Quit Picking on the Republicans

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I bet the same procedure will work down there.
The solutions to all our problems are simple. Implementing them is the problem. There is no motivation. The only thing I see getting people motivated requires some mass destruction event like an asteroid. Complacency is the the biggest problem faced by the west. Muslim terrorist are highly motivated. The west lit a fire under their collective azzes. What will it take to lite one under the west?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In those states are where the migrant workers are... illegals. Why not just insure Mexico why were are at it..
Would there be as many illegals if the Colorado River still flowed to the Sea of Cortez? Those illegals are hired illegally to keep food costs artificially low so you can enjoy a $0.65 green pepper in January. If those illegals had health care, they'd be able to work harder and more efficiently.

It was the US government (left and right)t that f*cked them out of the jobs and non-narco economy they had in Tecate and Chihuahua and f*cked Americans out of jobs knowing full well the food industry was going to hire the illegals who lost their jobs and left their kids with no future in Mexico.

I'd have no issues with paying $0.75 for a green pepper if Americans worked the American side and were paid fairly and Mexicans were paid fairly in Mexico if water were shared equally.

Every summer a sh*tload of Mexican permit workers and their famalias come to work the food industry in BC AB SK MB and ON. They are paid fairly, pay taxes to CDN Gov have Canadian health care, the same rights and freedoms as we do, the farms make money and in Canada the green pepper is still $0.65.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Great, you've offered a solution, and one that I would support in being prudent and reasonable... Now, all that's required is to initiate the action(s) and redeploy the money.

That said, my feeling is that it isn't an action that we should expect to hang our hats on... Whether or not we agree/disagree on that policy suggestion won't matter. I think it's safe to say that military spending will remain as it is.

In the end, the money that I have asked gopher about still needs to materialize in order for his universal healthcare system to exist.

... And this takes us back to the core question - does the WH have the money?
Yes, it does.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
say it ain't so

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You guys were screwed long before Obama and medicare.
Won't argue that.

Listen, the OECD has 33 successful models of health care. All of them provide universal coverage and comparable outcomes to U.S. medicine, at an average of about 1/2 the per capita cost. What does this mean?

Well, it means we could take any of those models off the shelf, apply it without revision, and be in business.

This leads to my health care proposal.

Health care, for a number of historical, legal, and practical reasons, should be provided by the states.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Won't argue that.

Listen, the OECD has 33 successful models of health care. All of them provide universal coverage and comparable outcomes to U.S. medicine, at an average of about 1/2 the per capita cost. What does this mean?

Well, it means we could take any of those models off the shelf, apply it without revision, and be in business.

This leads to my health care proposal.

Health care, for a number of historical, legal, and practical reasons, should be provided by the states.

you pinko bastard

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Wait a minute, I thought I was a merciless savage.

Bastard I will cop to. My parents met briefly over a few drinks.

you need to find jezuz fast dude, you think it's monday, you like my t*ts and you're a savage bastard

8O how come I can write bastard but not d i ck

just things to ponder whilst lookin'

try the closet

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
you need to find jezuz fast dude,
Heck, I didn't even know he was lost!

you think it's monday, you like my t*ts and you're a savage bastard
And those are my virtues.

8O how come I can write bastard but not d i ck

just things to ponder whist lookin'

try the closet
You are rude, crude, lewd, unruly, illegal, immoral, and socially unacceptable.

I admire that.