.

Oh, and this is old, but interesting.

Gun Myths Gone in Five Minutes: ABC News 20/20 | R.T.B.A. Co.

I know you aren't serious anyway......
Of course I wasn't. No strict gun control laws were passed as a result of Newtown. That was kinda the point.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC